Tips for Missile, Demon, Zombie, Girl and Impossible Boy

S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2021 at 9:10 AM, synthesis13 said:

Currently on the Rapture. Need advice in run stage recomendation from hardest to easiest

I'm not sure if you're talking Light or Dark levels... I just finished the Light version of Rapture, and I went 15-20, then right back through the beginning, 1-14. I hope this helps.

Huge thank you to @S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y for laying out some tips for these! I just got started working on Missile Boy last night and these tips have been uber helpful so far. 

Edited by Joe Dubz
fixed incorrect info!
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Joe Dubz said:

I'm not sure if you're talking Light or Dark levels... I just finished the Light version of Rapture, and I went 15-20, then right back through the beginning, 1-14. If I did the salt rush one (15) in the middle I would flake and jump into one of the big piles of salt since you need to go fast! I hope this helps.

Huge thank you to @S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y for laying out some tips for these! I just got started working on Missile Boy last night and these tips have been uber helpful so far. 

got it today on Light World, the hardest stage is 11. My current death is 17.258. 

need 8 tropies again to platinum 

• Like 1

On 03/03/2021 at 2:35 AM, synthesis13 said:

got it today on Light World, the hardest stage is 11. My current death is 17.258. 

need 8 tropies again to platinum 

I made a playlist of all my no death runs including the level order I did.  Hopefully you can find some use of it.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3t0kT3klngN5_SqPAKFV3fXlnXJwlvnU

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, synthesis13 said:

Get Missile Boy today. Time to take a rest a bit lol

current death : 18.225

Nice congrats!  I found Missile Boy pretty hard too.  Good idea to take a rest - recharge and go again. :) You may find Hell pretty easy and Rapture light quite easy.  Rapture dark/cotton alley are really troublesome so good luck!

10 minutes ago, Deano1337 said:

Nice congrats!  I found Missile Boy pretty hard too.  Good idea to take a rest - recharge and go again. :) You may find Hell pretty easy and Rapture light quite easy.  Rapture dark/cotton alley are really troublesome so good luck!

Hell light and Rapture light already get.

next target Hell Dark ?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, sn3akysaxo said:

Managed to beat Zombie boy tonight... just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the tips in this thread. They have really helped me in getting few some tricky levels. Girl boy and impossible boy await.... 

congrats! thats no easy feat zombie boy gave me a run for my money! You'll be apart of the plat club soon enough! keep at it

• Like 1

On 3/21/2021 at 1:50 PM, synthesis13 said:

Hell light and Rapture light already get.

next target Hell Dark 1f525.png

It might sound like a cliche one major tip I would like to point out for Hell Dark and the other harder worlds is to don't let the stress win over you. Even in a tight situation, remaining calm will help you out in that situation. I messed up 3 times on Hell Dark because of getting stressed near the end of the no-death run (I wasn't isolated and had people chatting nearby on my final attempt, like around 4-5X (which was like three stages away from the trophy on this run) which nearly distracted me but managed to pull that off somehow lol). I gave a break after Demon Boy but will eventually return to the game and try to clear the rest on the Vita (yeah, maybe a little extra torturing xD. But playing on Vita is actually alright, had a decent time when I was playing in the summer). Good luck to you on the Demon Boy trophy attempt.

• Like 1

Going for this now. Had done the first 2 worlds (light and dark) a while ago, but doing missile boy now. Just curious as to what I have ahead. How difficult is demon boy compared to missile boy? Hell light and rapture light easier than salt dark? I already know rapture dark, girl boy and obviously impossible boy are the main hurdles but was curious about the others.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Kal2210 said:

Going for this now. Had done the first 2 worlds (light and dark) a while ago, but doing missile boy now. Just curious as to what I have ahead. How difficult is demon boy compared to missile boy? Hell light and rapture light easier than salt dark? I already know rapture dark, girl boy and obviously impossible boy are the main hurdles but was curious about the others.

Brimstone Boy (Hell Light) and Maggot Boy (Rapture Light) were easier than Missile Boy (Salt Dark). In my opinion, the difficulty scale order from easiest to hardest is Forest Light - Hospital Light - Forest Dark - Salt Light - Hospital Dark - Hell Light - Rapture Light - Salt Dark - Hell Dark (and the rest is Rapture Dark - Cotton Alley Light - Cotton Alley Dark but I haven't tried them out yet so writing them in parentheses. My opinions on last three might change after completing them myself). Don't be afraid of the world themselves as the more you practice the more consistent the world will get, keep at it. Good luck.

• Like 2

On 27/03/2021 at 11:43 PM, XxIsa-GxX said:

It might sound like a cliche one major tip I would like to point out for Hell Dark and the other harder worlds is to don't let the stress win over you. Even in a tight situation, remaining calm will help you out in that situation. I messed up 3 times on Hell Dark because of getting stressed near the end of the no-death run (I wasn't isolated and had people chatting nearby on my final attempt, like around 4-5X (which was like three stages away from the trophy on this run) which nearly distracted me but managed to pull that off somehow lol). I gave a break after Demon Boy but will eventually return to the game and try to clear the rest on the Vita (yeah, maybe a little extra torturing xD. But playing on Vita is actually alright, had a decent time when I was playing in the summer). Good luck to you on the Demon Boy trophy attempt.

thanks for the tips man. Yeah, i played on vita. Try ps4, but quite difficult to control lol

21 hours ago, XxIsa-GxX said:

Brimstone Boy (Hell Light) and Maggot Boy (Rapture Light) were easier than Missile Boy (Salt Dark). In my opinion, the difficulty scale order from easiest to hardest is Forest Light - Hospital Light - Forest Dark - Salt Light - Hospital Dark - Hell Light - Rapture Light - Salt Dark - Hell Dark (and the rest is Rapture Dark - Cotton Alley Light - Cotton Alley Dark but I haven't tried them out yet so writing them in parentheses. My opinions on last three might change after completing them myself). Don't be afraid of the world themselves as the more you practice the more consistent the world will get, keep at it. Good luck.

Thanks for this. Finished Missile Boy tonight and gonna start on Demon Boy in the next few days. Hopefully it’s not that much worse than Missile Boy.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats to everyone who has got the plat. I'm currently practising "impossible boy" and it is going well, 9/20. The level I have the biggest problems with is 7-2x (and of course 7-19x but that goes without saying ?). I can dodge the saw blades but that part from bottom to top is so hard to get consistend in. Oh well, practise practise practise = SMB ? "Only" this one left for the plat. 

• Like 4

Nearly 15000 deaths in total, and almost 2 weeks of flat out practice, I finished Impossible boy and got the platinum! ?

I just wanted to say that this thread was a great help along the way, so thank you to all who have posted their tips and experiences here. Never thought I'd see the end after a 5 year break from the game. 

What a thrill ride it's been! ?

Edited by Dafwilliams0308
Extra bit to add
  • Like 4

Yesss, finally the journey is over. I have just finished impossible boy and the plat. My god my heart was racing like hell on the last 2 levels ?

Thank you all for the posts in this thread. I did not use much from it (I like to figure out my own strats as I go along) but thank you all nonetheless ?

And for future players, keep at it and don't give up. It's such a good and rewarding game! 

• Like 3