Tips for Missile, Demon, Zombie, Girl and Impossible Boy

S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y

Some excellent tips in this thread, particularly for Impossible Boy, which I have been practicing for about a day now. I can already feel myself improving (went on a 12 level streak and wiped out at 7-14x after an unfortunate slip up to the second block).

Shout out to @YosemiteSam74 for your detailed video on Impossible Boy; I can now do 7-9x fairly consistently (at least 75% of the time) thanks to your tip in the video!  

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I’ve just picked SMB back up after a long time speaking of tips does anyone have any tips on using the fans correctly? I seem to be better at them now but also the energy ball things that make you float? There’s a level on cotton alley with one that you have to control constantly and I’m not looking forward to that!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the platinum trophy after 7.9k deaths. Thank you to everyone who shared strats for levels, was extremely useful.

Impossible Boy run: 

Some strats I found myself, might be useful to somebody:

5-4x: I found a way to make the last jump around the saw easier. Using The Kid, if you stand on the ground, the magnet should push you to the very end without pushing you off. From there, walk left for half a second, then start running. You should be running in place, close to the magnet. While still holding left and run, jump up. You should fly up past the saw, and then hold right and double jump over it.

7-18x: Do the normal strat, lure all the Oobs together, then lure them offscreen above you as you get the key.

The offscreen Oobs still fly towards you slowly. What I suggest doing is climbing up the opposite wall and start wall jumping. This means the Oobs will fly down at a shallower angle, which means they'll be further away when you're standing on the key platform above Meat Boy as it disappears. You can see this in my Impossible Boy video, its the last level I do.

Good luck to anyone trying to do the nodeath runs, they may seem impossible at times but with enough practice you can get through them.

Edited by disaster500
link was not working
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Fighting myself through the flawless runs myself at the moment, with tackling Missile Boy right now. It's the first one i am struggling a bi with, especially with 3-18 Bile Duct and 3-13 Black Circle. I mean i can beat these rounds but not consistent enough so far. Also some others are no joke here ^^

However I also want to thank you for providing so many tips and ideas, I've already stolen a lot of these approaches ( especially using flywrench for many of the alt Factory dark levels ) :-) 

This will come in even more handy once I have beaten this world ( hopefully one day lol ) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Im at girl and impossible boy right now :)

Mostly i went through all levels with at max dying 3 Times.

After that picked the ones i struggled.

Then started to just streak.

I found it usefull to reorder levels if u get familiar with ones you struggled before.

For zombieboy i did 3-8, 15-20, 9-14

Before i went 15-20, 9-14 an then died on the early levels by stupid mistakes, cause of Adrenaline, so keep in mind the better your streak gets, the more you will get on adrenaline ;)

• 2 months later...

Thanks for all the tips in here. I'm gonna put up my order on Impossible Boy in case it helps someone:

First:

19x-20x-1x

The three of my top five most hated levels. 19x, I quickly found a rythm on the last section but the pressure of it being one of the last to complete made my choke 9/10 times. 1x, I never found a sound technique to do the last buzzsaw section, so it was 50-50, live or die, each time. 20x, it's just too long to be one of the last and the beginning section is infuriating.

Next:

7x-8x-9x

7x and 8x aren't too bad, but one misstep and your run is done for. 9x however can go shove itself, my fourth of five most hated levels. I found a timing with the top of the salt mountain in the middle, but it was still hit-or-miss most of the time.

Next:

13x-14x-15x-16x

Doing these consecutively was very hard at first but luckily with the level exit strategy, they became tolerable. Except 15x, the person who designed the Black Maws can go screw themselves. My fifth out of five most hated levels. 16x, I had tremendous trouble coordinating a strat with it's stupid slingshot physics, ruined maybe 4 very good runs for me. My sixth out of five most hated levels. 

Next:

2x-3x-4x-5x-6x

Now to the easy sections. Nothing worth noting. I've heard people had difficulties with 6x, but I quickly found a good flow with it myself, so I almost never died on it. But if it is annoying to you, put it in the 7x-8x-9x section instead.

Next:

10x-11x-12x

Another easy section. Only 11x posed a possible threat, I used the jump-over-the-moving-buzzsaw-wall technique at the start of the level. It takes some tries to get right, but I only ever choked a good run once after I got the timing down. 

Last:

17x-18x

The two easiest levels in Dark Cotton Alley. 17x can seem impossible at first but as soon as you figured out a route with safe vantage points you'll never die again on this level. 18x, I used the strat of getting the Oobs to fly off-screen before grabbing the key. The window for pausing and quitting the level is as open as it can ever be if you feel it difficult to gather the Oobs together.

If people want more advice on the individual levels, just ask, I'll be happy to help.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
On 3/20/2022 at 7:20 PM, mipdii said:

x20 - I didn't see this done a lot in the runs I watched on YT and don't know why because it really relieves pressure of outrunning the blades. At the start run and jump over first blade then stop at the end of the first platform between the last and second last blade. You should be able to line your body up against the dark line verticals on the windows/building in the background. Let the blade wall move through/past you and then continue without it chasing you.

Good luck all.

Because out running the blades doesn't add that much challenge, but getting behind (well, OVER)them eats up time.  So it's more practical to deal with a slightly increased challenge that wastes a lot less time.

A similar strategy makes sense for 5-18x and 7-11x because in the former, you have to wait a bit before you can complete the level in the first place, and with the ladder it wastes basically no time (although it's precise enough as to not remove any actual challenge).

Edited by g34hgfggn