Tips for Missile, Demon, Zombie, Girl and Impossible Boy

S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y

I must admit. After taking a break from SMB for two weeks, I've progressed more in two days than I ever did in 32.

Cotton Alley Dark World:

14/20 - x1

13/20 - x5

12/20 - x7

10/20 - x10

Levels that are considered a threat:

7-1X (slowly getting better)

7-6X (mostly from slipping)

7-7X (missing the magic pixel)

7-8X (getting better)

7-9X (getting better)

7-13X (mostly from slipping)

7-16X (positioning)

7-19X (getting better)

7-20X (died the most)

Edited by DJY8898
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Few days straight trying to get impossible boy and i think it's not that hard but i got one fucking problem tbh level 19 any pro tips guys ? I'm not running at the top of the level but my timing is awfull i can't even see where bandage girl is when i'm doing it so i only count jumps to 7. Maybe that's because i play it on a 55" TV ill try PC monitor 21". @S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y

Edited by UltraRareBoy
  • Like 1

Well i played on a 27" Monitor and sit really close to it when it comes to level 19.

there were times when i just died in level 19 for one hour straight.

And then there were times in which I managed the level 10 times in a row.

My problem has always been that i jumped too fast or to slow, maybe it will help you to change your timing.

Good luck anyway! It's now just a matter of Time, till you got that one lucky Run :)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

Well i played on a 27" Monitor and sit really close to it when it comes to level 19.

there were times when i just died in level 19 for one hour straight.

And then there were times in which I managed the level 10 times in a row.

My problem has always been that i jumped too fast or to slow, maybe it will help you to change your timing.

Good luck anyway! It's now just a matter of Time, till you got that one lucky Run :)

Alright thanks! Need to do this quick cause i want to start Nuclear Throne :D

• Like 1

Beautiful Tips This game is really tough on the way to Platinum and you need to practice many If you do not continue to play you will lose your skill This is the main problem the game needs (speed, concentration, and feeling of movement while pressing the control button) such as R1 & X

10 minutes ago, Kagerismaru said:

Beautiful Tips This game is really tough on the way to Platinum and you need to practice many If you do not continue to play you will lose your skill This is the main problem the game needs (speed, concentration, and feeling of movement while pressing the control button) such as R1 & X

and you are someone who knows what he is talking about! :)

Congratulations and big Respect for the fastest platinum time in smb in just around 22 hours! 

Maybe you can still share a few tips with us? :)

• Like 1

On 03/12/2018 at 8:38 PM, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

and you are someone who knows what he is talking about! :)

Yeah, you're right. @Kagerismaru, please teach us. Teach us how to edit timestamps as poorly as you do. I know that you've fucked up on multiple occasions after completing only 18 games, but please, you can improve. I hope to see you get this plat in less than five hours, I'm sure you can do it!

Oh fuck ok, if  that is true, then I'll take back everything I've said. ?

1 hour ago, Smzthy said:

Yeah, you're right. @Kagerismaru, please teach us. Teach us how to edit timestamps as poorly as you do. I know that you've fucked up on multiple occasions after completing only 18 games, but please, you can improve. I hope to see you get this plat in less than five hours, I'm sure you can do it!

6 hours ago, Smzthy said:

Dont think if you Premium member

you can do everything 

you know exactly it’s legit all leader do that also I’m practicing another account to back in my own account don’t say thing you don’t know what happen if my member the problem I can puy for lifetime member

but I’m explain what happen and I’m wait the respond 

there is the guy get platinum MGS2 in 23 Minuets 

Edited by Kagerismaru

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @Arcesus7

I'm sorry that I'll answer you so late.
First of all, congratulations on the platinum and thank you for sharing the experience you gained on your way to the platinum!

Huge Respect for all the work and time you put in your tips.
I'm sure that will help one or the other on his way to the platinum. :)

I would have been so happy about such good screenshots and detailed tips when I was going for impossible boy. ^^

I am very pleased that so many good people have reached platinum lately, which is a huge achievement from a trophy point of View and testifies to a great deal of patience and skill.
Maybe one of you might have some motivational words for those who are going to try to get the platinum in the near future and think it would be impossible. :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, JxhanF said:

2v2uyjb.jpg

After dying on 15/20, 17/20 and 18/20 (to the damn SALT PILE in the end of 7-11x!) over the past week I finally got this one today, my 10th plat. The grind is over, I'm so relieved!

My route: 1-2-6-8-9-13-14-19-20-15-16-17-18-10-11-12-3-4-5-7

Thanks to all the tips in this thread, they have been very helpful. Here is my rundown of the levels:

7-1x – Nothing to add that already haven't been said. It just takes practice and will always be a risky level. I did it the same way as Arcesus7 above.

7-2x – This was one of the hardest levels for me personally. I just can't keep a rhythm and I find it very physically exhausting, both with the controller and for my eyes to keep track of the sawblades. I absolutely despised it during my longer sessions, it almost made me physically ill. I ended up always going in chunks of 4-10 jumps with directions before doing a vertical jump to regain control of my position relative to the sawblades.

7-3x – One of the easiest. I went with the jump sequence 4-2-2 on the right side and it was very consistent.

7-4x – Even easier. I went with 1 jump on the left side – wait for incoming sawblade – jump over it and jump up on platform – jump over to the right side and back quickly to the higher left wall. Then 1 jump – 1 jump over the sawblade – 1 more jump up to the platform. Then wait until it's clear and jump to Meat Boy.

7-5x – I died to this one on my 17/20 run but it's not hard. Just take it easy, only do guaranteed jumps. I find the small jumps to the middle platform with max speed the easiest so you end up on the lower platform on the other side. Remember to not rush it, you have all the time in the world.

7-6x – This one is fairly easy but it's easy to make mistakes like slipping, going too slow or jumping too high. Practice it regularly and do it early in the run since it's a quick one.

7-7x – Magic pixel. 100% guaranteed with Arcesus7 technique above. Massive thanks for that gif!

7-8x - I jumped immediately to the right side, then waited for the bigger gap before jumping back. I only used 1 jump in the end. I jumped exactly when the red dude in between the "fence" and the pillar. This one became fairly consistent in the end.

7-9x – Always stop at the bottom before going up the conveyor belt – you can do this by going direction-less when descending to the bottom platform. This will make you much more consistent at this level.

7-10x – Easy level but takes some practice. The only tricky bit is the one in the middle where you have to remove a block which a rocket launcher behind you. You have to find a consistent sequence of jumps that works every time, but basically you just make sure they don't fire at the same time and you switch side when the rockets approaches. The very last middle bit you can do just by running, no more dodging required (as incorrectly stated in some Youtube guides).

7-11x – I jumped over the chasing sawblades and doing so was almost 100% consistent for me. Jump over the wall, run immediately to the right wall, jump/slide up max height then down approximately 1 block, then jump back over the sawblade. After that it's a very easy level. 

Still though, it killed me on my 18/20 run due to my weak nerves. My hands were trembling and i ran straight into the salt pile in the end. It was devastating.

7-12x – 3rd easiest level for me. No special tricks needed, just go slow and carefully.

7-13x – Fairly easy level in isolation but I found it hard to do later in the runs when you get nervous. There are many opportunities for mistakes. Takes a lot of practice.

I used both the top and the bottom shortcuts and used very small directionless jumps to launch from the walls on the first three levels, followed by enough run+direction to reach the middle platform.

7-14x – I used Arcesus7 technique above and got about a 66% consistency with it. I highly recommend practicing the level that way.

7-15x – I used esstee11 tip to go high on the left side and low on the right side and had 100% consistency with it. Thanks for that one! I always ended the level by running to Meat Boy — not jumping as it posed unnecessary risk.

7-16x – Always a risky level, but I rarely died to it. Just take it easy and practice using your momentum. I always passed the saw blades by building up some up and downward momentum, then moving from the left to the right side under the sawblade in one clean motion. Quit to map and reset every time you feel something is "off". I re-did this one maybe 5 or 6 times every run.

7-17x – This is the 2nd easiest. Just look up a routine from some speedrun or Impossible Boy run, copy it and practice the timing. Works 100% of the time.

7-18x – I almost never died to this one. I corralled them and flung them off screen.You just have to take your time and quit to map/reset if you can't group them up properly.

7-19x – This one became easy and consistent for me when I started dividing the top (walking part) into two parts. I did 3 or 4 jumps first, then stopped and repositioned. Then the last few jumps. 1/10 times you won't be fast enough but you'll make up for it in spades by not dying on the last few sawblades.

7-20x – Very annoying and risky level due to its length. You can do the trick to get behind the approaching sawblades but I found that to be waste of time. I speedran this to be more consistent but I still died fairly often here. 

I found 1 / 2 / 6 / 8 / 9 / 13 / 14 / 20 to be the harder levels and I always did these first. I kept shuffling the order around to keep things fresh.

In general I would, just like many others in this thread, recommend shorter playing sessions of 30 to 90 mins. If you play longer you run the risk of getting frustrated and sloppy, and sometimes it's hard to notice that yourself. I played 6 hours straight in the beginning and made no progress. It was only when I started to incorporate breaks that I got beyond 3 or 4 levels in a row.

I'd also recommend playing without music or with something calming. I used some ambient mixes from youtube to keep me from tilting.

All in all, read through this thread before you get serious about grinding this out and you can be confident you know most of the better techniques, tips and tricks available. There's not much out there that hasn't been said here already, I found. 

Again, thanks to everyone for contributing. Now I'm gonna celebrate with a beer or six.

Congratulations mate! It feels really good doesn’t it, not that I want to put myself through that torture again for awhile! I was thinking I’d never get it, could only play an hour a day the last few weeks cos I was getting frustrated. I had encouragement from a guy on this site which helped me not to quit. A really tough game but very rewarding. Enjoy your beers and looking at the trophy pop lol I know I did ?

• Like 1

Sorry if this has been answered before, but how does this game check the consecutiveness of the levels? For example if I died on lvl 20 a few times then did it and proceeded to do 1-19 w/o dying and not returning to the map or title ever, would the no death trophy pop or do I need to like reset the counter whenever I die by returning to the map/title or something?

Another example if I did 1-10, died on 11, then did 11 does the counter start again there, so if I did 12-20 after that and went back and do 1-10 again would the trophy pop?

So basically do I ever need to manually exit to the map or title or can I just play consecutively until I get the 20 in a row in whatever combination it happens without ever exiting?

25 minutes ago, Theladozz said:

Sorry if this has been answered before, but how does this game check the consecutiveness of the levels? For example if I died on lvl 20 a few times then did it and proceeded to do 1-19 w/o dying and not returning to the map or title ever, would the no death trophy pop or do I need to like reset the counter whenever I die by returning to the map/title or something?

Another example if I did 1-10, died on 11, then did 11 does the counter start again there, so if I did 12-20 after that and went back and do 1-10 again would the trophy pop?

So basically do I ever need to manually exit to the map or title or can I just play consecutively until I get the 20 in a row in whatever combination it happens without ever exiting?

No need to exit to the menu when you die. In the second example the answer is yes, the trophy would pop. You can play consecutively without exiting!

• Like 1