Looks like a nice, tough list

SadisticSymphony

5 minutes ago, SecondGenesis said:

Just curious, are Steam achievements available in Early Access? If so, how'd you go?

Yeah they are. I only unlocked the early easy stuff. Heres a list of rarity on steam, https://steamcommunity.com/stats/588650/achievements

The rarest achievment beeing I like to live dangerously… at 0.3%, Im expecting it will the close to that here on PSNP aswell.

Cursed sword basicly means you get one hit killed from almost anything and you need to beat the entire game using it =)

Great way to unlock the no damage boss trophy thoo.

Edited by Quink666

12 minutes ago, Admiralvic said:

You can.

I think it will be rare, simply because of a lack of interest. As someone with the platinum, I can confirm it's a pretty easy game. Realistically a 3/10. 

It isn't that bad, nor are the no damage boss runs. I uploaded a fair amount of trophy/achievement guide videos and you can see it's pretty easy.

Should give you an idea why I say that/am not all talk. This video also shows both bosses at four boss stem difficulty.

Oh wow I thought this game would be a pain but lol looks to be a 2/10 haha

• Like 1

Just now, Titanomachy_75 said:

Oh wow I thought this game would be a pain but lol looks to be a 2/10 haha

I did too. You can watch some of my videos and see that it has a lot to do with build and certain builds are absurdly broken. 

This fight against the Hand predated me learning how to break the game and you can see I do okay, but it's clearly a much harder game than those other videos indicate. I should also note that, while the second video above and the one below are on Nightmare/4 Stem, this one is on default. It was once I learned how to break things that levels became an absolute joke. 

If you watch the video above it's pretty clear that there are massive balance issues and it creates a situation where, with enough skill, the difficulty can be brought down to near zero. This video is also from the run where I beat both bosses flawlessly above and got my platinum. 

1 minute ago, SecondGenesis said:

Interesting, thanks for the info. Still going to be a fun playthrough I believe :)

Well, don't let my super easy videos fool you. Even if it's possible to become broken at the end, you need to have enough skill to survive/last however many stages it takes to get the power needed to be unstoppable and that can be hard. I also probably had 60+ hours on the game by then and was playing under much harder conditions, forcing me to get creative/learn how to survive, all of which just went to make the later builds even more powerful. 

I will also say that the game is a lot of fun, especially if you play with a less broken build, though the final boss can be really rough. My review will likely explain this in length but the main idea is, with the right build he melts and the wrong build he is a tanky nightmare with absurd reach (just compare the Nothing Wrong video with the I Like to Live one). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SecondGenesis said:

Appreciate your thoughts anyway mate, I've been looking forward to this game for a long time. Same with Death's Gambit. Good to hear its not broken from the start, and you actually need some skill. 

Not at all. Even if you can do it at the start, you'll likely lack the skill to survive and will need to do multiple failed runs to collect the runes/blueprints. Odds are you won't get many of the best weapons, if I recall correctly three or more of the items I used in a lot of my videos have a <1 percent drop rate, meaning you need the Hunter Grenade and that will likely take a couple hours or more to do. I mean, if you're absolutely perfect and don't have absurd luck, you could realistically hit the broken point after around 10 hours. 

17 minutes ago, Admiralvic said:

Not at all. Even if you can do it at the start, you'll likely lack the skill to survive and will need to do multiple failed runs to collect the runes/blueprints. Odds are you won't get many of the best weapons, if I recall correctly three or more of the items I used in a lot of my videos have a <1 percent drop rate, meaning you need the Hunter Grenade and that will likely take a couple hours or more to do. I mean, if you're absolutely perfect and don't have absurd luck, you could realistically hit the broken point after around 10 hours. 

When i played the early access there where almost no weapons/skills seems like they added a shit ton of skills and weapons since last i played. What would you rate the difficulty without using a "OP" build?

Just now, Quink666 said:

Shiiiet. looks like im gonna have to grind the gear then.  

I guess I should expand on this, what makes an "OP" build and more. Nothing in this game is terribly difficult besides Flawless Victory, Hand flawless and Curse Sword run, two of which are the same thing. The last two are the only things that bring it to a 10/10 too.

While I won't get into too much, since I don't want to tank my guides views, I will explain what makes someone OP. My general impression is the game is suppose to be played with a more balanced build, which is fine for two of the bosses (if you watch the trophy guides I uploaded for the two bosses shown in that other video they're done with a more balanced build and more skill), but leaves you underpowered for The Hand (see What? There is Nothing Wrong with These video). The idea behind being OP is simply going for power over survival, which eventually leads to absurd stats and a massive reduction in difficulty. Like, look at how the stats change between runs.

7yCUqxU.jpg

Balanced Run

e92CzPp.jpg

Almost all stats Brutality

Needless to say, my Frantic Sword is now doing over 10x more damage a hit, likely bringing me to whatever cap bosses have on damage. It also raises other DPS based skills and/or the rate you can use a grenade/turret (80 percent brings it down to about 4 seconds, so even 60 would go to 8 seconds making a massive increase/change) and other crazy things. 

Anyway, The Hand of the King has massive range, has a lot of skills that can be hard to dodge long term, the adds can be a nightmare (in many of my low attack runs I couldn't kill them before the boss returned to the fight) and he can hit you before he actually swings (I have videos/screenshots where I get hit a frame or two before he moves, meaning the timing can be pretty awkward). Thaw/ice is also playing with fire without a lot of attack or the ability to spam it.

What will often happen is the boss/enemy will suddenly move at a faster speed and you'll get hit in the confusion, making it less risky to fight at a consistent speed than one that varies. It wasn't uncommon for me to dodge one slow attack and then get hit by a sudden quick one. With the bow/4 second grenades, you can keep the boss in a near constant state of thaw, decreasing the speed/difficulty of dodging any attacks. 

When I went into The Hand of the King fight with the Cursed Sword and high attack, it was never The Hand that got me, it was always the adds. This is because they were less predictable and had more going on, where as I could out DPS The Hand of the Kings phases. If you want to see what I mean, just look at how much longer the low attack fight video is and then ask yourself if you can avoid 20+ more attacks that take up a fairly large portion of the screen and sometimes will result in terrible placements (banners being in hard to get to locations, having to dodge the running attack with them on the field, super jump without anything to jump on to the side and so forth). Even if I can dodge every attack, the longer the fight goes the more likely it is for me to just have bad luck. 

Sooner or later you'll have nothing to jump onto, he will do something with almost no time to react or you'll make the wrong choice and get hit, resulting in another run. I think the absolute best I ever managed with a balanced build was 25 percent left and that was after a lot of tries and a fair amount of luck. When I moved to high damage, I think it took four attempts. 

• Like 1

Just now, Quink666 said:

So we can expect a guide here on PSNP or do you use another site to upload your guides?

I write for a site and a couple are up, my YouTube has all the videos I plan on uploading and a few more will be posted before it releases. Outside of that, I have no intention of writing a PSNP guide, sorry, but anyone interested is welcome to use my videos. It wouldn't be the first time and likely won't be the last time someone has done that. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Killbomb said:

Thanks for the vids, admiralvic. Wonder if they'll patch any of these broken builds out of the game.

Personally, I doubt it. The only way to patch it out is to either put an upwards cap on builds or decrease the amount of damage you can do to a boss.

While the former is more likely than the latter, especially since there is a limit as to how much health/cooldown decrease each can potentially give, it would limit builds and be a fairly substantial change. They most likely realized the potential for stuff like this and put a limit as to how much damage you can do to a boss. My friend said The Time Keeper is locked at around 2 percent, meaning you can potentially kill her in 50 hits, with any further reduction making stats less relevant.

I never ran tests to figure out where the cap is, largely due to me not needing to min/max to steamroll the game, but if someone were to and it's determined that you don't need additional elemental damage, base damage increase, perks above X level and more, it will be a massive blow to the games depth. Imagine looking at the images I posted above and knowing most of the stats don't matter and anything besides something that increases damage taken is the same as the perfect roll. 

Plus, even if they do remove the ability to do this in the future, the base version allows for it, meaning you simply have to avoid installing updates if you want easy trophies. The only thing that might change is additional trophies, like Enter the Gungeon did, but that won't stop you from getting the platinum. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SecondGenesis said:

Death's Gambit also will have a plat, and the devs said it would be pretty hard as well.

Next game with Guacamelee 2 what a month 

8 hours ago, Admiralvic said:

You can.

I think it will be rare, simply because of a lack of interest. As someone with the platinum, I can confirm it's a pretty easy game. Realistically a 3/10. 

It isn't that bad, nor are the no damage boss runs. I uploaded a fair amount of trophy/achievement guide videos and you can see it's pretty easy.

Should give you an idea why I say that/am not all talk. This video also shows both bosses at four boss stem difficulty.

Awesome you put a video guide? Thx mate

One important question how the game save? I think the USB stick trick is awesome for a lot of trophies if the game save everywhere and you need to only close the application. But i don't know someone explain me, thx

Edited by Neme-ita