Looks like a nice, tough list

SadisticSymphony

On 5/8/2018 at 2:58 AM, SecondGenesis said:

Especially the 4 cell run, I've heard that's pretty tough. Nice mix in the list though, including no damage from bosses, should be fun!

Why the 4 cell run it is tought? anyway those No-Damage trophy..., man, I hate that kind of trophies....

1 hour ago, FlareZero said:

Why the 4 cell run it is tought? anyway those No-Damage trophy..., man, I hate that kind of trophies....

Basically, you have to beat the game with a bunch of negative modifiers and after a certain amount of hits you just die unless you heal. The idea behind the latter is, a couple hits might kill you at low health, but if you tank a bunch of hits at high health, you'll still have to do something or die. It basically just becomes a "get cursed as often as possible and heal that way" run. 

3xB0IbW.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Admiralvic said:

Basically, you have to beat the game with a bunch of negative modifiers and after a certain amount of hits you just die unless you heal. The idea behind the latter is, a couple hits might kill you at low health, but if you tank a bunch of hits at high health, you'll still have to do something or die. It basically just becomes a "get cursed as often as possible and heal that way" run. 

3xB0IbW.jpg

Geez, looks hard as hell O_o

Unfortunately, there always the option of using backup saves to have unlimited retries and trivialize all difficult challenges. I wish more developers used spelunky type progression of unlocking shortcuts, which would allow them to disable saving during runs. Now it's a tradeoff between having ability to continue a run vs legitimacy and no one will, nor should they choose the latter over former, at least with this type of design.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, FlareZero said:

Geez, looks hard as hell O_o

It really isn't. With the right build it's super easy. You can watch some of the videos I've posted and get an idea of what it's like. 

6 hours ago, Synophis said:

Unfortunately, there always the option of using backup saves to have unlimited retries and trivialize all difficult challenges. I wish more developers used spelunky type progression of unlocking shortcuts, which would allow them to disable saving during runs. Now it's a tradeoff between having ability to continue a run vs legitimacy and no one will, nor should they choose the latter over former, at least with this type of design.

Well, two things.

First and foremost, Spelunky is a very different game. Even if you find an axe, shotgun or a lot of cash, there isn't as much in terms of RNG/item diversity. Not to mention Spelunky can be beat in five or so minutes, versus 20+ for Dead Cells. From there, even if that is a better system, it impacts sales. Like, Gungeon originally worked like Spelunky, in that you can build shortcuts and just start from the end, but saves was the most commonly requested feature and it's better to ruin the hardcore aspect to gain sales than to say no and decrease sales. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Synophis said:

I use this methos one time, but when you finish the game you return from scratch like when you die right? This method is ok only until last boss i think. 

17 hours ago, Admiralvic said:

It really isn't. With the right build it's super easy. You can watch some of the videos I've posted and get an idea of what it's like. 

Well, two things.

First and foremost, Spelunky is a very different game. Even if you find an axe, shotgun or a lot of cash, there isn't as much in terms of RNG/item diversity. Not to mention Spelunky can be beat in five or so minutes, versus 20+ for Dead Cells. From there, even if that is a better system, it impacts sales. Like, Gungeon originally worked like Spelunky, in that you can build shortcuts and just start from the end, but saves was the most commonly requested feature and it's better to ruin the hardcore aspect to gain sales than to say no and decrease sales. 

Umm, I will try to see somthing, amybe will a lot of things unlocked will become more easy.

Edited by FlareZero

The game really isn’t a 2/10 nor 3/10. Even with an overpowered build it still takes skill. So far I’d say minimum 5/10 and I’m only on 1 cell so I’d imagine it’s only going to get worst. Maybe I’m wrong but I’ll let you guys know once I’m done. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NaseemJohn said:

The game really isn’t a 2/10 nor 3/10. Even with an overpowered build it still takes skill. So far I’d say minimum 5/10 and I’m only on 1 cell so I’d imagine it’s only going to get worst. Maybe I’m wrong but I’ll let you guys know once I’m done. 

This, yesterday I have reach the final boss with one cell, the run was ok thanks to a good brutality build, but before the final boss i got bad luck, the foutain was broken and with zero potion on hard, well, was a bit too much and I lost, so, for this game some  luck is necessary.

BTW, to reach the Graveyard where I need to go?

Edited by FlareZero

4 hours ago, FlareZero said:

This, yesterday I have reach the final boss with one cell, the run was ok thanks to a good brutality build, but before the final boss i got bad luck, the foutain was broken and with zero potion on hard, well, was a bit too much and I lost, so, for this game some  luck is necessary.

BTW, to reach the Graveyard where I need to go?

Graveyard is after Insufferable Crypt you need spider run 

• Like 1

On 05/08/2018 at 4:38 AM, Admiralvic said:

Well, don't let my super easy videos fool you. Even if it's possible to become broken at the end, you need to have enough skill to survive/last however many stages it takes to get the power needed to be unstoppable and that can be hard. I also probably had 60+ hours on the game by then and was playing under much harder conditions, forcing me to get creative/learn how to survive, all of which just went to make the later builds even more powerful. 

I will also say that the game is a lot of fun, especially if you play with a less broken build, though the final boss can be really rough. My review will likely explain this in length but the main idea is, with the right build he melts and the wrong build he is a tanky nightmare with absurd reach (just compare the Nothing Wrong video with the I Like to Live one). 

Hey, great videos. Do you have a rough text guide on what weapons and equipment I should work on, also where to spend my cells etc. Please?

2 hours ago, Gefro-On-Defro said:

Hey, great videos. Do you have a rough text guide on what weapons and equipment I should work on, also where to spend my cells etc. Please?

Here is the main guide you can check out/use. Outside of that, passive things like recycle/healing potions/gold on new cycles are all great choices. 

• Like 1

On 8/11/2018 at 2:00 PM, Admiralvic said:

Here is the main guide you can check out/use. Outside of that, passive things like recycle/healing potions/gold on new cycles are all great choices. 

Ok, I've unlocked a bunch of weapons. Is it worth me starting again and only unlocking what I need as in the above guide? Have had no luck getting the Heavy Turret blueprint to drop from the Slashers either.

Hi guys, ive been playing this on Switch, but bear PS4 trophies in mind

I know OP builds are inevitable over time, but any tricks for freshgame OP builds.

Its not designing a OP build that I struggle with, its the journey there that frustrates me. I do like this game, but the grind is slowly putting me off

36 minutes ago, optimusmart said:

I know OP builds are inevitable over time, but any tricks for freshgame OP builds.

Its not designing a OP build that I struggle with, its the journey there that frustrates me. I do like this game, but the grind is slowly putting me off

AFAIK, there isn't any fresh game OP builds, you need to unlock weapons and skills.

6 minutes ago, SecondGenesis said:

AFAIK, there isn't any fresh game OP builds, you need to unlock weapons and skills.

Damn, what about a optimum/easy route to begin with. I know better loot drops in later areas

I also found that early game, enemies above level 1 do tonnes of damage

For now, i've got this;

1. Start game, repeat first area few times, buy health potion and 3000 money bag.

2. Now restart with shield, sprint to first timed door, then kill elite archer easily with parries.

3. Continue sprinting on to level two exi

Havent got past that, but for know it seems optimum to kill enemies in level 1, and rush timed doors in other areas

Any extra advice or an extension on this from an experienced player?

Thanjs

1 hour ago, optimusmart said:

Damn, what about a optimum/easy route to begin with. I know better loot drops in later areas

I also found that early game, enemies above level 1 do tonnes of damage

For now, i've got this;

1. Start game, repeat first area few times, buy health potion and 3000 money bag.

2. Now restart with shield, sprint to first timed door, then kill elite archer easily with parries.

3. Continue sprinting on to level two exi

Havent got past that, but for know it seems optimum to kill enemies in level 1, and rush timed doors in other areas

Thanjs

I'm far from an experienced player, but check out Admiralvic's guide here

http://www.justpushstart.com/2018/08/dead-cells-boss-stem-difficulty-made-easy/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SecondGenesis said:

Ok, I've unlocked a bunch of weapons. Is it worth me starting again and only unlocking what I need as in the above guide? Have had no luck getting the Heavy Turret blueprint to drop from the Slashers either.

Depends how many items you have. If you got like 15 or more, likely, though if you don't and routinely see the same things, not really. To put it another way, when I did my runs with limited items I could destroy three ice grenades because I knew I'd see at least one more before the end. As far as getting Heavy Turret, just unlock the Hunter Grenade and use that to unlock it. To unlock that and not bloat your inventory, just buy passive skills (mutations/perks). 

2 hours ago, optimusmart said:

You can honestly, if I recall correctly, start off sort of OP and it just takes some luck to be truly OP. Ice grenade should be a starting skill, so all you really need is the higher tier turret, which is a rare drop, from the most common enemy in the game. With those two items I was able to get the hardest blueprint in the game (three boss cell moonflower)/beat boss stem one and two, all four bosses flawlessly and could've probably platinumed. Heavy turret helps, if only for the health, as does a couple other items, but realistically you could beat a lot of things with a decent melee/range, some kind of ice and a turret on a high damage build.

1 hour ago, optimusmart said:

It really depends on what you want to do and how much assistance you need. For instance, on higher difficulties you get enough cash for that to be irrelevant, paid doors can be broke for curse, which can then be used to heal you. The best use is often leveling gear or rolling for better perks, neither of which require massive sums to do (it eventually hits a point where it will cost a ton regardless of whether you start with 15,000 or 0). Potions also become pointless if you can just mitigate damage with curse and/or beat bosses flawlessly, so again, it comes down to what you need.

As far as progression goes, often times the best way is to get a strong weapon and go pure damage. Something like frantic sword at 50 percent health and double damage and/or elemental damage is extremely strong. That can change a hard encounter to something like a knife cutting butter. If you can quickly melt every enemy, you can gain a lot of cells outside of those zones. Higher difficulties also help a ton, assuming you can unlock them.

16 minutes ago, Admiralvic said:

Depends how many items you have. If you got like 15 or more, likely, though if you don't and routinely see the same things, not really. To put it another way, when I did my runs with limited items I could destroy three ice grenades because I knew I'd see at least one more before the end. As far as getting Heavy Turret, just unlock the Hunter Grenade and use that to unlock it. To unlock that and not bloat your inventory, just buy passive skills (mutations/perks). 

You can honestly, if I recall correctly, start off sort of OP and it just takes some luck to be truly OP. Ice grenade should be a starting skill, so all you really need is the higher tier turret, which is a rare drop, from the most common enemy in the game. With those two items I was able to get the hardest blueprint in the game (three boss cell moonflower)/beat boss stem one and two, all four bosses flawlessly and could've probably platinumed. Heavy turret helps, if only for the health, as does a couple other items, but realistically you could beat a lot of things with a decent melee/range, some kind of ice and a turret on a high damage build.

It really depends on what you want to do and how much assistance you need. For instance, on higher difficulties you get enough cash for that to be irrelevant, paid doors can be broke for curse, which can then be used to heal you. The best use is often leveling gear or rolling for better perks, neither of which require massive sums to do (it eventually hits a point where it will cost a ton regardless of whether you start with 15,000 or 0). Potions also become pointless if you can just mitigate damage with curse and/or beat bosses flawlessly, so again, it comes down to what you need.

As far as progression goes, often times the best way is to get a strong weapon and go pure damage. Something like frantic sword at 50 percent health and double damage and/or elemental damage is extremely strong. That can change a hard encounter to something like a knife cutting butter. If you can quickly melt every enemy, you can gain a lot of cells outside of those zones. Higher difficulties also help a ton, assuming you can unlock them.

Thanks mate, much appreciated. Yeah, I did use the Hunter Grenade, but ended up getting a different Blueprint from him haha

1 hour ago, Admiralvic said:

Thanks, I've been looking into ur build and thought ok, lets do that, but then I found out some of those items have 0.4% drop rates

To make it sound worse, I then found this: https://steamcommunity.com/app/588650/discussions/0/2217311444338096980/ I actually agree with the guy, ive spent with enough RNG in games to know hes not far off

But say I was to get the Ice Bow, can I buy the random starter ranged weapon unlock, then just keep restarting until it appears at the start?

I will keep an eye for ur gear, but I dont want to focus too much on it due to the 0.4% drop rates

Is there a build u would suggest if I opted to go for the fixed 100% drops or the fixed blueprints u find??? I will go for ur build, just want to head for something guaranteed along the way just in case

I think it seems best to go for Runes first. Always clear prison, but rush other areas

Thanks

1 hour ago, Admiralvic said:

Edited by optimusmart