Looks like a nice, tough list

SadisticSymphony

4 hours ago, optimusmart said:

But say I was to get the Ice Bow, can I buy the random starter ranged weapon unlock, then just keep restarting until it appears at the start?

Yeah, that's what I do until I get either the Ice Bow or Ice Blast. Anyway, a few runs ago I got a Legendary Ice Bow from The Concierge and also had a Legendary melee weapon as well as two good turrets but lost the run when I got greedy and opened a cursed chest only to be killed by a swinging spiked ball I failed to notice.

17 minutes ago, Killbomb said:

Yeah, that's what I do until I get either the Ice Bow or Ice Blast. Anyway, a few runs ago I got a Legendary Ice Bow from The Concierge and also had a Legendary melee weapon as well as two good turrets but lost the run when I got greedy and opened a cursed chest only to be killed by a swinging spiked ball I failed to notice.

Save scum when you’re on a nice run 

On 5/8/2018 at 1:39 AM, Admiralvic said:

The idea behind being OP is simply going for power over survival, which eventually leads to absurd stats and a massive reduction in difficulty.

Huh, it's the same concept I have for Rogue Legacy. If enemies die faster, there is less to avoid, which means there are less chances to get hit.

I guess I'll go for the same philosophy when I play this.

1 hour ago, Gefro-On-Defro said:

Any advice on challenge rifts? I haven’t seen one yet after about 20 or so hours of play. Thanks

Keep an eye out for Rune markings on the walls and ground. Some you can break through with normal attacks or the Ram Rune and others open a challenge rift. They are pretty rare though.

Edited by Killbomb
  • Like 1

F**k this game,far too grindy

I tried following ur tips @Admiralvic but the grind there is just too much for my liking

I tried going for Hunter Grenade and keep the loot table small like u advised, but u cant keep the loot table small if u want the grenade as needs 20 unlocks. And God knows how many cells to then buy it

Sure, there are perhaps ways to work around it a little bit but u still have to grind for cells

Im slowly making progress, killed first 2 bosses on first tries with starter gear but the grind is to real. Dont help that there is minor discrepancies on the info out thete, including the wiki

This game is Live.Die.Grind

I still enjoy the game, dont get me wrong, just a grind

If a efficient early to endgame route pips up, I may jump back in. But personally, when I have other games to play, I have little interest on working it out myself

Sorry Dead Cells character, I did try to freee you

13 minutes ago, optimusmart said:

F**k this game,far too grindy

I tried following ur tips @Admiralvic but the grind there is just too much for my liking

I tried going for Hunter Grenade and keep the loot table small like u advised, but u cant keep the loot table small if u want the grenade as needs 20 unlocks. And God knows how many cells to then buy it

Sure, there are perhaps ways to work around it a little bit but u still have to grind for cells

Im slowly making progress, killed first 2 bosses on first tries with starter gear but the grind is to real. Dont help that there is minor discrepancies on the info out thete, including the wiki

This game is Live.Die.Grind

I still enjoy the game, dont get me wrong, just a grind

If a efficient early to endgame route pips up, I may jump back in. But personally, when I have other games to play, I have little interest on working it out myself

Sorry Dead Cells character, I did try to freee you

Sadly, if you go the long way and focus on passive unlocks (mutations, more gold when you die, random shield at the start, more potions, etc), you can easily unlock Hunter Grenade without really unlocking any skills. In fact, you can unlock it with zero unlocked weapons. That being said, with enough skill you can out do the need to really unlock things. All you need to do is go high damage, find weapons that work for you with the small pool and just progress forward. 

While I know for a fact you can platinum with around 100 cells spent, a more realistic sum is 400 and runs average about 200, meaning you could theoretically platinum this game, ignoring the 100 elite trophy, in 10 or so runs. 

Edited by Admiralvic

32 minutes ago, Admiralvic said:

Sadly, if you go the long way and focus on passive unlocks (mutations, more gold when you die, random shield at the start, more potions, etc), you can easily unlock Hunter Grenade without really unlocking any skills. In fact, you can unlock it with zero unlocked weapons.

I implied this, hence the quote from my last post;

"Sure, there are perhaps ways to work around it a little bit but u still have to grind for cells"

Like I said, the grind is still real. It still involves grinding the game, a lot! I tried going for mutation drops, and melee drops as ur build doesnt use melee, but the info out there is out of date, some of it anyway, which put me off even.looking things up because I know theres a chance the info.is.wrong

take the Absorption mutation for example, apparently its a 100% drop rate, but its not. Maybe there are other factors surrounding.it but.none are.listes, just says 100%. So either hasnt been.updates since last update, or.console have some variations

32 minutes ago, Admiralvic said:

In fact, you can unlock it with zero unlocked weapons. That being said, with enough skill you can out do the need to really unlock things. All you need to do is go high damage, find weapons that work for you with the small pool and just progress forward. 

While I know for a fact you can platinum with around 100 cells spent, a more realistic sum is 400 and runs average about 200, meaning you could theoretically platinum this game, ignoring the 100 elite trophy, in 10 or so runs. 

Of course, I didnt deny this at all, I know the game can.be speedran in just over 10mins with good.luck and.skill

Problem with all this is that it doesnt help me or new players at all because we dont have skill.

Its a fun.grind dont get me wrong, but u cant deny that from the first time u.pick the game up, its a massive grind.

Me and grinding just dont mix, I can usually withstand it for a few hrs

EDIT;

U have done a great job with the.endgame build Admiral, is there any chance ur considering at a guide for a early-endgame route/guide with grinding kept to a minimum?

EDIT 2:

Theres a trophy for 100 elites, didnt even know, definitely f**k this grind. What a grindfest

Edited by optimusmart

20 minutes ago, optimusmart said:

Like I said, the grind is still real. It still involves grinding the game, a lot! I tried going for mutation drops, and melee drops as ur build doesnt use melee, but the info out there is out of date, some of it anyway which put me off even.looking things up

The absolute minimum is hardly worth complaining about. You can change things and use a melee build if you want. I actually did my flawless Hand run with mostly a melee weapon. All you need is something like Frantic Sword, followed by dropping your health to < 50 percent and getting some things like + 100 percent damage. 

haH2D6G.jpg

Use that with, say, ice grenade and you can melt a lot of things. You can also further this by getting one of the terrible starting turrets, roll it until you get poison or burn damage and then use the increased damage when the enemy is inflicted perks to further increase your damage output. Though, even without a lot of luck, you should hit the damage cap without any of these things if you have something like 20+ in a single stat. 

20 minutes ago, optimusmart said:

but u cant deny that from the first time u.pick the game up, its a massive grind.

Eh, it really depends on how you view games. I mean, you can pick up anything and realize it's a massive grind. Earthfall has killing countless enemies, Next Up Hero has the 500 community stage trophy, Gungeon has so many things, and even something like Guacamelee! 2 requires a second play through, which I find to be a worse grind, but I digress. 

U have done a great job with the.endgame build Admiral, is there any chance ur considering at a guide for a early-endgame route/guide with grinding kept to a minimum?

Afraid not. Things like this can be very frustrating for me, since any time I take on a massive project it's almost always more work than it's worth. I've noticed every time I upload videos en mass that I lose subscribers on YouTube (I lost like 40 from Dead Cells) and the articles don't do well enough to really focus on them. In addition to that, I stand by it being really straightforward.

I mean, I won't get into everything I know but so many things can be resolved by simply sticking to the easiest paths and keeping to the best weapons/items. With a pure power build you should be able to, even with a melee weapon, steamroll everything and if you don't take damage, you never need to worry about healing, health and countless other things. From there, if you can beat the game twice, you get twice as many cells, with nightmare yielding triple, so just beating it fast and then grinding could turn 10 hours into five or three and some change. Outside of this, I also have other projects. I plan on doing some stuff for Guacamelee! 2 and have Yakuza Kiwami 2 and Dragon Quest XI laying around. 

Edited by Admiralvic

19 minutes ago, Admiralvic said:

The absolute minimum is hardly worth complaining about. You can change things and use a melee build if you want. I actually did my flawless Hand run with mostly a melee weapon. All you need is something like Frantic Sword, followed by dropping your health to < 50 percent and getting some things like + 100 percent damage. 

haH2D6G.jpg

Use that with, say, ice grenade and you can melt a lot of things. You can also further this by getting one of the terrible starting turrets, roll it until you get poison or burn damage and then use the increased damage when the enemy is inflicted perks to further increase your damage output. Though, even without a lot of luck, you should hit the damage cap without any of these things if you have something like 20+ in a single stat. 

Eh, it really depends on how you view games. I mean, you can pick up anything and realize it's a massive grind. Earthfall has killing countless enemies, Next Up Hero has the 500 community stage trophy, Gungeon has so many things, and even something like Guacamelee! 2 requires a second play through, which I find to be a worse grind, but I digress. 

Afraid not. Things like this can be very frustrating for me, since any time I take on a massive project it's almost always more work than it's worth. I've noticed every time I upload videos en mass that I lose subscribers on YouTube (I lost like 40 from Dead Cells) and the articles don't do well enough to really focus on them. In addition to that, I stand by it being really straightforward.

I mean, I won't get into everything I know but so many things can be resolved by simply sticking to the easiest paths and keeping to the best weapons/items. With a pure power build you should be able to, even with a melee weapon, steamroll everything and if you don't take damage, you never need to worry about healing, health and countless other things. From there, if you can beat the game twice, you get twice as many cells, with nightmare yielding triple, so just beating it fast and then grinding could turn 10 hours into five or three and some change. Outside of this, I also have other projects. I plan on doing some stuff for Guacamelee! 2 and have Yakuza Kiwami 2 and Dragon Quest XI laying around. 

Im not bothered about the difficulty, its the grind, the game is live.die.grind

It is just preference, u obvioisly dont mind this grind, I mean it is still fun after all. Whereas I would pick a 2 playthroughs of Guacamelee over 2000 playthroughs of Dead Cells anyday! I know one is much shorter, but the point is the repitition to me

It doesnt help that im not keen on roguelike games either. I got Dead Cells due to Vania likeness but guess its more rogulike than I thought

Its a shame because such a guide could potentially pull me bk in. Ur current guide is great, im just not willing to grind to get there

I have stuff planned to m8 which is perhaps a bog reason y I wont stick around grinding ;). Good luck with Guacamelee 2, I really want that, but I know if I do, it will halt progress on my other projects

Another reason why its hard to get in2 the Dead Cells grind, is because I have Hollow Knight sat beside it ;)

Hey guys ?

Just wondering if anyone has any quick ways of boosting elite enemies?

I thought maybe just using the hunter grenade but I feel that will still take awhile is there any other way quicker?

Thanks ?

Edited by Woodzy_5

On 14/8/2018 at 7:11 AM, optimusmart said:

Im not bothered about the difficulty, its the grind, the game is live.die.grind

No its not If you save scumming you only need dozen of runs for platinium.

It's stupid losing time trying to mimic a build you see on youtube there a lot of useful weapons

40 minutes ago, JhOnNY_HD said:

I already agreed with Admiral this, but for a noob, a dozen runs is very unrealistic, cmon. But if I am wrong and I could turn the game on and.platinum the game within a dozen runs with little skil, then please tell me how

And save scumming = grinding as well

40 minutes ago, JhOnNY_HD said:

It's stupid losing time trying to mimic a build you see on youtube there a lot of useful weapons

If u think its stupid choosing to follow a guide, I believe u are on the wrong site my my friend

I agree about there being lots of useful weapons, I.dont think I ever stated there wasnt

To be honest, it was a bit stupid off me buying.the game in the first place. But, as I have said, its a enjoyable grind, I just have other games to work on which I would rather do than grind

Edited by optimusmart

4 hours ago, JhOnNY_HD said:

While true, depending on your skill, it can still be quite the investment.

3 hours ago, optimusmart said:

I already agreed with Admiral this, but for a noob, a dozen runs is very unrealistic, cmon. But if I am wrong and I could turn the game on and.platinum the game within a dozen runs with little skil, then please tell me how

I'm telling you, ice and turrets makes this game a joke.

3 hours ago, optimusmart said:

If u think its stupid choosing to follow a guide, I believe u are on the wrong site my my friend

I believe their point isn't following a guide is stupid, but rather, there are tons of great options besides just turrets and ice. Like, I thought the flight item was worthless, where as another used it to avoid some damage against the final boss. Corrupted power doesn't have much use, though it can help you burn a boss if used at the right time. 

15 minutes ago, Admiralvic said:

m telling you, ice and turrets makes this game a joke.

I agree with u bud, personally, im just not prepared to savescum/grind while developing skill to get there, jus got.better things to do. 

We cant all like the same games ;)

15 minutes ago, Admiralvic said:

I believe their point isn't following a guide is stupid, but rather, there are tons of great options besides just turrets and ice. Like, I thought the flight item was worthless, where as another used it to avoid some damage against the final boss. Corrupted power doesn't have much use, though it can help you burn a boss if used at the right time. 

I have tried many options, its just not for me guys, sorry if that offends u, but the game beat me, im weak ;(

Edited by optimusmart

6 hours ago, optimusmart said:

Leaving from menu savestats the progress.

Combine with hiting PS button and restart make difficult a joke.

For example fighting a boss I take a big cut of life? exit game and resume from there I recieved a hit? close aplication and try again from this point.

Abusing this method you make progress super easy.

Edited by JhOnNY_HD

38 minutes ago, JhOnNY_HD said:

Leaving from menu savestats the progress.

Combine with hiting PS button and restart make difficult a joke.

For example fighting a boss I take a big cut of life? exit game and resume from there I recieved a hit? close aplication and try again from this point.

Abusing this method you make progress super easy.

Ive got a lot of patience, but.not.for that, Id be savescumming every 2mins, especially when I start running.through with Stem Cells, the standard model bs would destroy me, yes im that bad ;)

And.dont.get.me.started on.savescumming 100 elites, id go.nuts :)

The savescumming.is a.very.good tip and does make it easier, but it just doesnt eliminate the grind as much as its made out. I would definitely use it for no.damage if I ever get back in

Edited by optimusmart

1 hour ago, optimusmart said:

Ive got a lot of patience, but.not.for that, Id be savescumming every 2mins, especially when I start running.through with Stem Cells, the standard model bs would destroy me, yes im that bad ;)

And.dont.get.me.started on.savescumming 100 elites, id go.nuts :)

The savescumming.is a.very.good tip and does make it easier, but it just doesnt eliminate the grind as much as its made out. I would definitely use it for no.damage if I ever get back in

Maybe I don't explain very well sorry.

You don't need to backup anything.

If you die and quick press PS button/close aplication you don't lose the progress you know right?

Combine this with the fact every time you exit the game saves the exact moment.

And the fast load times helps a LOT.

• Like 1