Looks like a nice, tough list

SadisticSymphony

24 minutes ago, JhOnNY_HD said:

Maybe I don't explain very well sorry.

You don't need to backup anything.

If you die and quick press PS button/close aplication you don't lose the progress you know right?

Combine this with the fact every time you exit the game saves the exact moment.

And the fast load times helps a LOT.

U explained fine buddy, I knew exactly what u.meant

Ive got better games to.play

On 16/08/2018 at 4:44 AM, JhOnNY_HD said:

And the fast load times helps a LOT.

Totally.

Even with exiting out and save scumming, I'm back in the game in under a minute.

Can anyone recommend what the best method is for Scroll power ups? Do you just rush through the level and grab what you can and make it to the next timed door? I've seen people at the Clock Tower with 23 Tactics, max I can get is 14.

I guess it can come down to luck also? I don't believe there are a set number of Scrolls per biome.

Edited by SecondGenesis
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SecondGenesis said:

Totally.

Even with exiting out and save scumming, I'm back in the game in under a minute.

Can anyone recommend what the best method is for Scroll power ups? Do you just rush through the level and grab what you can and make it to the next timed door? I've seen people at the Clock Tower with 23 Tactics, max I can get is 14.

I guess it can come down to luck also? I don't believe there are a set number of Scrolls per biome.

I tend to explore everywhere, which includes the boss stem doors. With those and opening cursed chests (they always give one) you can start to get 20+.

12 hours ago, SecondGenesis said:

Totally.

Aiming for timed doors in only useful for blueprints.

It's better to explore everything for a decent run

On 08/08/2018 at 3:07 AM, Admiralvic said:

It really isn't. With the right build it's super easy. You can watch some of the videos I've posted and get an idea of what it's like. 

Well, two things.

First and foremost, Spelunky is a very different game. Even if you find an axe, shotgun or a lot of cash, there isn't as much in terms of RNG/item diversity. Not to mention Spelunky can be beat in five or so minutes, versus 20+ for Dead Cells. From there, even if that is a better system, it impacts sales. Like, Gungeon originally worked like Spelunky, in that you can build shortcuts and just start from the end, but saves was the most commonly requested feature and it's better to ruin the hardcore aspect to gain sales than to say no and decrease sales. 

Hes not comparing Spelunky to Dead Cells. Obviously they are completely different games. Hes meerly just dismissing the use of back up saves.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KaKrackle said:

Hes not comparing Spelunky to Dead Cells. Obviously they are completely different games. Hes meerly just dismissing the use of back up saves.

Yeah, I got that. My whole point isn't about why Dead Cells and Spelunky are different games, it's that sometimes you make choices that make the community happy. This is why I brought up Enter the Gungeon. It plays like Dead Cells, but had a progression system like Spelunky and the number one requested feature was the ability to save between levels. Similar things can also be seen with Prison of Elders and Destiny. They wanted to make the community happy, something that is likely also true for Dead Cells, so instead of picking something that arguably works better for the concept, they went with it. 

• Like 1

....aaaand platinum done! Whew! That was tough. Not sure where to put it on my list of HC platformers though.

If you get the right weapons, right gear (at least 1 Colorless sword & Wolf Trap + Crossb-o-matic), enough Scrolls it's kinda easy even on the worse difficulties. Otherwise, it's hell and you can't kill anything.

Here's my ultimate build which I got just after finishing Nightmare difficulty and while finding Challenge rift for the last trophy & keeping bow from the beginning. Easy stun lock with Wolf Trap & easy burst with Crossbo-o-matic. Just wish I could keep this forever.

73976448ac8f29fbd3041e209b87d944b166fb0d

Edited by Lowlliet
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Lowlliet said:

....aaaand platinum done! Whew! That was tough. Not sure where to put it on my list of HC platformers though.

If you get the right weapons, right gear (at least 1 Colorless sword & Wolf Trap + Crossb-o-matic), enough Scrolls it's kinda easy even on the worse difficulties. Otherwise, it's hell and you can't kill anything.

Here's my ultimate build which I got just after finishing Nightmare difficulty and while finding Challenge rift for the last trophy & keeping bow from the beginning. Easy stun lock with Wolf Trap & easy burst with Crossbo-o-matic. Just wish I could keep this forever.

73976448ac8f29fbd3041e209b87d944b166fb0d

Well done, I like playing with double crossb-o-matic x2, Ice Bow and any decent sword. How did you manage the no damage on final boss? That trophy worries me the most

4 hours ago, ZankaiPowaa said:

Which route do you guys find is the most doable on higher difficulties & gets you the most scrolls?

I wouldn't worry about scrolls as much as staying alive. The best will always be Sewer, Ramparts, Stilt Town, Clock Tower and the reason for that is pretty simple. 

Prom has those teleporting ninja enemies, which can be annoying to kill and easy to take damage to. If you don't go Ramparts you'll fight conj and he is a significantly worse boss. Stilt has a lot of easy to kill enemies, with Graveyard not being an option. And if you don't go Clock Tower you need to deal with the poison stuff. 

Even if one of these paths give twice as many scrolls, the effort and damage you'll likely take is not worth it. 

11 hours ago, Gefro-On-Defro said:

Well done, I like playing with double crossb-o-matic x2, Ice Bow and any decent sword. How did you manage the no damage on final boss? That trophy worries me the most

Hours of practice but It’s a little bit easier with Wolf Trap & Efficiency mutation then you can spam it and keep him immobilized. You can keep stabbing him in the back and he won’t do anything. 

8 hours ago, ZankaiPowaa said:

Which route do you guys find is the most doable on higher difficulties & gets you the most scrolls?

I always went with Toxic Sewers - Ramparts - Black Bridge - Stilt Village - Clock Tower - Clock Room - High Peak Castle - Throne Room. 

Of course I took every Timed Door & Cursed Treasure. And also searched for enemies with a Star which drop Scrolls too. Always ended up with 22-24 Tactics that way. 

Edited by Lowlliet
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Lowlliet said:

Hours of practice but It’s a little bit easier with Wolf Trap & Efficiency mutation then you can spam it and keep him immobilized. You can keep stabbing him in the back and he won’t do anything. 

I always went with Toxic Sewers - Ramparts - Black Bridge - Stilt Village - Clock Tower - Clock Room - High Peak Castle - Throne Room. 

Of course I took every Timed Door & Cursed Treasure. And also searched for enemies with a Star which drop Scrolls too. Always ended up with 22-24 Tactics that way. 

11 hours ago, Admiralvic said:

I wouldn't worry about scrolls as much as staying alive. The best will always be Sewer, Ramparts, Stilt Town, Clock Tower and the reason for that is pretty simple. 

Prom has those teleporting ninja enemies, which can be annoying to kill and easy to take damage to. If you don't go Ramparts you'll fight conj and he is a significantly worse boss. Stilt has a lot of easy to kill enemies, with Graveyard not being an option. And if you don't go Clock Tower you need to deal with the poison stuff. 

Even if one of these paths give twice as many scrolls, the effort and damage you'll likely take is not worth it. 

Thanks, taking this route now and doing pretty well, on the 3 cell run right now. The advice about the mutation that heals with curse really helped, thanks for that! I've also found that having a 1% heal on hit weapon is really great to have. Final boss still takes quite a few tries though, but doable. The Wolf Trap strategy sounds interesting, I'll try that!

• Like 1

Hey quick question lol, does the actual beating of the game mean starting over 100% on a save (with regards to endgame specifics like starter sword or cursed sword) or can I die and haul ass to the end to get the trophies with all my permanent stuff still on me. Or is it a 1 run play?

8 minutes ago, RoxasOnFire said:

Hey quick question lol, does the actual beating of the game mean starting over 100% on a save (with regards to endgame specifics like starter sword or cursed sword) or can I die and haul ass to the end to get the trophies with all my permanent stuff still on me. Or is it a 1 run play?

You just need said item by the time you kill The Hand. This means you can technically cheese the Curse Sword but you can't cheese the starting weapon.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RoxasOnFire said:

Yep. You can get the blueprint for Cursed Sword then get to Throne Room, unlock the sword from the Collector & he will drop it for you, take it and kill the boss. 

For the second one, you can just keep the beginner bow from the beginning as I did on my last run while changing everything else (picture above).

• Like 1

The starter weapons are hidden in the walls under the bridge right at the beginning of the game in case you unlocked the random starter sword, bow or shield perks. Did a run with the Rusty Sword since I rarely use melee and it wasn't that bad. Backed up my save right before Hand of the King and got him in a few tries.

Edited by Killbomb
  • Like 2

@Admiralvic yeah I read that, that's my plan if I can stop screwing around . I was just wondering if I need to actually start a new game as opposed to dying and having the time reset 

1 minute ago, Killbomb said:

The starter weapons are hidden in the walls under the bridge right at the beginning of the game in case you unlock the random starter sword, bow or shield perks. Did a run with the starter sword since I rarely use melee and it wasn't that bad. Backed up my save right before Hand of the King and got him in a few tries.

Do randomized starter gears count? Or do I need to keep them at base stats? Like not use the souls to unlock them?

2 minutes ago, RoxasOnFire said:

Do randomized starter gears count? Or do I need to keep them at base stats? Like not use the souls to unlock them?

No, it has to be the Rusty Sword, Beginner's Bow or Old Wooden Shield.

Edited by Killbomb
  • Like 1