Why was my IP blocked?

I know why my IP was blocked. It said I updated to many profiles and because of that my IP was "temporarily blocked". The reason for the title is because I don't understand why my IP would get blocked for updating to many profiles. It was just something I liked to do for fun and I don't see how that would lead to any ill effects. Also apparently that temporary block also counts my own profile and lasts for over a month to. So I don't understand why my actions deserve such a severe punishment when I don't even see why they would deserve punishment at all.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Spyro said:

Contact the site admin if you’re worried.

Yea I contacted him on forums 15 hours ago and never got anything. And he was online multiple times in that entire time period. I was hoping someone from the guide team or a mod would have replied and told me what's going on but obviously that never happened. I'll have to try talking to someone in the chat I guess.

22 hours ago, GTA_Darren said:

Few months ago I ran into the same issue, and I updated less than 5 times that day. The block last for 1-2 weeks. I need to update my profile by using phone or when I am in my office.

Yea I checked the date to make sure when this started and I found out that it hasn't been a month yet but almost 3 weeks. So the time it has taken to go away has been over the time it took for you.

1 minute ago, VelikyNovgorod4 said:

I said that in the beginning that I do. I like to update others for fun it's a weird thing to do but I don't see why I deserve being blocked.

I see. Theres a limit how much you can update as not a premium member. The auto mechanism will ip block you I remember reading somewhere. Probably thought you were a bot trying to spam the server causing congestion. Probably try to pm a mod directly.

1 minute ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

I see. Theres a limit how much you can update as not a premium member. The auto mechanism will ip block you I remember reading somewhere. Probably thought you were a bot trying to spam the server causing congestion. Probably try to pm a mod directly.

I tried to message Sly himself and I never got anything back i'll try a mod though.

15 minutes ago, VelikyNovgorod4 said:

I like to update others for fun it's a weird thing to do

Well, maybe you should stop =D

Someone you update may not want to be updated...

9 minutes ago, VelikyNovgorod4 said:

I tried to message Sly himself and I never got anything back i'll try a mod though.

Sly is usually busy to check everything.

1 minute ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Well, maybe you should stop =D

Someone you update may not want to be updated...

Sly is usually busy to check everything.

I expected someone to say the former and all I have to say to that is if someone didn't want to be updated then they would make their profiles private. In fact I found a few profiles that appeared public but were actually private however they never got updated so it remained public.

Let me guess. Do you have russian ip and your USA account was blocked? And did you try to make telephone call to support or at least to send them email message.

My mistake. I thought Sony blocked your PSN account

Edited by IoIly
  • Like 1

Just now, IoIly said:

Let me guess. Do you have russian ip and your USA account was blocked? And did you try to make telephone call to support or at least to send them email message

Surprisingly i'm not Russian I just have an appreciation of the Republic that was once governing the city of Novgorod.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VelikyNovgorod4 said:

Yes I did but I don't think it would have mattered since its my IP that's blocked and not my account

Yes I understand but then I find it weird that the site does not do some sort of rate limiting instead of an outright IP ban when you go over a certain undisclosed limit.

15 minutes ago, brianna14 said:

I've gotten this same error as well. It's been close to a week although I'm able to still update my profile and it seems to let me update certain people I look at, but others, it won't even let me on their profile at all. Just takes me back to the homepage.

Do you get the exact same error? Because if your IP had been banned I could not imagine you being allowed to update certain profiles and not other ones. When you try to update a certain profile and it takes you to the homepage it could also be a case of a deleted profile I think.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb

1 minute ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

Yes I understand but then I find it weird that the site does not do some sort of rate limiting instead of an outright IP ban when you go over a certain undisclosed limit.

Do you get the exact same error? Because if your IP had been banned I could not imagine certain profiles being allowqed t update and others not. When you try to update a certain profile and it takes you to the homepage it could also be a case of a deleted profile I think.

The site could have done that stupid prove you aren't a bot thing were for example you gotta find all the pictures with cars in em. That would make more sense then an outright IP block.

I would recommend going into chat and sending Sly a message through there by clicking on his name, because it may take him several days to check his forum inbox otherwise

Other staff members like me are not able to unban IPs :( 

Edited by BlindMango