A new level of toxicity.

JohnCenaSong-

So I started playing this earlier today, and I have plenty of complaints already on the game itself such as a few sloppy mechanics and most importantly, basically, no content.

The PvP is alright though only the 1v1 mode actually nets any players.

My main issue thus far had been toxicity to the extreme. Constant taunting upon wins even if the match was a very close (I've lost when the dudes been 1 hit from death, that kind of close), meanwhile if I win suddenly 'you cheated'. Had a guy complain I used abilities when he actually used an ability long before I did...  Though believe it or not he actually appologised when I called him out on it. Meanwhile in the world there's people who'll basically never fight unless it's an AFK or someone busy fighting a marked target, then they try to jump them on low health for an easy kill.

I've actually started baiting some of those desperate guys by pretending to be AFK somewhere, watching them, then dodging their first punch and unleashing hell on them! Even managed to survive a 2v1 and of course they started sending me messages...

I play Rainbow Six Siege and I've also played Call of Duty in the past (MW2/BO era). Both games with reputations for toxicity and whatnot and, honestly, in all my time playing those games I haven't encountered the level of toxicity that I've seen just today alone!

I was expecting a Souls-Borne type PvP/Community but it's most definitely nothing like it sadly.

To talk trophies a bit since this is a trophy website and thats what you guys prefer for conversation, I wouldn't recommend this on a trophy perspective as you need to do plenty in PvP and the rest of the game has random players all around, this means spending a lot of hours surrounded by toxicity.

Pro-tip: For the love of god try not to reply to them if you do play this, do not get sucked into their toxic world.

• Like 1

lol I feel for you man but I've not had any of these problems.  And I did almost all of my pvp leveling in 3v3 so maybe you are searching at off times?  The only thing I've really seen is the taunting after kills, but if that bothers you then I'm not sure how you handle any pvp in any game.  As for the sad sacks that can only take you on while afk or trying to learn moves on npcs, you can avoid all that by going to social in the shrine menu and set the world to invite only, then its just you and the npcs for your farming pleasure

Been playing this for weeks and haven't got a single grievance. Even had a player sending me messages with tips. Couldn't care less about the taunts, frankly it comes with the territory -- not to mention they are super mild in this game. I'm past level 50 on Combat Trials and farming levels for level 100.

Edited by fabmorais_2011
  • Like 2

Meh, anyone that is better than another person is always classed as a cheater, when in reality they are just bitter that you are more skilled than them.

These days I tend to avoid multiplayer gaming and if I really must play online against steangers I mute my mic.

I deal with too much shit in real life everyday, I sure don't need it when I'm trying to escape it all

Edited by zer007uk
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

Pro-tip: For the love of god try not to reply to them if you do play this, do not get sucked into their toxic world.

Wisest advice ever for pretty much any online game.

Edited by tnaires
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, JiII-Valentine-- said:

What's wrong with taunting? How is that toxic?

10 hours ago, DerelictSoul said:

The only thing I've really seen is the taunting after kills, but if that bothers you then I'm not sure how you handle any pvp in any game.  

It's all about context. Like I said in my original post I've played some stereotypically toxic FPS games before and obviously teabagging is the taunt of choice there. Teabagging is no big deal, especially when used 'correctly' (when you're dominating someone, still a bit toxic but it makes sense) but when you're either the one dominating them or there was a very close conflict teabagging someone instead of a 'GG' is just a type of toxic bad winner. Is it annoying? Not much, mild annoyance, but it's still toxic? Yes. It's just one of many factors in the games toxicity, especially since in Souls-Borne a GG is usually how PvP ends, yet here it's just taunt after taunt. Just because something is only a mild annoyance doesn't stop it from being something that makes the opponent a toxic individual.

10 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

PVP in all MP games is toxic. 

Every game has its bad eggs, just felt like this one was every player I've met so far. Granted I've only had one play session so maybe I had terrible matchmaking luck.

4 hours ago, zer007uk said:

Meh, anyone that is better than another person is always classed as a cheater, when in reality they are just bitter that you are more skilled than them.

Honestly I'm probably not even more skilled than those calling me a cheat either, probably just lucky. I've only just started the game and most these people crying 'cheater' are high levels. They've got far more experience so they should be better than me.

3 hours ago, tnaires said:

Wisest advice ever for pretty much any online game.

Sometimes it's hard, but it definitely leads to a happier gaming experience.

12 hours ago, zer007uk said:

These days I tend to avoid multiplayer gaming and if I really must play online against steangers I mute my mic.

Yup I learned long ago to avoid all the screaming 12 year olds, peoples terrible music, or just their general living room noise by creating my own solitary psn party with its audio prioritized xD

• Like 3

Yeah when I saw this game had open world pvp I knew there be people ganking. Had enough of that shit back in the WoW days. 

Toxicity is to be expected especially in a game that's free right now where every living soul who has Plus can download this game. 

And lol ignoring can be great if you can spot a heated argument incoming but yea I know how you feel about wanting to respond to a message. I've actually made truce multiple times by responding but I've used my judgement before to know that a guy most likely won't change. 

This other day I was playing an unranked match in Tekken 7 versus some god tier guy who was 10 ranks or more above me. He wooped my ass multiple times but I made it a mission to beat him at least once before I go and find another opponent so I kept rematching. I did eventually beat him after figuring out a few things about his playstyle and I called it a day right after because damn it was exhausting. He was extreeeemely pissed about quitting as soon as I won and lol I just immediately blocked him before all hell went loose. 

I think it was one of those times where you beat a guy at his one and only game that he plays daily or something xD

Edited by PooPooBlast
  • Like 4

On 7-8-2018 at 2:31 AM, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Yeah when I saw this game had open world pvp I knew there be people ganking. Had enough of that shit back in the WoW days. 

you mean asshole rogues like me who were overgeared and spawncamped people in vanilla and spammed /train etc on them? Yeah I was a bitch :awesome:

• Like 1

On 8/6/2018 at 3:26 AM, JohnCenaSong- said:

I've actually started baiting

I stopped caring what you thought was toxic after you outright admitted that if the system is gonna abuse you, you'll gladly abuse the system. You had your ass kicked a few times in the game, get good, literally one of the trophies requires you to be a master at the game. I don't know how the guy communicated anything to you in-game as my friends and I can't even team chat in-game, we have to use the PSN Party system. No one's cheating. They're just good at the game.

On 8/8/2018 at 0:50 AM, Deluziion90 said:

you mean asshole rogues like me who were overgeared and spawncamped people in vanilla and spammed /train etc on them? Yeah I was a bitch :awesome:

It worked really well in ironforge as a rogue due to the grates you could drop down into. Especially wearing full bonescythe with thunderfury :awesome:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Cynicaljam96 said:

I stopped caring what you thought was toxic after you outright admitted that if the system is gonna abuse you, you'll gladly abuse the system. You had your ass kicked a few times in the game, get good, literally one of the trophies requires you to be a master at the game. I don't know how the guy communicated anything to you in-game as my friends and I can't even team chat in-game, we have to use the PSN Party system. No one's cheating. They're just good at the game.

How is that abusing this system? Enlighten me? If a player is desperate and wants to attack AFK players to get kills what's exactly abusive about pretending to be AFK to lure out those desperate noobs and then give them a genuine fair fight? Sorry for not letting them have a freebie...? Maybe if they got good instead of trying to attack AFKs they might actually stand a chance in a fair fight.

I almost feel like the rest of your comment also implies you didn't read the thread properly as nothing you mention seems to relate to anything anyone has said here so I'm not sure who the rest of your comment is aimed at.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

How is that abusing this system? Enlighten me? If a player is desperate and wants to attack AFK players to get kills what's exactly abusive about pretending to be AFK to lure out those desperate noobs and then give them a genuine fair fight? Sorry for not letting them have a freebie...? Maybe if they got good instead of trying to attack AFKs they might actually stand a chance in a fair fight.

I almost feel like the rest of your comment also implies you didn't read the thread properly as nothing you mention seems to relate to anything anyone has said here so I'm not sure who the rest of your comment is aimed at.

Now you're just guessing with the last comment, I read it; but sorry I didn't absolutely critique your entire post, precious. I focused on the contradicting points, you don't get to complain of toxicity when you joined in on it by playing dead just to lure out players so you can one-up them. You're as bad as what you're complaining about.

1 minute ago, Cynicaljam96 said:

Now you're just guessing with the last comment, I read it; but sorry I didn't absolutely critique your entire post, precious. I focused on the contradicting points, you don't get to complain of toxicity when you joined in on it by playing dead just to lure out players so you can one-up them. You're as bad as what you're complaining about.

I'm not sure why you're feeling the need to be snappy and aggressive? Is there something about this topic that's upset you? You seem to have had quite a negative tone from the get-go.

And yes, people have every right to complain about toxicity when they're trying to enjoy their free time gaming only to be getting angry messages accusing them of being a cheater or people using taunts constantly. Some of us have more important things to worry about in life without some young kid using their perceived online anonymity to be an asshole over a game.

Baiting some sad AFK killer is hardly even comparable to being an AFK killer, that's just playing the game as intended, having a fair PvP fight when someone initiates it. It's hardly 'one-upping' someone when they're landing the first hit, if they can't handle a fight then they shouldn't attack people, if someone's hands are on the controller, they're going to fight back, that's the game.

• Like 1

Never been a fan of the word "toxicity", it's extremely vague and I've come to find it just means "I don't like what they have to say" and so on

This just sounds like your typical online multiplayer for a larger game, my advice is to embrace the randomness of it, have fun, and expect the unexpected :dunno:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

I'm not sure why you're feeling the need to be snappy and aggressive? Is there something about this topic that's upset you? You seem to have had quite a negative tone from the get-go.

And yes, people have every right to complain about toxicity when they're trying to enjoy their free time gaming only to be getting angry messages accusing them of being a cheater or people using taunts constantly. Some of us have more important things to worry about in life without some young kid using their perceived online anonymity to be an asshole over a game.

Baiting some sad AFK killer is hardly even comparable to being an AFK killer, that's just playing the game as intended, having a fair PvP fight when someone initiates it. It's hardly 'one-upping' someone when they're landing the first hit, if they can't handle a fight then they shouldn't attack people, if someone's hands are on the controller, they're going to fight back, that's the game.

Now I see it. You bait responses. Awh geez mister, did I provoke a response from you, awh gee-whizz well you see this is a public forum and you didn't have to reply mister, but since you did let me write a dissertation on why no matter what you say I'm going to play devil's advocate despite contradicting myself.

Someone kicked your ass in the game on day one and it's been a race to be the ass-kicker ever since, you're not that hard to figure out.

47 minutes ago, Cynicaljam96 said:

Now I see it. You bait responses. Awh geez mister, did I provoke a response from you, awh gee-whizz well you see this is a public forum and you didn't have to reply mister, but since you did let me write a dissertation on why no matter what you say I'm going to play devil's advocate despite contradicting myself.

Someone kicked your ass in the game on day one and it's been a race to be the ass-kicker ever since, you're not that hard to figure out.

You really are angry about something, what is the need for these attacks? You've been hostile before I even replied to you.

Honestly part of me is starting to think you've been AFK killing and someone fought back and beat you so thats why you were so angry that I said I baited AFKs... You came in this thread already hostile then when I responded you've just been throwing names at me, behaving sarcastically. What are you gaining from this? I'm not quite sure of your intentions.

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Jeez...if all that bothers you, certainly, don't play a Street Fighter game. You'll run down the street crying hysterically from a single evening of mp.

Hmmm, strange, personally I've not seen this level in Street Fighter games. For sure I've seen the ocassional guy who can't handle a loss but I swear in Absolver it's >90% of the playerbase xD. Granted though I've not played a whole lot of SF, good game, just never got into it as much as other fighters.

2 hours ago, BlindMango said:

Never been a fan of the word "toxicity", it's extremely vague and I've come to find it just means "I don't like what they have to say" and so on

This just sounds like your typical online multiplayer for a larger game, my advice is to embrace the randomness of it, have fun, and expect the unexpected :dunno:

I suppose it is pretty vague, I usually just identify it as those who either troll intentionally, get aggressive when losing or something a bit more exclusive to this game like solely attack players grinding PvE or being AFK and run from any other fight.

My main point with this game (as mentioned earlier in this particular post) is that it appears to be like >90% of the community on this game, I see toxicity in other games but much rarer, even the super popular games. I've played Fortnite on an alt account before and despite the huge success and large child following I don't think I even saw a toxic player, not once. Maybe there are a dozens of them, but they're probably buried by everyone else that I don't have to see them frequently.