Survival is complete BS

Seriously, this mode is complete garbage, wait 20 minutes to get in a game and then waste an hour of your life only to die because the game decides to screw you over randomly. Everything kills me in 1-2 shots no matter how much health I have and I dont see how extraction once is even possible. Oh and I just love how the game decides to spawn two elites right on top of me out of nowhere with flamethrowers when I'm so close to the end...

Would seriously rather do the underground and last stand grinds twice if I didn't have to do this game mode at all

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

first of all the loading screens take forever..
they spawn half the team in 1 corner of the map so you are taking everything or you got nothing at all and the random deaths and random elite spwans in front of a safe house makes it a bad dlc.

no mather how high your gear is..when they rush you you are death.
and than the darkzone..people calling a chopper and run away..leaving you with 4 hunters on every distractionpoint.

there is a lot wrong with this content

• Like 1

most of the dev tech is already taken..but with a turret a med post and a purple gun or strong blue one you can take a armored enemy to get dev tech..you only need 2..one for the flare gun and one for the sniper to kill the hunters.

the random fails of the game makes it just hard sometimes, but could be a fun dlc though

• 4 weeks later...

I kind of felt the same way when I started Survival. After some practice though, personally, I think it's the best out of the DLC (although that isn't saying much).

I still play Survival everyday for the Daily, and I've done probably 30-40 successful extractions since I got the DLC a couple of months ago. I could write up some advice if anyone wants it, but it would more than likely be pretty long (I have a tendency to try to be as detailed as possible), so I'm not sure if anyone really wants to read all of it.

There's no Survival trophy guide on this site, but playstationtrophies.org has one. When I read it, I didn't think it was really all that helpful, as all of its "advice" seemed either really generalized or a bit misleading.

• Like 2

It isn't hard at all.  I did the entire thing solo when it came out.  In fact it is easier solo.  You can match make with a team but go your separate way.  If you go down one of them may just come and pick you up.  Running in a group makes getting the materials to scarce to spread amongst yourselves unless you know the map and all the spawn points for the loot along the way.  don't get me wrong there are enough materials for a 4 player team on just about any direct route to the dark zones but it takes a lot of runs to learn where it's all at, so most likely you are missing 80% of it if you're having that much trouble.   It's not all that necessary to take on every NPC you come across. I had runs where i only killed like 10 NPCs.  I had a spot on the map that was full of clothes so I always high tailed it there and got warm 1st.  Once you are warm you can spend more time stealthing around the NPC's backtracking and going up the next block if necessary.  Always craft your mask 1st  then a health station and a turret and then and only then enter the dark zones.  If you are having a tough time in a run hide out near a extraction area and jump on someone else chopper.  pay attention to you time, devise a strategy, and adapt.  Does the game mode take a bit of patience and practice, absolutely but it really isn't as difficult as your making it out to be.  I actually think it was a great dlc and had a lot of fun with it. 

You should have played the underground when it came out.  Much more of a challenge then.  they nerfed the NPC's all to hell and back.  We use to get wiped out right at then end by the shotgunners quite regularly with a 4 man team. Now I walk through it no problem solo.  The base game is easy too.  Use to be you needed a team to play through it on hard now I carry friends through challenging and kill all the npc's myself.  Not like i practiced it either.  I'm playing with the same loot I obtained over a year ago and i don't even bother sorting through all the endless bullshit loot anymore.  i just drop it on the ground.  

Good luck.

Edited by steel6burgh
  • Like 1

I found the DLC really weird and I hated it. I binged this game, played like 70 hours in a few weeks, got amazing weapons and builds, then got platinum. Decided to try out DLC trophies, and find out one of the modes just disregards everything you worked for. Survival mode in a heavily loot based game just seems so out of place.

I know some people really enjoyed it, but definitely not what I was looking for in a loot based game. 

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 3/23/2019 at 10:59 PM, mjan8935 said:

The last stand is the worst 

I agree. Last Stand grind is worse in my opinion. Especially because there's so many afk farmers and world boss farmers in Last Stand which causes you to lose games. At least Survival is a hell of a lot more in your control. Survival is a clever mode in my opinion. It was a great idea on paper and although it wasn't perfect, it was still a good mode. You can be unfortunate, sure. But Survival is a strategy, it is about patience as well as speed (like a marathon). Speedrunning is out of the option unless you are experienced and really good at the mode. You should learn where to go on the map and plan a routine for future runs. I always spent most my time outside DZ until maybe 30-35mins left getting as much supplies and gear as possible (Stamina is KEY on gear), leave the extraction until the last 5-15mins (depends how confident you are with the hunter). Something that was crucial in my runs though is to also keep an eye out for dead agents because you can get a full set of gear and weapons from them to dismantle/compare. But if agents are alive for extraction and despite extra hunters spawning, 2 agents can be stronger than 1. Just don't get too comfortable. I say 'can be' because they can backstab you too (in most cases, i'd say only help if you are confident in taking on 2+ hunters because in a lot of scenarios you will either be cornered at certain extraction and will die and most likely 95% of the time the other agent/s will abandon you or wait until you die). Honestly Survival is only about practice. You cant expect to be great at it after 5-10 runs.

Edited by Last-_-Judgment

survival is the best part of the game and one of the peak points in games if you ask me it is the original battle royale, it is too realistic to be a game which is good for me.. maybe because of that a lot of players constantly die and felt unfair. It took me many runs too to get decent.. Approach the game as if it is real and dont you ever put out of your mind that you can die in any moment in any gear. Even though you performed extremely well Hunter can lock you and kill you easily in the end which probably devastate your mind and cause you hate the game calling it unfair. But, yes survival mode is harsh as it is its purpose, its name... 

Learning the layout which is very wide and put up a good strategy is vital.. Your strategy shouldnt be too rigid to bend and need to be elastic as you can start anywhere in the map and you may not find the guns, gears, eatables or drinks as fast as you hope but you must have a general strategy and you should be in the well know of the usage of crafting interface as time can be your worst enemey here, you should also craft the right thing according to your needs.. 

I see people trying to boosting this mode. Any Division expansion isnt suitable for boosting particularly this one, because resources are limited and you feel it so especially at the start. one of you may be going to die more easily than solo if you arent already extremely good (then what is the need of booasting!) , even so it is still possible to die at the start given how weak you both start and thus how harsh the environment and big the pressure to reach resources but you are now two stomach to feed.. you will always feel this pressure although at a lowering rate but it is not worth at all IMO. 

I am aware that I talked too pessimistic here but experience and the instinctual want to survive is the key here, I believe you will start to get results after 8-10 runs.. It is just hard, not impossible but doable like FromSoftware games.. 

I personally consider it as an insult to the mode to compare it with last stand, it is a bad joke.. Survival is the sheer quality.. I cant still forget the thrill I felt in this game all along, the excitement at the start of the Hunter boss battle and first hearing of its music after you shot your flare gun.. oh god, it's unforgettable for me.. 

SUMMARY: Give this game a chance you'll love it, It is not harder than base game's DZ

• 3 weeks later...