Trophy thoughts for Divinity: Original Sin 2?

1 hour ago, Spyro said:

Looks like a nice, long list like the first game and not for the faint of heart.

Agree, i was dreading the return of honour mode trophy and here it is.?

1 hour ago, trophyhuntin749 said:

How hard is the first games plat thinking about buying the first one today

It's hard because of aforementioned honour mode and it's time consuming. You want to do 2 playthroughs for a platinum each one will take around 80-100 hours depending on how much you are gonna explore. But don't let this spook you: it's a fantastic game, can't wait to get my hands on a sequel.

6 minutes ago, dimonemt said:

Agree, i was dreading the return of honour mode trophy and here it is.1f62c.png

It's hard because of aforementioned honour mode and it's time consuming. You want to do 2 playthroughs for a platinum each one will take around 80-100 hours depending on how much you are gonna explore. But don't let this spook you: it's a fantastic game, can't wait to get my hands on a sequel.

Thank you, ya its been something I have been wanting to play for awhile now today is a good a time as ever

37 minutes ago, dimonemt said:

Agree, i was dreading the return of honour mode trophy and here it is.1f62c.png

It can be done in one playtrough of that lenght, you just have to pay attention to the companions side quests

I have the platinum for the first Divinity and i can tell you that it can take some times especially in honour mode.

It took me 100+ hours to get it but that was an epic journey trough the game.

Patience is the key, don't rush trough the game, take your time to explore every area and be carefull because they are a lot of missable trophies (most of them are).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PillsOfDarkness said:

I have the platinum for the first Divinity and i can tell you that it can take some times especially in honour mode.

It took me 100+ hours to get it but that was an epic journey trough the game.

Patience is the key, don't rush trough the game, take your time to explore every area and be carefull because they are a lot of missable trophies (most of them are).

Thanks think I will wait till tuesday cause knowing my luck I would buy it tonight then it will go on sale lol, game must be pretty amazing to put that much time into it

How hard is the first games plat thinking about buying the first one today

it took me around 120hours to finish it for plat
made it in two attempts
there is a nice walkthru here on plat, you can use it as reference. I dont think it will spoil the journey much for you, but better to do it yourself ofcource :) just for hardcorneness

Two possibilities:

• You start immediately on hardest, but (imho) this way the enjoyment of the story is severed with the lengthy padding of micromanaging battles, reloads and frustration... I don't know, that kind of resentment might take away from the magic and wonder of the world, characters and the possibilities of the tricksy gameplay.
  • You enjoy the story and game at your own pace, and you'll focus on hard battles on your second playthrough, when you know what you're doing, and already have context. But this is the lengthier route.

Either way, it's very taxing.

Honestly looks a lot better than the first one because you don't have companions in the sense of the first one so there's no really stringent quests you have to keep an eye out for with traits. Will be doing Honour Mode 1st playthrough with my friend who I did Honour Mode in the first game with. We're both super excited for this.

my buddy wants me to buy this pretty badly so we have a couch co op game to work on through the rest of the year. is It worth it? seems turn based diablo Esque but more story?

also sucks it's out 3 days after fire pro and the week after has dragon quest. spiderman and tomb.

but if this is worth the $89 (Canada), I'll still pick it up.

looking for opinions.

6 hours ago, trophyhuntin749 said:

Ya may just play it through once just to kind of get my own enjoyment out of the world and story then if need be use a guide on the second playthrough

That's the right way to go about this game. Enjoy your first playthrough don't think about trophies at all. When you are done you will need crafting guide(along with trophy guide)for honour mode to make it a bit less painful.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Elbender93 said:

It can be done in one playtrough of that lenght, you just have to pay attention to the companions side quests

It can be done, sure, but if you go for the platinum on the first playthrough starting on honour mode all the charm of this game will be lost because high learning curve combined with tougher foes will make the game very frustrating.

My completion times for DoS are: 111 hours(24 ingame days) for explorer mode and 21 ingame days(honour mode save file doesn't show time) for the hardest playthrough.

-Edit: forgot to mention im talking about DOS1, as i saw someone talking about playing THAT one. The chest strat i can only imagine is very much doable in the 2nd game, making a mockery of honour mode while still remaining butt clenching -

Just incase honour mode sounds daunting, having to play a 100+ hour game on max difficulty with permadeath.. just ignore that and enjoy it. Save that till the very end because i beat this game in just under 6 hours using the OP chest strategy and that playthrough was super fun. Its totally worth your time playing this game and the platinum is very much achieveable with a little bit of preplanning. I am so incredibly excited for DOS2 you have no idea how happy i was to see the trophy list appear last night ??? 

Edited by OnlyCass

• 2 weeks later...
On 6.8.2018 at 7:05 PM, OnlyCass said:

-Edit: forgot to mention im talking about DOS1, as i saw someone talking about playing THAT one. The chest strat i can only imagine is very much doable in the 2nd game, making a mockery of honour mode while still remaining butt clenching -

Just incase honour mode sounds daunting, having to play a 100+ hour game on max difficulty with permadeath.. just ignore that and enjoy it. Save that till the very end because i beat this game in just under 6 hours using the OP chest strategy and that playthrough was super fun. Its totally worth your time playing this game and the platinum is very much achieveable with a little bit of preplanning. I am so incredibly excited for DOS2 you have no idea how happy i was to see the trophy list appear last night 1f601.png1f601.png1f601.png 

You beat the game (in honour mode?) in 6 hours? How's that possible?

I thought about picking up the game but I'm not sure if I will spend another 100h just for the difficulty trophy. I recently played Dragon Age Inquisition on Nightmare on my first playthrough and it completely ruined the game for me as the difficulty shows all the flaws the game has.

• 4 weeks later...

it is not that difficult on honour as it may seems.

I used general 2 lone wolf physical party. And it was not hard at all. Ofcource there were some times that I needed to savescum using usb (for some trophies, and still needed 2nd playthrough :) ) or just quick exist not to be saved after one member died, but that was only in the Fort joy part. As it is still the hardest. 

All in all it took me around 90-100 hours to finish. BTW I have played only till act 3 on PC, so the 2nd part was fully new to me and I explored every corner. Anyway I tried to get the max out of the game: every quest, every loot, every kill possible. 

• Like 1

On 21/08/2018 at 4:58 PM, Silencer0004 said:

You beat the game (in honour mode?) in 6 hours? How's that possible?

I thought about picking up the game but I'm not sure if I will spend another 100h just for the difficulty trophy. I recently played Dragon Age Inquisition on Nightmare on my first playthrough and it completely ruined the game for me as the difficulty shows all the flaws the game has.

Sorry its been ages! All i did, as i said was use the chest strat if you know what that is: you fill an indestructible chest up you find early on with barrels of water oil and poison, then i watched someone speed run the game on youtube ? they completed it waaaay faster, and i had to keep pausing and stuff. Seriously, give it a go, its a great game and as you can see, i scored the platinum quite recently. Totally worth it if its your jam.

• Like 1

On 16.9.2018 at 3:59 AM, OnlyCass said:

Sorry its been ages! All i did, as i said was use the chest strat if you know what that is: you fill an indestructible chest up you find early on with barrels of water oil and poison, then i watched someone speed run the game on youtube ? they completed it waaaay faster, and i had to keep pausing and stuff. Seriously, give it a go, its a great game and as you can see, i scored the platinum quite recently. Totally worth it if its your jam.

Thanks for the info. Just watched the chest strategy on Youtube but couldn't find (enough) info whether it is also possible on PS4. But as you confirmed, it is possible. Therefore, no reason to wait any longer to give the game a go :) 

I'm halfway into my honour mode playthrough, it's really not that hard, although it's worth mentioning I already beat the game on PC a year ago on classic. As long as you're familiar with the game honour mode is definitely manageable even without walkthroughs/guides. If it's your first playthrough (and you're not a DOS1 veteran), you're probably going to have a bad time on honour mode, which is a shame because it's a masterpiece of a game and should be experienced for the first time on Classic or even Explorer difficulty in my opinion.

I would rate DOS2 platinum difficulty 7/10 if you're using save backups, if not, I would go as far as 10/10 due to how punishing honour mode can be.

• Like 2