I was thinking about buy this game. What about difficulty? Is this hard?

KoDaX12

Can't compare it with NfS 2015 but I would say that the game itself is quite doable overall. Like you might see from the trophies there are different difficulty settings and on easy and normal the AI is no real problem. There may be some races where the AI is a bit annoying due to the rubberbanding. Only annoying thing is that Shift 2 feels quite grindy due to the fact that you have to master all curves on the 100+ track variations which means that you have to drive the racing line (it can be enabled) most of the time. There's also an unnecessary grind to get $10 million which takes about 5 to 10 hours of doing several races over and over again.

Online is easy with the only annoying thing being King of the Hill where you play a typical elimination style event and you have to win 7 races in a row. It can be done with two people if everyone has enough dummy accounts but it goes way faster when playing with multiple people.

• Like 2

King of the hill absolutely has to be boosted unless you want to spend a long long time on it alone

The main game isn't that hard, you just need to get used to the handling model, it's not easy to just jump in and be at home

trophies for earning the X amount of millions and car from every model take ages and I am at the point where I'd just buy the time saver dlc to get the car one over with
the majority of the time would be spent on mastering corners and tracks which isn't hard but there are a lot of them and it will take you hours and hours and hours

as for the game itself, it's fun, just get used to the handling and avoid Nurburgring if possible

• Like 2

4WDs, Pikes Peak Scion Tc and Maserati MC12 for GT1 championship and you're gonna be breezing through the game. Only slightly difficult races are in the Retro leagues. Just use aggressive dive bombs to turn 1 and when you're at P1, defend it like Schumi.

You will have about 3 million after 100% the career with DLC so the money grind will be a real pain.

• Like 3

Really fun game but as the others have said there is a bit of grind required along with the annoying King of the Hill boosting

I felt the cars to be a little bit twitchy at times but once you get the hang of it you should be fine

I need to go back and finish this so thanks for the post reminding me!

After struggling for a week trying to mop up trophies on Ridge Racer Unbounded, I am looking forward to a different driving model

• Like 2

All of you, except for Crimson Idol, don't even have a platinum in this game and you're talking about how easy the game is. @KoDaX12 don't think that it is cause it's not. Most of the rivals that you have to beat are insanely hard, online needs around 300 races if you want to do it with one other person, and the handling in this game is just the worst. Basically it's like you're driving on ice and even the slightest touch of oponets cars will end up in doing 180° and losing a race, one rival race that you need to beat is on the hardest and longest track in the game and it lasts 45 minutes! So you have to drive perfectly for nearly an hour and if you go into one corner badly then you have to restart the whole thing. If that sounds hard then, well, you have to do it twice to beat him. Mastering tracks is just broken in this game and some corners will just not register even if you do them perfectly, so basically you need to try some of them 100 times and hope that they will count. To be honest, don't go for this game if you're not an amazing racing games player or don't have enough patience for getting your ass unfairly kicked all the time.

• Like 2

I'm sorry I didn't bother to grind 10mil or do KOTH sooner, silly me.

As I said 4WDs are stupid grippy, try them out. GT1 class Maserati MC12 is the car with most downforce and does not lose control unless you yourself slam the brakes. Just try Hard difficulty with 4WDs or the Maserati and tell me it's that difficult of a game.

45 minutes? Oh please Try pCARS and GT4 and GT5 with Endurance races.

I'll give you one with the track mastering Turn 10 in Brno is broken, everything else... Well you might want to try out those 4WDs, just saying.

EDIT: Just some more clarification

In online you can do 1h rubberband races. At most if you're gonna plan your MP trophies, you're looking at max 28 races. Less if you combine some.

And finally, this is a simcade racer, this isn't your basic NFS or any arcade racer. You're not supposed to touch the other racers. 

Edited by totallycrushed
  • Like 2

well.... I'm working on this game again after a long time.... like harry said its not an easy game because of the handling. I suffered a lot with the drift and the endurance modes, the rest are quite simple if you have the right car. I'm not the greatest driver but I've managed to get this far where I only got left 2 rivals, 1 car to get and then start working in the 100% curves for many tracks, although I got a lot done there. Hardly remember the online but according with my stats it says I spent about 13 hours there. I would rate this game with a 7.5-8 score in the difficulty department. 

I havent get the trophies in prestige for NFS 2015, I got to comeback to that but definitly this shift 2 feels lot simpler than that, just different handling style

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...