Few Questions please ;)

Hi all

1st. If I make a new account, I know its possible to join a guide as a collaborator, but can I move a guide of mine to another account and remove the account name of the account I initially published the guide with??

Basically I played with Exploder cheat system on PS3 5+  years ago and im still regretting it and will be all my life on here it seems. Im thinking off starting afresh, cause im tired off these old flags always there, if I do, I wont use this account on here anymore and want it off my guides. Dont wanna be associated with cheating at all, but this site permanently reminds u, I wanna be rid of it

2nd; Ive asked this before but forgot the answers, is 20mb the size limit for guide images?? And a follow up; does a guide have a overall size limit, for example 1gb or something???

Thanks

Edited by optimusmart
  • Like 1

@BlindMango could you please provide your professional expertise ;) My answers are probably wrong.

1: While i'm not on the guide team, i think the only way for remove your name from a guide would be to delete the guide fully. (If that's even possible with published guides)

If your the original guide writer, copy it then once the guide is gone paste it in the new guide. Boom your new account is on the writer list, your old account isn't.

2: Not entirely sure but i think it is.

• Like 1

@Sly Ripper would be the only one that could change the main guide author as the guide is tied to the original writer, but I've only seen him do that kind of thing once or twice

Also for guide images, I don't know if there's an overall image limit, but if I remember right each individual image has a 2MB size limit. Guides themselves virtually don't have a limit though, you can basically write as much as you desire! :P 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

@Sly Ripper would be the only one that could change the main guide author as the guide is tied to the original writer, but I've only seen him do that kind of thing once or twice

Also for guide images, I don't know if there's an overall image limit, but if I remember right each individual image has a 2MB size limit. Guides themselves virtually don't have a limit though, you can basically write as much as you desire! :P 

Thanks, mate.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Damn, would it be worth me sending him a PM and expressing my concern??

2mb, thought it was more, what happens if I submit a image bigger, would it not paste? Im sure ive added bigger than 2mb

If Sly tells me he cant do anything, can I at least put my new account name at top of my current guides so viewers know where to find me, such as;

Find me at 'new account name'

38 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

Pro tip, if you use adblocker or uBLock addons in your browser you can remove them. 

Its not an ad, its a permanent window on my profile page with bright colors and headers reminding me that I cheated on video games in the past. If I keep this account, this site is going to remind that I cheated for the rest of my life ;(

1 hour ago, StarMadeKnight said:

@BlindMango could you please provide your professional expertise ;) My answers are probably wrong.

1: While i'm not on the guide team, i think the only way for remove your name from a guide would be to delete the guide fully. (If that's even possible with published guides)

If your the original guide writer, copy it then once the guide is gone paste it in the new guide. Boom your new account is on the writer list, your old account isn't.

2: Not entirely sure but i think it is.

Thought off that, problem is that I would loose all my views

Edited by optimusmart

4 hours ago, optimusmart said:

2mb, thought it was more, what happens if I submit a image bigger, would it not paste? Im sure ive added bigger than 2mb

If Sly tells me he cant do anything, can I at least put my new account name at top of my current guides so viewers know where to find me, such as;

Find me at 'new account name'

If the image has is bigger than 2000x2000 pixels, the guide won't be able to save it.

It would be better to add your new username as a contributor, that way you'll still receive notifications whenever someone posts. Besides that, you can post a comment in the Comments section about you continuing under the new username.

41 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

If the image has is bigger than 2000x2000 pixels, the guide won't be able to save it.

Thanks for this, bit more specific. Are they ok if its 2500x1500 for example or can either not exceed the 2000 limit? Im quite certain I uploaded a image/s recently I had shrunk to 2500 or 3000 pixels

43 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

It would be better to add your new username as a contributor, that way you'll still receive notifications whenever someone posts. Besides that, you can post a comment in the Comments section about you continuing under the new username.

Been thinking abt it today, and think will be best just to go with the Username thing, dont have any other choice really.

Yea, I will just add the collaborator as u said and put a small comment on the guide.

Shame I have to take PsPlus of my Main and it is now 4eva marked, but guess my own fault

Thanks guys for the comments

P.S. just one last question;

Unpublished guides, I know I need to copy/paste and reupload images on new account, but are u guys able to just copy the whole guide file across saving.me the trouble??

4 minutes ago, optimusmart said:

Thanks for this, bit more specific. Are they ok if its 2500x1500 for example or can either not exceed the 2000 limit? Im quite certain I uploaded a image/s recently I had shrunk to 2500 or 3000 pixels

Been thinking abt it today, and think will be best just to go with the Username thing, dont have any other choice really.

Yea, I will just add the collaborator as u said and put a small comment on the guide.

Shame I have to take PsPlus of my Main and it is now 4eva marked, but guess my own fault

Unpublished guides, I know I need to copy/paste and reupload images on new account, but are u guys able to just copy the whole guide file across saving.me the trouble??

Hmm, I don't know that actually, haven't tried it yet :hmm: . Do you remember which guide has that image?

For unpublished guides: you can go into code view of the old guide (with the button that has this icon: </>), copy everything (CTRL+A is a quick way to select everything), enter code view in the new guide, and paste everything. Exit code view and save the changes. This will copy all the layout and formatting you've done. The only thing that need to be changed are links to sections in gameplay guides and links to trophies. Though be sure not to mess around with the coding, if you don't know anything about programming, as that can lead to weird bugs or even mess up other things.

5 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Hmm, I don't know that actually, haven't tried it yet :hmm: . Do you remember which guide has that image?

For unpublished guides: you can go into code view of the old guide (with the button that has this icon: </>), copy everything (CTRL+A is a quick way to select everything), enter code view in the new guide, and paste everything. Exit code view and save the changes. This will copy all the layout and formatting you've done. The only thing that need to be changed are links to sections in gameplay guides and links to trophies. Though be sure not to mess around with the coding, if you don't know anything about programming, as that can lead to weird bugs or even mess up other things.

The Alien Isolation one, not all the images are above 2000, but a few were saved to 2500 due to more maps on the image, and I think I saved one or two at 3000

Oh yea, I know what problems coding can cause. Glad I asked, copy/pasting the coding will be much quicker than doing the whole guide, thanks for that one ;)

5 minutes ago, optimusmart said:

The Alien Isolation one, not all the images are above 2000, but a few were saved to 2500 due to more maps on the image, and I think I saved one or two at 3000

Checked the images and some have a width 2500 and 3000. There's even one with a width of 3000 and a height of 1800+, so it seems there's no need to compensate when one dimension goes above 2000 pixels. Interesting, learned something new about the guide editor after all this time :lol: . Going to play around with this a bit to see what the limit is.

The width of the images caused the Guide Contents bar to be placed at the end of the guide instead of at the right side, so you could shrink them and embed a link, like I did here. That way readers can just click on the small images to view them at regular size.

5 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Checked the images and some have a width 2500 and 3000. There's even one with a width of 3000 and a height of 1800+, so it seems there's no need to compensate when one dimension goes above 2000 pixels. Interesting, learned something new about the guide editor after all this time :lol: . Going to play around with this a bit to see what the limit is.

Yea, I was sure they were bigger than what u said,.so was a bit confused

Let me know if u find out the limit please, would be.very helpful

7 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

he width of the images caused the Guide Contents bar to be placed at the end of the guide instead of at the right side, so you could shrink them and embed a link, like I did here. That way readers can just click on the small images to view them at regular size.

Thats a good idea, wasnt aware could do that. I dislike contents at the bottom so.something I will definitely do at some point

May just leave AI how it is for now as I want to.crack.on with the text next, but I will likely defo incorporate that into.future guides

Did u see I had made a start on the DD:DA guide. I should have done.that by now, im.pretty bad.with planning, but.ive revised my future plans and hope to.get that done after SotTR. I had been.holding on.to.too.much in my backlog, but.Ive.literally almost wiped it all clean now

10 minutes ago, optimusmart said:

Yea, I was sure they were bigger than what u said,.so was a bit confused

Let me know if u find out the limit please, would be.very helpful

Thats a good idea, wasnt aware could do that. I dislike contents at the bottom so.something I will definitely do at some point

May just leave AI how it is for now as I want to.crack.on with the text next, but I will likely defo incorporate that into.future guides

Did u see I had made a start on the DD:DA guide. I should have done.that by now, im.pretty bad.with planning, but.ive revised my future plans and hope to.get that done after SotTR. I had been.holding on.to.too.much in my backlog, but.Ive.literally almost wiped it all clean now

Sure thing.

Must've missed that. Is the DD:DA guide almost finished?

9 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

Pro tip, if you use adblocker or uBLock addons in your browser you can remove them. 

8 hours ago, optimusmart said:

Its not an ad, its a permanent window on my profile page with bright colors and headers reminding me that I cheated on video games in the past. If I keep this account, this site is going to remind that I cheated for the rest of my life ;(

I think what @DARKB1KE means is that you can use adblockers to custom block portions of webpages. like when you use f12 to inspect elements on a webpage. you can then select those elements and prevent them from loading in your browser. You could therefore remove your own view of all the flagging details.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

The width of the images caused the Guide Contents bar to be placed at the end of the guide instead of at the right side, so you could shrink them and embed a link, like I did here. That way readers can just click on the small images to view them at regular size.

I think it’s 2MB, that seems to be the trouble I’ve run into in the past at times, it’s the limit for me when putting up header images on the site :P 

Just save the image as a JPEG and you should be okay

3 hours ago, optimusmart said:

I believe he just does a little tinkering and changes the name, I don’t think it takes big transfers or anything

9 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

I think it’s 2MB, that seems to be the trouble I’ve run into in the past at times, it’s the limit for me when putting up header images on the site :P 

Just save the image as a JPEG and you should be okay

I find the quality of PNG better, as the text and some colours are a bit blurry otherwise. This is very noticeable in the Ys Memories of Celceta gameplay guide

• Like 1

We spoke in PM, and I've decided I'll send you a little surprise. Didn't know the little box meant so much for you, and I really hope the box is the issue. Hopefully it will make you happy, I'm doing it just for you! But gimme some minutes to program it.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, clickclick-uhoh said:

I think what @DARKB1KE means is that you can use adblockers to custom block portions of webpages. like when you use f12 to inspect elements on a webpage. you can then select those elements and prevent them from loading in your browser. You could therefore remove your own view of all the flagging details.

I can see the benefit, but then I still cant get on the leaderboard which is a reminder as well, and punishment I guess for my own mistake

11 minutes ago, MMDE said:

We spoke in PM, and I've decided I'll send you a little surprise. Didn't know the little box meant so much for you, and I really hope the box is the issue. Hopefully it will make you happy, I'm doing it just for you! But gimme some minutes to program it.

Huge thanks for that MMDE, but as just said to clickclick, it fixes part of it but not all of it

Im just gonna make a new account and accept the PsPlus losses. Its my own fault as mentioned in PM, I just need to accept it and move on rather than keep whining

Edited by optimusmart

2 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I find the quality of PNG better, as the text and some colours are a bit blurry otherwise. This is very noticeable in the Ys Memories of Celceta gameplay guide

Definitely, JPEG tends to cause lots of compression and “noise” when you zoom in to see the smaller details, but it’s not always terrible :P 

PNG is always best :ninja: 

7 hours ago, optimusmart said:

I can see the benefit, but then I still cant get on the leaderboard which is a reminder as well, and punishment I guess for my own mistake

Huge thanks for that MMDE, but as just said to clickclick, it fixes part of it but not all of it

Im just gonna make a new account and accept the PsPlus losses. Its my own fault as mentioned in PM, I just need to accept it and move on rather than keep whining

Leaderboards are pointless. 

3 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

Leaderboards are pointless. 

Tell that to the website owners

Of course they are, so are Trophies,  even videogames can be seen as pointless, but cmon, its all fun ;)

Sounds like u despise anyone that has some interest in leaderboards. Its just about fun, I wouldnt worry too much

Edited by optimusmart

22 hours ago, optimusmart said:

Tell that to the website owners

Of course they are, so are Trophies,  even videogames can be seen as pointless, but cmon, its all fun ;)

Sounds like u despise anyone that has some interest in leaderboards. Its just about fun, I wouldnt worry too much

Just think it's funny people compare epeen sizes.

3 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

Just think it's funny people compare epeen sizes.

Noone cares about epeens, its just a myth that some like to use as a argument. Voicing concern towards epeens could be said to be a epeen action in itself 'people think they're better if they make it known they dont need epeens'

I agree leaderboards are pointless bud, just adds some extra fun for me to challenge myself 

Edited by optimusmart