Trophy thoughts?

Boring and grindy list with no effort put into the icons. They could have done so much more with the trophies. Haven't played this version (was holding out for the PS4 version due to my trophy addiction) but the others in the series are great so don't let the trophies discourage you from getting it.

Edited by Killbomb
  • Like 1

Assuming starting up local match, winning and then getting back into another match can all be done around a minute, you're looking at over 16 hours of grinding. Ouch.

Maybe a turbo controller method could be possible. We'll obviously have to wait and see what the menus are like and how matches are setup on console.

Seems grindy for the 1000 matches. 100% match rating will be tricky too.

1 hour ago, mcnichoj said:

Assuming starting up local match, winning and then getting back into another match can all be done around a minute, you're looking at over 16 hours of grinding. Ouch.

Maybe a turbo controller method could be possible. We'll obviously have to wait and see what the menus are like and how matches are setup on console.

Longer than that. In Fire Pro you can’t do big moves straight away, you have to build up to it. So getting an early pin is fairly rare

Basically the same list as the Steam version. 1000 matches will be a bit grindy, but unless I'm mistaken, sim matches count towards this. You can speed up sim matches, so it won't be AS bad. The S ranks will be the hardest on this list.

Edited by Jonjamo
Wording
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jonjamo said:

Basically the same list as the Steam version. 1000 matches will be a bit grindy, but unless I'm mistaken, sim matches count towards this. You can speed up sim matches, so it won't be AS bad. The S ranks will be the hardest on this list.

Yup, seems anyone on steam who has 100% used a save file glitch for mission mode too.

Judging by steam forums, just completing mission mode is a tough ask, let alone getting S ranks on every one.

On 8/7/2018 at 0:08 AM, trophyhuntin749 said:

A little grindy like you said with the missions and 1000 matches but it might be a fun quirky new wrestling game that is not wwe

If you can leave the ring and just get counted out and then if they have a rematch button it could be not so bad because it doesn't say win 1000 match it only reads fight in 1000 matches.

Edited by MAXTHUNDER
spelling error

6 hours ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

day 1 for me. already paid. support The Elite and watch the G1. lol

Absolutely. This year's G1 has been WILD so far. The game is a ton of fun, though. I've logged a lot of time in the steam version making an NJPW promotion from workshop characters. It'll be nice to have official ones with the storyline.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonjamo said:

Absolutely. This year's G1 has been WILD so far. The game is a ton of fun, though. I've logged a lot of time in the steam version making an NJPW promotion from workshop characters. It'll be nice to have official ones with the storyline.

As you’ve played the game before on steam, can you chime in with how hard S rank on all missions will be?

5 hours ago, Jonjamo said:

I dont think Okada should win in. maybe have him lose to Ibushi or Jay. Kenny wont win cause the tama crap. so I expect a blow off match at All In. 

I just hope there isnt no draw in the finals or run ins. that would take from the G1 lol.

but yeah I'm gonna immediately edit Kenny ring gear. the green black isnt doing it for me. haha. cant wait.

21 hours ago, Yokimoto said:

As you’ve played the game before on steam, can you chime in with how hard S rank on all missions will be?

Most of them are simple enough to complete, but S ranks were are very frustrating on many of them, especially the later missions. I don't achievement hunt on steam that much, so I didn't get S on all of them there, but I remember seeing that it was a thing for a while that people were downloading a "perfect save" file for a while to unlock some of the extra moves and customization options from the missions.

I'd be curious to see how the mission content changes with the addition of the NJPW content.

17 hours ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

I dont think Okada should win in. maybe have him lose to Ibushi or Jay. Kenny wont win cause the tama crap. so I expect a blow off match at All In. 

I just hope there isnt no draw in the finals or run ins. that would take from the G1 lol.

but yeah I'm gonna immediately edit Kenny ring gear. the green black isnt doing it for me. haha. cant wait.

I agree, I'm sure an Okada defense will happen eventually, but I don't think it should be now. He's had a lot of fun matches since dropping the belt. I'm excited to see which story they push with it.  With All-In, and their G1 Supercard event with ROH at Madison Square Garden next year to push their international showing, I'd say Omega will be given a pretty good run.

On 09/08/2018 at 7:34 AM, Jonjamo said:

Most of them are simple enough to complete, but S ranks were are very frustrating on many of them, especially the later missions. I don't achievement hunt on steam that much, so I didn't get S on all of them there, but I remember seeing that it was a thing for a while that people were downloading a "perfect save" file for a while to unlock some of the extra moves and customization options from the missions.

I'd be curious to see how the mission content changes with the addition of the NJPW content.

I agree, I'm sure an Okada defense will happen eventually, but I don't think it should be now. He's had a lot of fun matches since dropping the belt. I'm excited to see which story they push with it.  With All-In, and their G1 Supercard event with ROH at Madison Square Garden next year to push their international showing, I'd say Omega will be given a pretty good run.

I just want the Firing Squad thing to end. none of those guys are main event caliber. tho all 3 are remarkably better than Reigns lol. Ibushi vs Omega in January seems likely. not sure both stay face going into it though. Omega match at All In should be announced soon but rumors say Pentagon I think. ugh. 

as for finals I am happy with whoever wins. both deserve it but I want Ibushi just slightly more.

• 3 weeks later...

I will never be getting this platinum. I can't even get past the 5th fucking tutorial. The timing for grapples are absolutely fucking inhuman. Imfuckingpossible. Impossible. I don't care what anyone says. I'll do whatever trophies are outside of the tutorial/mission mode, and then have the CPU do the 1000 matches for me, and then after that I'll sell this shit and be done with it. Unbelievable.

EDIT: So, a tons of hours later. I kind of sort of got the timing a little down. One thing I noticed is there happens to be a little noise cue when the characters stomp their foot down while linking up. You have to press whichever button you want to use when you see your characters feet hit the mat. It's still pretty damn wonky at times, but it's something. I still don't see myself getting the platinum, but that's fine. I'm enjoying the game regardless. Definitely not worth the $49.99, seems more like a $29.99 game, but I'm glad I got it for $8. For the average consumer, they'll probably feel burned IF they didn't know what they were getting into, like myself.

Edited by ImAPirateSoSueMe
  • Like 1

On 28/08/2018 at 5:13 PM, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

I will never be getting this platinum. I can't even get past the 5th fucking tutorial. The timing for grapples are absolutely fucking inhuman. Imfuckingpossible. Impossible. I don't care what anyone says. I'll do whatever trophies are outside of the tutorial/mission mode, and then have the CPU do the 1000 matches for me, and then after that I'll sell this shit and be done with it. Unbelievable.

EDIT: So, a tons of hours later. I kind of sort of got the timing a little down. One thing I noticed is there happens to be a little noise cue when the characters stomp their foot down while linking up. You have to press whichever button you want to use when you see your characters feet hit the mat. It's still pretty damn wonky at times, but it's something. I still don't see myself getting the platinum, but that's fine. I'm enjoying the game regardless. Definitely not worth the $49.99, seems more like a $29.99 game, but I'm glad I got it for $8. For the average consumer, they'll probably feel burned IF they didn't know what they were getting into, like myself.

nice. how you get it for $8? yeah. I literally bought this to support njpw. and sure it's fun local co op. but not gonna 100%this. no chance in hell. but its 2gb. so I'll keep it installed and just occasionally play with friends when they want.

plus Divinity2 Dq11 and Spiderman next week so this will be shelved.