Yakuza 3 for PS4?!

MidnightDragon

Yeah, Yakuza 3, 4 and 5 are all being remastered for the PS4. Considering the success of the most recent Yakuza localizations, I see no reason why they won't come west. I imagine the 4 and 5 remasters should be localized a lot quicker, due to them already having a fairly competent localization already. I believe Yakuza 3 will take a little longer, considering it had a fair amount of content cut from it on the PS3 version's localization.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Akimitsu782 said:

I believe Yakuza 3 will take a little longer, considering it had a fair amount of content cut from it on the PS3 version's localization.

This has been kind of exaggerated a little. The stuff missing wouldn't really take that much time to translate, especially since Answer x Answer has been removed. But since a different localization team did 3, I don't how much of the old translation is going to be kept.

29 minutes ago, Akimitsu782 said:

All of the mainline titles will be, yes.

If you consider Kiwami 1 & 2 to be replacements for the originals I guess. The remakes have many changes from the originals (and not always positive ones) to the point where they are their own games. Yakuza 1 & 2 are absolutely still worth playing. If you're only interested in the plot, though, I guess Kiwami 1 & 2 mostly keeps it intact.

9 hours ago, cckerberos said:

Incidentally, for those who are curious, the trophy list is identical to that for the PS3 except that the reference to Answer x Answer has been removed.

Some trophy requirements have been reduced slightly.

Only need to open 10 coin lockers now, rather than the entire top row of both locations.

The gambling trophies have been reduced from 10,000 to 3000.

UFO catcher prize requirement reduced from 10 to 5.

Weapons broken in battle reduced from 100 to 30.

16 hours ago, cckerberos said:

This has been kind of exaggerated a little. The stuff missing wouldn't really take that much time to translate, especially since Answer x Answer has been removed. But since a different localization team did 3, I don't how much of the old translation is going to be kept.

Well, from what I've read, the PS3 Yakuza 3 localization had 21 Side Stories cut, as well as 4 mini-games and the Hostess side thing. That seems like a decent amount of content cut from the initial localization.