Perfect Crime trophy must be glitched

Makaro1

Perfect Crime: The trophy where the killer must get away with the crime whilst also meeting other requirements listed on the trophy. So I've been trying and trying to get this trophy and keep failing.

I am well aware of the fact that this trophy can be finicky, but the internet keeeps assuring me "it''s not glitched, you just have to do it thiiiiis way". This seems to be the consenus... im just doing it wrong.

After 4 full playthroughs, start to finish, and countless chapter loads, following every bit of conflicting advice I can find to the dot and still nothing.

I would ask for more advice but Ive likely already tried it, however any help is still appreciated. So I suppose this is more of a PSA anyway.

Due to such a vast difference in what players had to trigger to get it, I say the trophy really IS glitched. If you got it, then consider yourself lucky.

4 playthroughs wow.. I feel your pain.. 

I can't remember all of the names but here is what I've done to get this trophy. 

-shop owner killed during the robbery

- all of the finger prints removed from the Manfred shop so you don't end up at the police station in the next chapter. 

- Scott let drown his partner girl in the car. 

- let Kramer die and don't give him his pills. 

-Madison dies in the killer apartment

-Ethan don't get to the warehouse so he  never see the killer 

-Jeyden dies during the fight with origami killer in the last chapter. 

That's what I've done to get this trophy and I did not had any problems with it on ps4 or ps3

Edit:

All need to be done in one playthrough without chapter select, 

Youbcan start from the chapter that you need to change the outcome and from there finish the game. 

Edited by spo_PL
Adding more info

I am willing to bet you just let Scott get out of the car underwater on his own by letting the timer run out.

Don't do this. Instead, break out of the car on the right side. But be careful not to free Lauren, since she has to die in order for the trophy to pop.

I tried to unlock the Perfect Crime trophy on five attempts, until someone posted that you actually have to get out of the car with Scott. I did this and the trophy popped at the news broadcast.

Letting the timer run out for some reason glitches the trophy. I don't know why.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

I am willing to bet you just let Scott get out of the car underwater on his own by letting the timer run out.

Don't do this. Instead, break out of the car on the right side. But be careful not to free Lauren, since she has to die in order for the trophy to pop.

I tried to unlock the Perfect Crime trophy on five attempts, until someone posted that you actually have to get out of the car with Scott. I did this and the trophy popped at the news broadcast.

Letting the timer run out for some reason glitches the trophy. I don't know why.

Exactly the same thing happened to me.

Spaz, my man! That was it!

Of all the tips... watch Kramer die, leave Kramer, kid must die, kid must live, Madison dies at doc etc etc... this is one I never saw. I can not thank you enough!

I stand by what Ive said though... this trophy is bugged.

Thank you all for your time. I was not ready for a 5th run!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Makaro1 said:

Spaz, my man! That was it!

Of all the tips... watch Kramer die, leave Kramer, kid must die, kid must live, Madison dies at doc etc etc... this is one I never saw. I can not thank you enough!

I stand by what Ive said though... this trophy is bugged.

Thank you all for your time. I was not ready for a 5th run!

Glad to see you got. I was going to offer my advice also but no need to now. I did @spo_PL did and got it on both PS3 and PS4 with no problems,

@Spaz I never knew that was a thing, letting Scott get out by the timer running out. I always escaped with Scott. I guess you learn something new every day.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Can someone help me out with Manfred's shop.

I tried it yesterday and after they left the shop it didn't give me any shots of things I had missed (in my first playthrough after I left the shop it showed me a shot of the phone which I had forgot to wipe down). Then after the load screen I was still in the police station. It has saved during that load screen too so now I have to go back to a cloud save I have about 2 hours previous to play through again!

So annoying.

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2018 at 0:13 PM, HolteEndHero88 said:

Can someone help me out with Manfred's shop.

I tried it yesterday and after they left the shop it didn't give me any shots of things I had missed (in my first playthrough after I left the shop it showed me a shot of the phone which I had forgot to wipe down). Then after the load screen I was still in the police station. It has saved during that load screen too so now I have to go back to a cloud save I have about 2 hours previous to play through again!

So annoying.

Probably a bit too late now, but...

Actually you don't need to do that. Just select chapter "Manfred's Store" and make sure that save is enabled. Any actions you have done prior to that chapter will remain.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Has anyone actually earned this trophy during a first playthrough? I recently did a second playthrough, in which I replicated every action I did that effects the story the first time around, and it popped after getting all the same endings the second time around. Could it be that the developers made it that you had to play through it once so that you actually had to "find out" who the killer is before completing the requirements for the trophy, because if so, that would make a lot of sense?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This unlocked fine for me both times on PS3 and when I was going for fastest time on PS4 (I had it for six months). So I can safely say this unlocks during your first playthrough it’s the only way to get fastest time. 

Make sure you have every single thing. When you’re cleaning up Manfred’s shop I only touched the phone in the front and back, shot glasses, Lauren touching the Ballerina Box, and the front door. 

Thats the only place I can see anyone having any trouble. 

• 1 year later...

I finished the game with Jayden alone fighting the killer and and I let him die but the trophy didn't pop. I'm 100% sure that I cleaned all the prints in the shop and Madison, Kramer, Hassan and Lauren died cause I played it on one longplay. It has sense to replay it from fish tank and just let die Jayden there so that no one show up in the final chapter? Or I have to play it all again from the Hassan shop?

Edit: I played it from fish tank and Jayden died there, in the final there chapter was nobody and i got the trophy

Edited by MarioGiante

• 2 months later...
On 01/10/2020 at 0:33 AM, MarioGiante said:

I finished the game with Jayden alone fighting the killer and and I let him die but the trophy didn't pop. I'm 100% sure that I cleaned all the prints in the shop and Madison, Kramer, Hassan and Lauren died cause I played it on one longplay. It has sense to replay it from fish tank and just let die Jayden there so that no one show up in the final chapter? Or I have to play it all again from the Hassan shop?

Edit: I played it from fish tank and Jayden died there, in the final there chapter was nobody and i got the trophy

Yeah I think if Jayden makes it to the Old Warehouse, even if he dies there, the killer's identity/profile has already been uncovered by Jayden so its not the 'perfect crime'. That's my logic anyway.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

This trophy has definitely glitched for me along with All Endings trophy. I followed the Perfect Crime guide and it didn't pop at all. When I got to the end of that though the trophy for All Endings popped way before it was meant to as well? Has anyone else had this issue? I got all Endings on my second ending I guess. I did the one where everyone survives excepts you know who and then the PC one. I'm stumped.

I'm gonna have to do another Perfect Crime playthrough now for the one trophy but I have All Endings trophy. I don't want to get flagged for these glitchy trophies. I hope I don't get flagged because of this. I'm thinking some part glitched after a certain point. I can't remember what part but when one of the scenes switched after a decision. I got an error that shut down the game. When I reloaded the game it was at the next section but I'm thinking maybe it didn't register what I chose beforehand?

Why All Endings popped really early. I have no clue at all, maybe that's why? 

Edit: Okay so I figured where I went wrong with Perfect Crime. Madison was at the end so I had to go back and rectify that. The trophy popped after I did nothing with her in apartment and played the rest out. So I have the platinum now but it doesn't feel right because I still should have some more endings to do.

Edited by Fox