USB fan Speed Controller?

Martain2

Hi guys.

I'm currently using a USB fan near the back of my PS4 whilst gaming in the recent heatwave to help remove a lot of the hot air from the area that my console is in however as this is just a fairly cheap plastic USB fan it can be a little noisy on full speed, is it possible to buy an adapter to go between the PS4 and fan to control the speed and maybe set it to 50% or 75% speed? 

I am not sure if that helps even a little. First you need extra power for that fan, I assume it is connected to your PS4, that means that the console warms up bit more  because of extra power. Even if that doesn't sound like much it is probably enough to cancel the cooling out. And besides all you are doing is blowing slightly cooler air onto the cover, worse you don't even reach the critical components this way. The fan needs to be inside the case for that and directly where you want to cool the system.

Other then removing the cover of the PS4 completely it might be best to give your console enough room so it can vent the heat out and not choke to death on its own exhaust, so to speak. Or use a room ventilator instead of a small fan.