no plat... very sad

Naruto_Senju92

I mean it's a battle royale game. None of Fornite's trophies towards the platinum have to do with the BR part of it. If we're going to be talking about disappointment, the only thing disappointing about this trophy list is everything in this trophy list except one trophy has to be done in solos. I personally like playing duos or fives because it makes the game a lot more enticing.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, DuckSwimmer said:

I mean it's a battle royale game. None of Fornite's trophies towards the platinum have to do with the BR part of it. If we're going to be talking about disappointment, the only thing disappointing about this trophy list is everything in this trophy list except one trophy has to be done in solos. I personally like playing duos or fives because it makes the game a lot more enticing.

Fornite's list was made before the BR mode even existed. So it kind of makes sense that none of the BR stuff counts for the plat.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, soultaker655 said:

Because us trophy people don't matter to them. 1f622.png

But it's BR

which is literally the scum of the earth. I'd rather have platinums for real games instead of something like this. And bringing up Fornite again - their platinum consists of the save the world/campaign part of the game. If H1Z1 had that, then yeah go for it, although it doesn't which doesn't really justify why it should have one and I'm pretty sure this BR faze is going to faze out eventually.

Edit: ALSO all of these others responses about people not even knowing the game is still alive is another reason as well lmao.

Edited by DuckSwimmer

1 hour ago, Bumperklever said:

The culling 2.5

I didn't even know this game was still living.

1 hour ago, Paleblood said:

Isn't this game out since like... 2011?

I don't get multiplayer development sometimes. I'm too old for this shit.

J

1 hour ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Yeah, this dev team personifies incompetence.

A good friend of mine informs me that they've managed to botch up the game so much on PC that everyone has jumped ship and it's dying.

My excitement and anticipation for this has been killed tbh.

Seriously? Do none of you actually keep up with what's going on around you in terms of gaming? H1Z1 on the PS4 is a complete remake of the original PC game with all of the stupid crafting and time wasting events stripped out of it - H1Z1 is now a much faster paced BR game which is much shorter in terms of rounds compared to PUBG and Fortnite and pretty much guarantees you'll see people within minutes rather than having 20+ minutes of seeing nobody. 

The PC game is totally independent of this version and has nothing to do with this one. This came to open beta about a month ago, since then over 10m people have played it, and today it officially got released as a real game - still F2P but it can have microtransactions and trophies. In terms of the MTs though, it's the 'battle pass' for about five dollars, so a lot cheaper than the competition too. 

So yeah, ignore the PC version, this is nothing to do with that - brand new game build from scratch and this is where the devs are most likely going to concentrate their effort as it seems to be twice as popular as PUBG on the Xbox - and that's quite a bit. 

Back on topic though - I'm not a BR fan, I tried this and couldn't get into it - the whole not making any progress doesn't interest me. I would have thought there would have been a platinum but you have to have a certain amount of 'points' to get one and the rewards need to mirror the trophy you get - so maybe Sony didn't think the trophies were worth slapping a platinum on it?

54 minutes ago, turniplord said:

Seriously? Do none of you actually keep up with what's going on around you in terms of gaming?

Yes, but you can never know everything. Also I don't give a fuck about whack multiplayer games... so there's that.

But thanks for clarifying, learned a new thing there. 

54 minutes ago, turniplord said:

H1Z1 is now a much faster paced BR game which is much shorter in terms of rounds compared to PUBG and Fortnite and pretty much guarantees you'll see people within minutes rather than having 20+ minutes of seeing nobody.

I don't think it's realistically possible to not see another player for 20+ minutes in Fortnite btw. Don't you keep up with what's going around in terms of gaming? :ninja:

J

Edited by Paleblood
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Nitro said:

That's pretty laughable. Just cause it's Battle Royale it shouldn't have trophy lists? Next I'm sure you'll say games that are multiplayer only should have trophy lists either. 

Honestly mate, get a grip. Not every game has a "real" game is a game with a singleplayer campaign. I'm sure you would refer to games like Killing Floor 2, Evolve, Atomic Ninjas, Deformers, Drawn To Death, Warhawk, MAG, Socom and other such games that have no campaign are "literally scum of the earth" too? You type of people make me laugh.

Just stating my opinion, I didn’t know I wasn’t allowed to not have a popular opinion. :) No reason to get all salty. Fornite sparked something that everyone is starting to chain react to, even though H1Z1 was out longer. Also if you’d like me to explain why I find this game to be the scum is because first of all the kind of gameplay the game brings and also the community. Because I work at GameStop I deal with these kids on a daily basis and I’ve never had to deal with anyone as obnoxious as these people. - I’d prefer the kids that come in that wish to get GTA and have that whole scenario play out.

Please understand that I have a right to my own opinion and there’s a reason why I feel this way.

Thanks, have a wonderful day :)

6 hours ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Yeah, this dev team personifies incompetence.

A good friend of mine informs me that they've managed to botch up the game so much on PC that everyone has jumped ship and it's dying.

My excitement and anticipation for this has been killed tbh.

Well it is daybreak games. Aka formerly known as Sony Online Entertainment

7 hours ago, Paleblood said:

I don't think it's realistically possible to not see another player for 20+ minutes in Fortnite btw. Don't you keep up with what's going around in terms of gaming? :ninja:

J

I was talking about PUBG in regards to that comment - I should have clarified that. But thanks for pointing that out :)

22 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

That'd explain why it's going to shit then.

Why is it? It's at over 10m players since it came out about a month ago. What standard are you trying to place this game next to? I guess a successful dev can't please everyone...

• Like 1