Madden NFL 19 Thoughts?

MidnightDragon

Got the game free from MUTRewards which also granted early access so have had the game since last week and wrapped up the platinum on Saturday.  Could have done it faster but was mostly grinding MUT and not worrying about the trophies.  Plat was even easier than 18 since the Longshot trophies were even more straightforward this time.  I think only three are possibly missable which are the final grades and punt return.  The punt return allows you to retry it until you get it though so it would only be missed by selecting to not keep trying.  Failing it on the first attempt gives a negative grade which could impact the final grades but there were multiple times I got negative grades and was still over 80 with both characters.  Assuming it goes up to 100 so only needing 80 probably allows a lot of room for error.  I think the rest of the Longshot trophies were basically just for playing through it.  Can't say for sure though since all I know for sure is I got them all in one play through with no need for a branching save or anything so I think most people will get them easily.  It is also really short so you don't have to cringe through the story for long ?

As for other trophies it is copy and paste so not much to say.  There were no issues with doing full set in exhibition games like some people ran into last year.  The only two trophies that gave me issues were winning a MUT solo challenge and passing for a low TD pass.  The solo one didn't pop until my second solo so nothing major.  The low TD pass took multiple attempts.  All the times it didn't pop the pass was caught in the endzone while when it finally popped the pass was caught outside the endzone and then ran in.  So not sure if that makes a difference.  Oh and franchise gets to a certain year and locks up during simming.  Originally tried it with slightly altered rosters and got everything but the Tom Brady one and then my team fell apart so I was having to sim longer than normal when I discovered that.  With an all 99 team it was back to getting the Tom Brady Legacy trophy long before that season that glitches the simming so you probably won't run into it.  Also been a few updates since then including the day one patch so it might have been fixed.

Edited by Hayabusa85
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Madden 18 is quite cheap now, so get that if you’re a football fan and haven’t played it. 

Amazon is charging over $50 for a new copy and people are criticizing the hell out of it. 

That happens when when you have a monopoly on a sport, particularly Madden since nobody else can make NFL games.