Triple Crown Help

PhantomFear94

Hey Everyone

Madden seems as easy as the last 2 years, but for the life of me I can't get "Triple Crown" to work.

I think they must have nerfed the hit stick fumbles. With fumble sliders to 0, 2nd controller on All-Madden and an OP roster like the previousr guides have said, and I've have just 2 fumbles in around 3 hours....in the last 2 years, it would fumble 9 times out of 10 and it was just practise of recovering it with the same guy.

I feel I am doing something wrong...does anyone have any tips at all, please?

• Like 1

I did it the same way as last year, put your defense in prevent, and zone your d-line so you are the only person going after the ball, then put your 2nd controller in a fake punt pass play and hit the punter. They definitely nerfed the hit stick because even with fumbles on 0, I couldn't get the punter to fumble. So what I did to get the trophy was try stripping the ball (R1) while the punter was trying to throw it and that worked after the 5th try. Also make sure your controller is set to rookie and the 2nd to all madden and pull the punter away from the O-line enough to where they don't come close to recovering the fumble when it happens and try to use a 99 over roster where everyone has 99 tackle on the defense.  Hope this helps

Edited by kwas81
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, kwas81 said:

I did it the same way as last year, put your defense in prevent, and zone your d-line so you are the only person going after the ball, then put your 2nd controller in a fake punt pass play and hit the punter. They definitely nerfed the hit stick because even with fumbles on 0, I couldn't get the punter to fumble. So what I did to get the trophy was try stripping the ball (R1) while the punter was trying to throw it and that worked after the 5th try. Also make sure your controller is set to rookie and the 2nd to all madden and pull the punter away from the O-line enough to where they don't come close to recovering the fumble when it happens and try to use a 99 over roster where everyone has 99 tackle on the defense.  Hope this helps

I'll try this and report back.  What was the timing like?  Same time to throw and strip, or do you strip just before/after you go to throw?

• Like 1

One thing that pisses me off about this trophy is the fact that i can NEVER GET IT. I have friends that don't care about trophies at all and somehow they manage to get it 5 minutes after they get the game.  I'm still playing last years trying to get this stupid trophy too.

Edited by Easy_Duhz_It_
  • Like 1

I actually was able to do it again while chasing that stupid trophy where you have to win games with all 32 teams. I did it while playing with the regular Raiders and rushing with Khalil Mack, his first move can get by just about any O-lineman.  Theres a video from last year on youtube by a guy named M-Easy that details what I described in a previous post with the punter trick.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 9/4/2018 at 7:29 PM, PhantomFear94 said:

I actually ended up making a youtube guide for 1k+ views on it and did the TA walkthrough, so Im over the hump! haha, thanks all.  Ended up using an amalgamation of my own findings and help from others. 

This was a great guide, thanks! Took me about ten tries to get the ball to bounce around long enough so the same player could recover.... but the method causes a fumble pretty much every time.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/22/2021 at 10:48 PM, Circlestheclown said:

I figured out how to get it consistent, have the linebacker hit the punter from behind with the strip sack and he fumbles everytime

This is not working for me unless I’m doing it wrong. I’m hitting the Vikings’ punter with Foster (LB on 49ers) from behind with R1 (strip sack) and he’s never fumbled so far in 50+ plays. This is the platinum blocker for me. Does anyone have any consistent methods/tips?

EDIT: Finally worked for me after hours of trying. I used MEASY’s roster with Richard Sherman as CB and strip sacked (with R1) the second controller’s Vikings’ punter on a fake punt play. I set player fumble sliders were set to 0, and the key for me was editing the roster so the punter’s awareness was 0 and his traits were set to not hold onto the ball. 

Edited by jjjkur

• 1 month later...

Pro tip:

Make sure sliders for fumbles all the way down to 0 so fumbles happen a lot for single player.

If you have a friend to play with local or online (make sure Player Skill fumbles are also 0), have them roll out and run backwards with a QB  and then use the hit stick with a CB in the open field. This should also improve your chances of someone else not recovering the ball. I did it local and it only took about 5 mins with that method.

No need to do strip ball (R1) or any of that. Hit Stick is the best method to knock the ball loose! I hope this helps!

Good luck fellow trophy hunters!