New User site limitations

Hi all, I made a new user this morning, was in the process of copying a inprogress guide across but I'm getting held-up with new user limitations so just hoping for some info on them. I've had a little look on here, but can't find any info on it

Basically just need to know;

1. How long till I can post in Forums (currently as soon as I go into the forums, I get logged out)

2.Once I can get into the forums, what are limitations connected to post numbers??

3. Limitations I must cover before I can write a guide (currently the guide creation link isnt available on game pages)

4. Are there any limits connected to Trophy counts?? (I don't have any trophies on it at the mo, and planned to put a guide out first before playing a game on it)

5. Any other new user limits I need to know off but haven't mentioned

Thanks guys

6 minutes ago, optimusmart said:

Hi all, I made a new user this morning, was in the process of copying a inprogress guide across but I'm getting held-up with new user limitations so just hoping for some info on them. I've had a little look on here, but can't find any info on it

Basically just need to know;

1. How long till I can post in Forums (currently as soon as I go into the forums, I get logged out)

2.Once I can get into the forums, what are limitations connected to post numbers??

3. Limitations I must cover before I can write a guide (currently the guide creation link isnt available on game pages)

4. Are there any limits connected to Trophy counts?? (I don't have any trophies on it at the mo, and planned to put a guide out first before playing a game on it)

5. Any other new user limits I need to know off but haven't mentioned

Thanks guys

1. You should be able to post in all forums, except the Giveaways. That one requires 25 posts.
  2. See above.
  3. There are no post limits for guides, but there's a trophy requirement: you need to have a trophy unlocked and synced, then update your profile here in order to create a guide.
  4. See above.
  5. Nothing comes to mind except for a post requirement to change your member title, but it seems you haven't changed it on this account, so that's probably not going to be an issue with the new account.

I hope this helps.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:
  1. You should be able to post in all forums, except the Giveaways. That one requires 25 posts.
  2. See above.
  3. There are no post limits for guides, but there's a trophy requirement: you need to have a trophy unlocked and synced, then update your profile here in order to create a guide.
  4. See above.
  5. Nothing comes to mind except for a post requirement to change your member title, but it seems you haven't changed it on this account, so that's probably not going to be an issue with the new account.

I hope this helps.

It helps a bunch :)!

1-2. Not sure why then, I'd log in, click on forums and the forum page would open but i'd be logged out. I'd then click on log in from forum page and it will automatically send me to the homepage but I would now be logged in. I will just keep trying, maybe the server hadn't quite updated or something because it was literally a few mins after I created a new account PSN account and a account for this website

3-4. Oh ok, didn't really wanna hit any trophies yet as I was planning and saving the new account to speedrun my guide games, AI was gonna be the first. I also wanna have a clean trophy list, 100% everything.....maybe I will quickly plat one of the games I've recently made a guide for. It's just I wanted to get the AI guide done first before I get distracted

5. No, not really bothered about cosmetics and profile stuff, just wanna push content out and play games ;)

Theres some kind of restriction on new accounts for posts per day. I could only reply to 2 or 3 things a day for a week or two. After that the reply box on the flrums went away. If I attempted a private message, it would say I exceeded my post limit for a 24 hour period and nit send those either.

3 minutes ago, optimusmart said:

3-4. Oh ok, didn't really wanna hit any trophies yet as I was planning and saving the new account to speedrun my guide games, AI was gonna be the first. I also wanna have a clean trophy list, 100% everything.....maybe I will quickly plat one of the games I've recently made a guide for. It's just I wanted to get the AI guide done first before I get distracted

May want to correct this. You don't have to earn any trophies for the games, you just have to load the games to your profile and they have to show up on here. E.g. for testing purposes I just decided to start a guide for Need for Speed: Payback and it worked even though I didn't earn any trophy for it.

Spoiler

Guide:

8x7fNQS.png

My trophies:

ai5y0dU.png

So if you want to write a guide, just load the games on your profile and sync them without earning a trophy and then play another game so those 0%-games show up on PSNProfiles, too.

18 minutes ago, BigHonkingOne said:

Theres some kind of restriction on new accounts for posts per day. I could only reply to 2 or 3 things a day for a week or two. After that the reply box on the flrums went away. If I attempted a private message, it would say I exceeded my post limit for a 24 hour period and nit send those either.

Ok thanks, good to know, basically I will be limited for 1st mth or so. Wont be posting much to.begin.anyway, will take a while to transition between accounts

18 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

May want to correct this. You don't have to earn any trophies for the games, you just have to load the games to your profile and they have to show up on here. E.g. for testing purposes I just decided to start a guide for Need for Speed: Payback and it worked even though I didn't earn any trophy for it.

Hide contents

Guide:

8x7fNQS.png

My trophies:

ai5y0dU.png

So if you want to write a guide, just load the games on your profile and sync them without earning a trophy and then play another game so those 0%-games show up on PSNProfiles, too.

Oh I know, Dragon just said I need at least 1 Trophy on my account, not the game!

2 minutes ago, optimusmart said:

Oh I know, Dragon just said I need at least 1 Trophy on my account, not the game!

I guess there's a little misunderstanding.

To be able to write a guide you need to have that specific trophy list on your account, otherwise the button for creating a guide won't be shown to you. BUT you don't have to earn any trophy in that specific trophy list.

What @Dragon-Archon meant is that you have to earn at least one trophy in the game you want to write a guide for. At least that's what I assume.

15 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

I guess there's a little misunderstanding.

To be able to write a guide you need to have that specific trophy list on your account, otherwise the button for creating a guide won't be shown to you. BUT you don't have to earn any trophy in that specific trophy list.

What @Dragon-Archon meant is that you have to earn at least one trophy in the game you want to write a guide for. At least that's what I assume.

8 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Yeah, that's what I meant.

Oh, ok guys, I though Dragon meant I jus need 1 Trophy on my account

So rather than needing a Trophy for the game in question, I just need the game in my profile, either way will make it the guide option appear

I will just load the game up and sync the trophies at 0% like u say Crimson

Thanks guys

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, optimusmart said:

Oh, ok guys, I though Dragon meant I jus need 1 Trophy on my account

So rather than needing a Trophy for the game in question, I just need the game in my profile, either way will make it the guide option appear

I will just load the game up and sync the trophies at 0% like u say Crimson

Thanks guys

If you want to add 0% game to your profile, you still need to obtain at least 1 trophy in any game to add it. Otherwise PSNP won't detect the changes.

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

If you want to add 0% game to your profile, you still need to obtain at least 1 trophy in any game to add it. Otherwise PSNP won't detect the changes.

Ok, think I may just quickly plat Claire

Its a quick plat and I can try to beat the 100% record of 1hr22m, not sure if I stand a chance though because I dont remember the route so will be using the guide a bit, slowing my time. Guess wont be far off though

Thanks again, know what I need to do now

• 2 years later...