Stats and Rankings of my friends

1 hour ago, TeeKayOne2009 said:

Hello,

I wanted to check the stats and rankings of some of my PlayStation friends. The problem is that I could not find them. Is it important to be registrated on your site?

No. What's important is their profile must not be private.

• Like 1

as @reckscollie said. The first important thing is for their trophy information not to be private. Trophy list are public by default but it can be changed in the privacy settings on a PS4. (Not sure about PS3). Then they need to be tracked by psnprofiles itself. You can do this by filling in their name on the home screen and press update. Then simply head over to their profile and press the 'Compare' button on the right. Hope this helps.

This got me thinking. Is there a way for the site to import the friend list of someone's account, if they've set it to public? In the same way PSNP can read trophy info based on privacy settings?

A friends' leader-board would be so much more appealing and meaningful than the overall one competing against team accounts, cheaters and no-lifers. IMO.

Although I can see this potentially take up a lot of resources, but is it something others would be interested in or just na? I'm sure you could then have various stats analysis too amongst your friends, like average rarity, completion ratio, plat count etc etc.

Also going off on a bit of a tangent (should probably make a new thread for this), but would it be possible to implement some kind of calendar event system tied to events and competitions? So for those who register/sign up to said event, as soon as it goes live, all their progress is automatically tracked from the start of the event. Sort of like a live event leaderboard kinda thing...

I'm not sure if your forum engine is equipped to deal with that request but I'm sure most of the community on here would love something like that (especially event hosts).

@BlindMango @Sly Ripper Would something like either of the above be viable?

Edited by Zolkovo
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Years ago we used to automatically pull friends list data and have friend stats on the site. Right before privacy settings were being added to PSN, Sony requested that uhh... we kindly not pull friend data from PSN anymore, lol

You used to be able to see friends trophy progress in the sidebar of games and stuff like that. I've always wanted to see the ability to manually add friends on the site someday since it can't be done automatically anymore, and see the cool friend features come back with that, but that would be something Sly would have to do

Yes please.

18 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Years ago we used to automatically pull friends list data and have friend stats on the site. Right before privacy settings were being added to PSN, Sony requested that uhh... we kindly not pull friend data from PSN anymore, lol

You used to be able to see friends trophy progress in the sidebar of games and stuff like that. I've always wanted to see the ability to manually add friends on the site someday since it can't be done automatically anymore, and see the cool friend features come back with that, but that would be something Sly would have to do

Ah damn what a shame! One thing I can think of to circumvent Sony's concerns is by using PSNP's own friendship system (as you suggested) or even use the existing follower system or something to that effect. That would work right, especially if the infrastructure for it is already in place? Are there other concerns/obstacles preventing this sort of thing from being pushed up the pipeline?

Edited by Zolkovo