Threat Neutralized

neobowler

Any advice on the Threat Neutralized trophy? I can get to the last wave sometimes without being hit, but the last wave always gets me.

I read about a glitch where you can get it even if you do get a couple hits, I could not figure that out. Also someone said to save after every wave, well it seems to bring you back to the start everytime and wont let you save after every wave.

So looking for any advice on it?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just confirming touch pad method is your savior. Anyone who does this without the touch pad method it's possible with some luck and I envy your patience. I have done it successfully  4 out of 6 times for fun without taking damage using the touch pad method and only 1 out of 15 tries using directional pad. Learn the patterns and then tap (don't click) on the mouse pad rapidly as you use your other finger to slide across, you have infinite ammo for this section so there's no reason to worry about accuracy over speed. Good luck

• Like 2

I've only played the game on my Vita and have most trophies except for the plat, 3 alt endings and Iron ROM. I could have gotten Iron ROM if the game didn't crash during the maze puzzle at the end.

This trophy was easy compared the arcade one. 

You can spam shots and have no reloading to worry about. The flying ones take 2 hits and the walking mechs take 3. If you press the shoot button fast enough you can probably take them all out by concentrating on the top row.

Edited by TJ_Solo

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard a few people say "Threat Neutralized" is near-impossible on PS4, especially when using the D-pad, so I uploaded a video to prove otherwise. Personally, I found using the touchpad to be much more difficult, as the game often becomes unresponsive to it, and the cursor speed is uncontrollable.

I memorized each phase, and tried to fire only the required number of shots to destroy the given enemy type (1 for small, 2 for flying, 3 for large), before immediately moving to the next. You can't afford to waste much time firing at a dead bot. Also, don't press the X button too quickly, or the game won't respond. Half of this is luck, since they attack and move randomly.

All in all, there's no need to let this trophy put you off of attempting the platinum for this game on console, despite what some have said. It's clunky, but just takes some practice, and a bit of luck. Anyway, here's the video:

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Update: I could never get the Touchpad to work on this very well. I literally took a break from it. A couple month break. Came back to it and figured out the Touchpad well and did it in about 20 tries. So definitely can confirm is not impossible, just very hard, mainly because of the randomness of the AI. I dont know how anyone could do it with the D-Pad.

Edited by neobowler
  • Like 2

On 11/20/2018 at 5:16 PM, neobowler said:

Update: I could never get the Touchpad to work on this very well. I literally took a break from it. A couple month break. Came back to it and figured out the Touchpad well and did it in about 20 tries. So definitely can confirm is not impossible, just very hard, mainly because of the randomness of the AI. I dont know how anyone could do it with the D-Pad.

For me it was the other way around:

I could never figure out the controls of the touchpad (especially the shooting) so I used the d-pad. I didn't count but I would guess that I also needed about 20 tries till I got lucky enough to shoot the right robot at the right time.

So in conclusion: When you lack the skill (like I did) you can get the trophy with enough perseverance.

• Like 1

I did this with the d-pad recently, couldn't actually figure out how to shoot with the touch pad. At first I was playing with no sound and getting nowhere but as soon as I turned the sound on & figured out the timing for shots I got it really quickly. The game is a total prick about pressing the shot button too fast but if you can work with that it's really easy to get threat neutralised. For d-pad users just turn the sound on, use audio cues to figure out the ideal timing for consecutive shots & keep trying till you get a sequence where the enemies play nice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I got it after about 10 tries with the D-Pad. After a couple failed tries with the D-Pad, I read this thread and tried the touchpad about 3 times and thought **** that. Like people mentioned, make sure you don't press to shoot too fast or you'll just end up shooting slower. The shooting pattern @Scarecrowsfate uses on the last wave in his video works very well.

Edited by Windex-Qc-

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I started this game on PS4, but got stuck on cardinal of combat trophy. Was absolutely terrible. I don’t even remember how many times I tried before giving up. I even had my bf try it. Got it like my third try on vita. Just did threat neutralized on vita as well. I used the dpad for the first 4 attempts then went for the touch screen. Got it on my second touch screen try. I would say don’t try to plat this game unless you have a vita as a backup. If I didn’t have it, this would still be sitting on my list barely completed. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Damn this trophy was rage inducing I got it after maybe 50 attempts, never could figure the touchpad so I did it kinda the hard way.

It's mostly luck but if you shoot the enemies while they attack, or leave them one hit away from kill they stun and give you some time.

• 4 months later...

For people struggling with this trophy and not having a PS Vita, downgrade to 1.00 (see the guide on here how to).

Basically the latest patch (1.11) makes it impossible to fire rapidly with the X button and the D-pad seems sluggish. 

This is not a problem on 1.00. However, there are a few downsides:

1) You can't use any save files from 1.11, you even have to delete all of them. The game will freeze whenever Turing starts a dialogue when you start from a 1.11 save, even when you start a new game and 1.11 saves are present on your system. (Be sure to back up existing save files before deleting, just in case)

2) The skip dialogue option is not available (triangle button won't do a thing), so be prepared that this is going to be a slow playthrough. Don't combine it with Iron Rom either, because the game crashed on me near the end in the part where you open & close the doors. 

3) You can't save just before the part where you have to shoot the enemies, the save will put you back just before you enter the sewers, so you have to do that part each time when you reload the save.

I was struggling to do this with the touchpad on 1.11 and I think i got in in 3 tries using the d-pad/left analog stick on 1.00.

(You could probably also use this for the Cardinal Of Combat trophy, but I got that after a few tries on 1.11.)

• 2 years later...