Perfect Profile

Matrim_Drasgen

31 minutes ago, JoocyMan said:

What would be considered a truly "hard" game to you, then? A game truly worthy of putting your 100% at risk? Isn't it all relative?

I'd been interested in "The Evil Within" for a really long time, but I'd always put it off because I was terrible at survival horror and shooters in general, be they first or third person. Eventually though, I decided to take the plunge on this game that was not only way out of my comfort zone but also notoriously difficult, and I came out of it with a plat, a great experience, and a newfound liking for an entire genre I used to dislike! My aim and reaction time in games had always been horrible, but by the end of it all I was pulling off 3-shot-3-kills in seconds on invisible enemies: something I never thought I'd see myself doing.

I say all of this because even though to a lot of people on this site and maybe even this thread the plat for "The Evil Within" is "2ez bro i can speedrun it twice with my eyes closed in 30 minutes", it was literally the most difficult trophy I've ever attempted, and I went into it knowing it was a hard example of a game that belongs to one of my weakest game genres. So while to me it was a very proud, risk-taking accomplishment, to some here it's probably just another "hard, but not really" thing. What, then, is a universally accepted "prove your worth" game? Is there even one? Is it cracking the code to Attacking Zegeta?? Somehow I feel like people here would still be unimpressed by whoever pulls off that miracle.

100% profile completion has always been a goal of mine even if it was never actually something I aspired to do. It just seemed like the natural thought progression from "collect all the trophies in the game" to "collect all the trophies in all the games"; it's always been the end goal without me really noticing it. I think this might be the case with most fellow trophy hunters, and I don't see why there's this stigma behind the whole thing. Sure, I personally don't want to play a bunch of games I'm not interested in just for the trophies, but even that takes its own form of dedication. Even if it didn't, maybe these same people simply derive pleasure from seeing those full 100% bars when looking through their trophy list. In any case, if everything is subjective and no game can ever be said to truly test a player's worth and risk their precious 100%, then it almost feels like that mindset invalidates being proud of trophy hunting. If a trophy is easy to someone out there, then it, and by extension all, should be considered easy? I don't agree.

To bring it back: what, can we all agree on, is a game that is a true challenge, no matter the player?

That's easy, the Wolfenstein 2 100%

1 hour ago, Cellcrash1991 said:

I also refuse to lose to games and believe me, I will always try to go for a trophy, but sometimes you have to admit when a game has beaten you. And that point is different for every person.
Gaming should be fun, not frustrating. I like a challenge in a game, but what's the point for trying days, weeks or even months just to earn 1 stupid (bronze) trophy with a description that leaves no room for error or even a luck-based one? On that moment, I'll always choose a fun time above a frustrating time, quit and move on. 

Oh, I absolutely agree with that! The point I disagreed with you on is that having a 100% profile means cherry-picking games, and if that's what you're doing then that's wrong. I completely agree that you should enjoy your time spent on gaming, or what's the point in playing?

"Play the games you want to play" was the message I was trying to get across. Whether someone wants to spend days/weeks/months getting trophies on said games is their choice, but you shouldn't avoid a game just because you don't like the look of the trophies. Play it and move on if that's what you want to play, don't just decide not to play a game you know you'll love just because you won't be able to get 100% in it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, x1001x_Puppys said:

Perfect profile checking in! 100/100 games completed.

I have a pretty decent variety of games on my profile. Easy/hard, long/short, even enjoyable/shitty. I still play games that I want to play or my friends recommend, but I avoid games that are nearly impossible to complete. Wolfenstein II comes to mind, Mein Liben would be hell and I don't want to do that. But that's what an alt account is for. I just have to make sure to complete anything multiplayer-related in a timely manner, and avoid games with glitched trophies. If I ever get a game on release that I really want to play, and it has an unobtainable trophy, that's the only way I see myself losing 100%.

DLC is also the bane of my existence, unless it's for a game I really enjoyed. Most of the time I give up waiting for a sale on the DLC because I hate seeing uncompleted games on my profile.

In that case I dare you to plat Vanquish, Mirror's Edge, Super Meat Boy, and Ninja Gaiden :awesome: .

40 minutes ago, JoocyMan said:

What would be considered a truly "hard" game to you, then? A game truly worthy of putting your 100% at risk? Isn't it all relative?

I'd been interested in "The Evil Within" for a really long time, but I'd always put it off because I was terrible at survival horror and shooters in general, be they first or third person. Eventually though, I decided to take the plunge on this game that was not only way out of my comfort zone but also notoriously difficult, and I came out of it with a plat, a great experience, and a newfound liking for an entire genre I used to dislike! My aim and reaction time in games had always been horrible, but by the end of it all I was pulling off 3-shot-3-kills in seconds on invisible enemies: something I never thought I'd see myself doing.

I say all of this because even though to a lot of people on this site and maybe even this thread the plat for "The Evil Within" is "2ez bro i can speedrun it twice with my eyes closed in 30 minutes", it was literally the most difficult trophy I've ever attempted, and I went into it knowing it was a hard example of a game that belongs to one of my weakest game genres. So while to me it was a very proud, risk-taking accomplishment, to some here it's probably just another "hard, but not really" thing. What, then, is a universally accepted "prove your worth" game? Is there even one? Is it cracking the code to Attacking Zegeta?? Somehow I feel like people here would still be unimpressed by whoever pulls off that miracle.

100% profile completion has always been a goal of mine even if it was never actually something I aspired to do. It just seemed like the natural thought progression from "collect all the trophies in the game" to "collect all the trophies in all the games"; it's always been the end goal without me really noticing it. I think this might be the case with most fellow trophy hunters, and I don't see why there's this stigma behind the whole thing. Sure, I personally don't want to play a bunch of games I'm not interested in just for the trophies, but even that takes its own form of dedication. Even if it didn't, maybe these same people simply derive pleasure from seeing those full 100% bars when looking through their trophy list. In any case, if everything is subjective and no game can ever be said to truly test a player's worth and risk their precious 100%, then it almost feels like that mindset invalidates being proud of trophy hunting. If a trophy is easy to someone out there, then it, and by extension all, should be considered easy? I don't agree.

To bring it back: what, can we all agree on, is a game that is a true challenge, no matter the player?

IMO there are always going to be people that have played a game so much, they can do even the hardest thing faster or make it look easy. A good example would be this gamer that makes tactical challenge #6 looks like a walk in the park.

Spoiler

It's by far one of the hardest things I've done and spent more than a month (about 1-2 hours every day) trying to beat it and even then my completion time was a little over 22 minutes. However, that's what it basically boils down to: practice. I'm certain it took him/her a lot of effort to beat it the first time too as there are no exploits, shortcuts, or other methods to make this easier nor any RNG to mess things up. Only the player's skill matters. The game itself is very doable, even on hard. The only difficult things are challenge #4 and #6.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

41 minutes ago, JoocyMan said:

Slyde

10 minutes ago, Smzthy said:

No, that's laughable.

7 minutes ago, Dark said:

Thats a pretty weak challenge at this point.

Na I disagree. Furthermore, there are a lot more games that would also qualify including the much more difficult Crypt of the Necrodancer. Just gave Wolfenstein as an example, there are plenty. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dragon-Archon said:

How come? I remember people claiming it to be very hard and someone actually started a petition to change the trophy's requirement, but this was shortly after the release.

Lots of easy strategies and exploits for the main game. DLC you (apparently) only have to do the final level of each for Mein Leben and they're easier than main game. 

21 hours ago, Sergen said:

100% completion doesn't mean the profile is perfect. Most profiles that have 100% completion don't take any risks with the games they do and stick to really easy games that anyone can do. I'd much rather see a trophy list that has 50% completion with 500 ultra rare trophies than one with 100% completion and 100 ultra rare trophies. I'd only be impressed if they had some games that take time and effort to get but most people just aren't impressed by the whole idea of a "perfect profile". My own profile has 100% potential but I'm too lazy to go back to old shit at the moment but maybe some day I'll finish off what I need. 

Remember, sometimes a trophy listed as rare on PSN PROFILES may be an ultra rare trophy in the entire PSN for those that don't use this website to clock in their stats. Ex: Last of Us Remastered has an ultra rare platinum of 0.5% in the entire PSN, but on PSN Profiles it is 5.23% very rare. 

2 minutes ago, Seskinator said:

Remember, sometimes a trophy listed as rare on PSN PROFILES may be an ultra rare trophy in the entire PSN for those that don't use this website to clock in their stats. Ex: Last of Us Remastered has an ultra rare platinum of 0.5% in the entire PSN, but on PSN Profiles it is 5.23% very rare. 

That applies for nearly every game. It's an oddity when a list has a higher % on psn. 

Edited by Gage
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

How come? I remember people claiming it to be very hard and someone actually started a petition to change the trophy's requirement, but this was shortly after the release.

By now there’s so many strategies, tips and guides you can follow which makes it a lot less difficult than it would be going in blind. I was happy to be 2nd achiever on this site, but doing the trophy itself was easily going to come with time. Since everything in that game has set patterns, it’s all easily exploitable if you take the time to practice. That petition was probably one of the lowest things I’ve seen a member of this site do, and the response from MachineGames was funny. 

Games like Necrodancer and the DJMAX 100% are a true challenge. Of course there’s more, but these are currently 2 of the hardest psn has to offer.

Edited by Dark
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gage said:

Lots of easy strategies and exploits for the main game. DLC you (apparently) only have to do the final level of each for Mein Leben and they're easier than main game. 

2 minutes ago, Dark said:

By now there’s so many strategies, tips and guides you can follow which makes it a lot less difficult than it would be going in blind. I was happy to be 2nd achiever on this site, but doing the trophy itself was easily going to come with time. Since everything in that game has set patterns, it’s all easily exploitable if you take the time to practice. That petition was probably one of the lowest things I’ve seen a member of this site do, and the response from MachineGames was funny. 

Games like Necrodancer and the DJMAX 100% are a true challenge. Of course there’s more, but these are currently 2 of the hardest psn has to offer.

Ah ok, thanks for the info.

53 minutes ago, Seskinator said:

This website is designed for trophy hunters to track their profile, so the stats will reflect a lot of that, PSN counts everyone including hackers and casual players and hidden trophy lists, so PSN rarity is irrelevant. At least you know when a trophy is below 1% on this website then there's a good chance it's not gonna be a short one to get, there are some exceptions but it's not very simple to get a 0.1% trophy according to this website's rarity. 

1 hour ago, JoocyMan said:

Although a lot of these games are exploitable to a degree, I'd still say these are what you should try if you want to grow your profile's e-penis, there are more than this, they're just ones I can think of at this moment...

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (vita)

Persona 4 Arena

Raiden IV

Cloudberry Kingdom

Street Fighter IV

Super Street Fighter IV

Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Crypt of the NecroDancer

Super Meat Boy

Unfortunately the one game I'd tell a bunch of completionists and ultra rare whores to try would have been Gran Turismo 5 (unobtainable now), as I still consider it as my most difficult platinum because like you in regards to The Evil Within, racing games aren't a strong genre for me. Fighting games were also very bad for me in the past, but I am now quite glad to play more of them as it's a genre that grew on me. A lot of people will also say Injustice: Gods Among Us is incredibly difficult but I consider it to be the most simple fighting game platinum that is below 1% rarity, it has hyper inflated rarity because it's a more popular game than other fighting games due to the fact that it's a DC universe game and it was on PS+ before. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and Ninja Gaiden 3 would have been difficult but everyone who does those games conveniently finds someone to carry them with the online co-op missions and they do it with ease, but then they hype it up to look good to other trophy hunters. 

Also, I'm not intending to come across as an elitist about trophies, I don't think anyone is a god-like gamer over what trophies they did, there's more to gaming than trophy hunting. But when a profile is considered "perfect", they have to do some trophies that other people are going to look at and think "nice, they finished that game" and when they keep their completion at 100% with some of the games I listed above, it's more of a way to validate their completion rate as being good. A profile with 100% completion with Slyde, My Name is Mayo and a bunch of skipped VNs with like 20 ultra rare trophies and 200 platinums isn't going to impress anyone. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sergen said:

This website is designed for trophy hunters to track their profile, so the stats will reflect a lot of that, PSN counts everyone including hackers and casual players and hidden trophy lists, so PSN rarity is irrelevant. At least you know when a trophy is below 1% on this website then there's a good chance it's not gonna be a short one to get, there are some exceptions but it's not very simple to get a 0.1% trophy according to this website's rarity. 

You have a good point. Obviously dedicated trophy hunters (majority of them at least) have heard or seen this site and are drawn to it. So looking at PSN statistics probably doesn't mean much when you not focusing on only the dedicated trophy hunter population. 

I completely forgot about hackers and hidden trophy lists. 

Again, shouldn't have used the term Perfect Profile for 100% completion and 0 unearned trophies. Great to see a lot of people give their opinions on the subject. I still think it is cool and impressive to see a 100% completion profile. Something I won't earn but love playing the games I do and do as much as I can, in and out of the trophy list.

Plus, this really has helped me get traffic to my profile and get some new friends. Win-win. Have an idea for couple orher topics but I dont want to keep causing controversy and become 'that guy'. ?

Edited by Matrim_Drasgen

2 hours ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

Again, shouldn't have used the term Perfect Profile for 100% completion and 0 unearned trophies. Great to see a lot of people give their opinions on the subject. I still think it is cool and impressive to see a 100% completion profile. Something I won't earn but love playing the games I do and do as much as I can, in and out of the trophy list.

Plus, this really has helped me get traffic to my profile and get some new friends. Win-win. Have an idea for couple orher topics but I dont want to keep causing controversy and become 'that guy'. 1f60f.png

I think to a lot of us, it's also a bit cringey for you to say it was an honour to see the profile, because you're treating someone too well for something so insignificant. No trophy hunter is special solely for the trophies they get and doing trophies is just a way to really show off with minor effort because no trophy makes you become a pro at the game to do it and most games are highly exploitable. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Sergen said:

I think to a lot of us, it's also a bit cringey for you to say it was an honour to see the profile, because you're treating someone too well for something so insignificant. No trophy hunter is special solely for the trophies they get and doing trophies is just a way to really show off with minor effort because no trophy makes you become a pro at the game to do it and most games are highly exploitable. 

U have a nice profile  u should get your 100% some day.    U should do battle fantasia hard ass fighting game.   

The amount of sensitivity and subjective notions in this thread are astounding. 

Get the fuck over it. You got Wolfenstein II 100 percent? Awesome. Fantastic. 

Super Meat Boy done? Another pat on the back for you. Vanquish? You already done what most people gave up on. 

Crypt of the Necrodancer? A round of respect for you all who done it.

Just get the fuck over it. I don’t let difficult games judge who I am as a gamer, someone who has been playing games for far longer than trophies even existed. 

We’ve become so judgemental over Ultra Rares, the possibility of 100 percent completion and looking ‘good’ that I almost fell flat on my face reading some of these comments. 

And since video games are the most popular entertainment medium today, someone will probably come along and show off a more impressive trophy list, or shows great dedication and skill in games that less than 1 percent of all people on PSNPROFILES would even go for anyway.

• Like 4

As someone that 100% is impossible for(servers closed, DLC delisted, DLC not released), I still strive to get the highest completion rating possible. I've amassed 416 UR trophies, but honestly, sometimes I'm amazed some of them are considered ultra rare, so I don't think that's the best indicator of skill.

I think what makes a great profile is diversity and not being full of stacked game trophies. While you do have to work just as hard for stack trophies, in most cases, is there really anything to brag about doing it twice? I did it for a few games and didn't feel like it should be a thing.

I play games I enjoy which tend to be longer RPG games and try to avoid fighting and racing games because those are my weakness.

The perfect profile is just an opinion.

• Like 4

On 8/8/2018 at 5:47 PM, Sergen said:

100% completion doesn't mean the profile is perfect. Most profiles that have 100% completion don't take any risks with the games they do and stick to really easy games that anyone can do. I'd much rather see a trophy list that has 50% completion with 500 ultra rare trophies than one with 100% completion and 100 ultra rare trophies. I'd only be impressed if they had some games that take time and effort to get but most people just aren't impressed by the whole idea of a "perfect profile". My own profile has 100% potential but I'm too lazy to go back to old shit at the moment but maybe some day I'll finish off what I need. 

I like to get 100% on everything I own (not just trophies but in-game content aswell) & I only buy & games I like. I get where your coming from with 100% profiles targeting easy games but that doesn't suit me at all. My next platinum is my 70th & it will also be my 77th 100% (I'm currently on 76). At one point I had around 10 uncompleted games but I worked my way back through it to get my 100%.

Feel free to have a look what I've played but excluding the 2 Tell Tale games that I played purely for enjoyment, I wouldn't say many of them are easy.

To add to this, trophies that are my worst nightmare are online trophies that require multiple players such as Destiny's Flawless Raider or GTAV's Criminal Masterminds. Speedruns? I'll give it a go. Hardest possible difficulty? Sure, bring it on. 100% completion? Right up my street.

But multiplayer requirements I hate. I don't have many people on my friends list as is & should I need to find people to work with for a trophy, that is the worst for me.

Edited by Rattamauled
Update.