Perfect Profile

Matrim_Drasgen

Easy games doesn't mean bad. The Order: 1886 was a great game. Amazing story, good action, and fun. It was just very simple, short, and easier than most. It is also one of the first PS4 games and I wonder how that played into the game's creation  I was going to get the game right off the bat but was told how short it was. So I got Thief instead as I waited for Dragon Age: Inquisition to come in the mail. I ended up getting The Order when PS Store had a major sale on the game. As trophy hunter it was perfect. Fast plat and no bronze trophies. Great to add some number and points to the resume. Always hope there will be a sequel or even prequel.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Spaz said:

I am fully aware of this. Don’t go saying that I didn’t bother to look at their profiles at all which I have. 

I feel rankings on the leaderboards are pointless because it comes down to how much money you have. Corndog698 posted a series of videos on YouTube where he interviewed some of the top trophy hunters. What I mostly got out of them is “How much money can you spend” and “We’ll guide you through the Japanese visual novels”.

A majority of their games consist of countless stacks of easy games, with a few medium to difficult games done here and there. 

The guy from Hong Kong will beat out Roughdawg4 eventually. 

But of course we probably know that those high ranking accounts are probably team accounts. So yeah, no point in even trying to go for that high rank.

Play the games you want to play, and do your best to complete the ones you have. 

Its funny you mention the easy japan guides, because some of those top people like RD actually write all those japan trophy guides for others to play. I don't know how many he has written but he has probably done the most out of everyone, some of which are not that easy to write.

And there are sites, one of which I am a member of, that you can easily trade and borrow games from others at a minimal to no cost.  So you do not have to be a team to be at the top.  Work smarter not harder :)

As for the Hong Kong guy, i mean he will eventually beat everyone.  The guy has dropped about $200,000 on trophies so far so he should be #1 shortly assuming he does not run out of money.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Spaz said:

I am fully aware of this. Don’t go saying that I didn’t bother to look at their profiles at all which I have. 

I think the reason this was said because you went out of your way to mention hakoom and rough specifically, citing that their profiles were all easy games, when in fact, they're not.

For me there is no perfect collection, there are respectable collections. And trophy collections that are all about bumping up their trophy count. A good collection is one that doesn't resort to playing trash games, stuff like a lot of the older licensed games like Hannah Montana or stuff like Ride to Hell: Retribution. I can understand if you want to play those games, for youtube videos or reviews, or morbid curiosity. But do that on a dedicated account for playing games. I've got more respect for an account that played a lot of easy games, but had fun doing it, than an account that's full of bad games, someone grinded through, just to up their trophy count.

10 hours ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

Easy games doesn't mean bad. The Order: 1886 was a great game. Amazing story, good action, and fun. It was just very simple, short, and easier than most. It is also one of the first PS4 games and I wonder how that played into the game's creation  I was going to get the game right off the bat but was told how short it was. So I got Thief instead as I waited for Dragon Age: Inquisition to come in the mail. I ended up getting The Order when PS Store had a major sale on the game. As trophy hunter it was perfect. Fast plat and no bronze trophies. Great to add some number and points to the resume. Always hope there will be a sequel or even prequel.

An easy platinum doesn't mean it's a bad game, this is true. The Godfather II and X-Men Origins: Wolverine are both easy, movie licensed games. They are also foremost, games. That are enjoyable to play through. Full Throttle, The Little Acre and Day of the Tentacle are easy games to platinum, but they're all enjoyable point and click experiences. Even The First two being somewhat short though. The Order 1886 though, eh it looks alright, but nothing I need to play unfortunately.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

The Order 1886 mostly got backlash because of it's very short length, and the fact they wanted to charge $60 for it when it came out.

For $10 - 15, the game is great for what it offers. Still isn't that particularly good, especially with the way they handled the monsters and how the lead character is cut off from his old comrades because of betrayal, but it's worth the 5 - 6 hours.

I'm talking more specifically on games like Orc Slayer and seeing a dozen stacks of Letter. Orc Slayer was bad enough playing it once, and it's probably the worst game I have on my profile. But when people go the extra mile and decide to stack it, I have to question them why.

I did this with Sound Shapes, it just feels really cheap that someone would do this to so many games out there. Obviously bad games that people buy specifically for the platinum and finish them within a couple hours.

7 hours ago, PViddy said:

Its funny you mention the easy japan guides, because some of those top people like RD actually write all those japan trophy guides for others to play. I don't know how many he has written but he has probably done the most out of everyone, some of which are not that easy to write.

And there are sites, one of which I am a member of, that you can easily trade and borrow games from others at a minimal to no cost.  So you do not have to be a team to be at the top.  Work smarter not harder :)

As for the Hong Kong guy, i mean he will eventually beat everyone.  The guy has dropped about $200,000 on trophies so far so he should be #1 shortly assuming he does not run out of money.

That is taking it too far. For $200,000 I'd be investing in a good retirement plan and put that money to good use.

This could be a millionaire in Hong Kong for all we know who lives in a fancy condo. But personally to me, six stacks of Sound Shapes and two stacks of My Name is Mayo was enough. I just don't see the sense in stacking all the Letter stacks, the Steins Gate stacks, and most of the Japanese visual novels on the Vita that cost a lot of money to get.

Most trophy hunters probably don't understand any of the Japanese text in the games, let alone care enough about the stories.

1 hour ago, James_Tonto said:

For me there is no perfect collection, there are respectable collections. And trophy collections that are all about bumping up their trophy count. A good collection is one that doesn't resort to playing trash games, stuff like a lot of the older licensed games like Hannah Montana or stuff like Ride to Hell: Retribution. I can understand if you want to play those games, for youtube videos or reviews, or morbid curiosity. But do that on a dedicated account for playing games. I've got more respect for an account that played a lot of easy games, but had fun doing it, than an account that's full of bad games, someone grinded through, just to up their trophy count.

To be honest I respect those accounts that were made back in 2008, and have a lot of multiplayer done in games like Resistance 2, FEAR 2, Battlefield: Bad Company 1, Bioshock 2, Uncharted 2 & 3 DLC, and the like. With some hard games like Catherine, Vanquish and Dead Space 2.

These days I think a lot of people are starting to realize that a lot of shit has made it's way onto the Playstation Store since the Playstation 4 launched. A lot of crap games and point and clicks that were originally released on Steam a year or two earlier. Don't get me wrong I love a good point and click and there have been a few decent ones in the past few years. But I personally think that anybody with a guide can just fly their way through with point and clicks, because nobody wants to sit and try to figure out a good puzzle anymore.

The early Playstation 3 days seemed to focus a lot more on multiplayer based games, multiplayer that was tacked on to a single player game, and games that really tested your patience and determination. You don't see trophies like kill 10,000 enemy players anymore like you did in Resistance 2 and Battlefield Bad Company 1. I don't think I've seen too many point and click games that were released back in 2008 - 2010. The Walking Dead didn't take off until 2012, and even then it was just that game.

I have my share of easy games but what matters to me is whether or not you really enjoyed them. When I see every stack of Telltale Games, 5 - 6 stacks of Steins Gate, 10+ stacks of Letter and a bunch of awful games that were specifically bought for the trophies, you are increasing your trophy count. Orc Slayer was terrible, and I bought that just to see how bad it was. But I just know there are people who will stack the American/European version of that game just to increase their numbers. That's not having fun doing it, that's grinding your way for more trophies.

1 hour ago, James_Tonto said:

An easy platinum doesn't mean it's a bad game, this is true. The Godfather II and X-Men Origins: Wolverine are both easy, movie licensed games. They are also foremost, games. That are enjoyable to play through. Full Throttle, The Little Acre and Day of the Tentacle are easy games to platinum, but they're all enjoyable point and click experiences. Even The First two being somewhat short though. The Order 1886 though, eh it looks alright, but nothing I need to play unfortunately.

Movie licensed games are generally bad and poorly made. I've played my share of bad movie licensed games that barely follow the plot and script of the movies.

The Order 1886 is quite alright for $10 - 15. Anything more than that it's not worth getting for.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Spaz said:

That's not having fun doing it, that's grinding your way for more trophies.

I don't agree with this. Whose to say they don't have fun doing it? Perhaps stacking 10 of the same game and bumping up their trophy count to massive numbers is fun to them? While it may not be fun to you, it may be to them. If I had the time and resources to try for world number 1, I'd have fun doing it. Fun is a very personal thing... no one can define what someone else finds fun or enjoyable.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kraven_15 said:

I don't agree with this. Whose to say they don't have fun doing it? Perhaps stacking 10 of the same game and bumping up their trophy count to massive numbers is fun to them? While it may not be fun to you, it may be to them. If I had the time and resources to try for world number 1, I'd have fun doing it. Fun is a very personal thing... no one can define what someone else finds fun or enjoyable.

It's basically seeing the trophies pop, rather than playing the actual game itself and enjoying it. That's what I think for some of these games like Little Adventure on the Prairie, which looks awful and plays awful according to what I've heard from people.

I don't think too many people would of bothered with My Name is Mayo if it wasn't for the trophies. I can't really rate that game since it's sort of unique in it's own way.

Stuff like 1000 Top Rated and Slyde was clearly made for the trophies. I don't think you can really argue against that since the only fun I would have on those is seeing those trophies pop in very quick succession, like what happened for me in Sound Shapes. I wouldn't even consider them games to be honest.

5 hours ago, Spaz said:

To be honest I respect those accounts that were made back in 2008, and have a lot of multiplayer done in games like Resistance 2, FEAR 2, Battlefield: Bad Company 1, Bioshock 2, Uncharted 2 & 3 DLC, and the like. With some hard games like Catherine, Vanquish and Dead Space 2.

To be honest I've been unable to look at someone with a bunch of multiplayer games with too much respect when they're clearly a trophy hunter. 

I know it makes me a horrible person to make these kind of assumptions, but every time I see a trophy hunter with a lot of (especially big) multiplayer games I just assume they sat around boosting with people for days and days. Spending a lot of hours boosting may be a form of dedication some trophy hunters respect but, to me, it's the same as doing other mind numbing single player grinds or grinding lots of easy trophies in bad games. There's no enjoyment to be had in taking turns winning or killing each other etc. 

I know a lot of old accounts with multiplayer probably did it all legit but it's just one of those silly assumptions I make if I see an account that has a lot of trophies but also a lot of multiplayer trophies. I know this probably makes me a bad person but we all have assumptions we make at a glance on people's profiles right?

I've seen people assuming someone's a trophy hunter if they're level 30+ when it's not been true

I've seen people assume someone's a trophy whore if they've got every Telltale game when they could just be a Telltale fan. Same with people seeing ocassional movie license games, some of them are actually pretty fun.

Sadly most of us have some kind of assumption when we see certain things on certain account and the multiplayer one is one of the ones I feel.

3 hours ago, Zombie-Valentine said:

but because I can look back at the trophy stamps and see what I was playing and when I was playing it - and remember fond memories from this. Like that large gap with no trophies - oh yeh that was that time I went away for several months. When I was playing this game - that's when I went to Uni, etc.

The trophies are like little photos in a memory photo-album.

Honestly I've done this, I've looked at something and remembered part of my life. Without a cluttered list of trophy whore games it's easy to look at my account that's basically 10 years old and remember parts of the last 10 years. I was young, finishing high school when I made it, I've been through so much in that time and games have always been a part of that journey.

Also, sorry if this is a double post... I don't know how to add a new quote to and edit on mobile, whenever I hit quote it goes to a new post and I can't drag or cut/paste it...?

40 minutes ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

To be honest I've been unable to look at someone with a bunch of multiplayer games with too much respect when they're clearly a trophy hunter. 

I know it makes me a horrible person to make these kind of assumptions, but every time I see a trophy hunter with a lot of (especially big) multiplayer games I just assume they sat around boosting with people for days and days. Spending a lot of hours boosting may be a form of dedication some trophy hunters respect but, to me, it's the same as doing other mind numbing single player grinds or grinding lots of easy trophies in bad games. There's no enjoyment to be had in taking turns winning or killing each other etc. 

I know a lot of old accounts with multiplayer probably did it all legit but it's just one of those silly assumptions I make if I see an account that has a lot of trophies but also a lot of multiplayer trophies. I know this probably makes me a bad person but we all have assumptions we make at a glance on people's profiles right?

I've seen people assuming someone's a trophy hunter if they're level 30+ when it's not been true

I've seen people assume someone's a trophy whore if they've got every Telltale game when they could just be a Telltale fan. Same with people seeing ocassional movie license games, some of them are actually pretty fun.

Sadly most of us have some kind of assumption when we see certain things on certain account and the multiplayer one is one of the ones I feel.

Yeah, that’s probably true. But I’m willing to bet a lot of multiplayer was probably done legit, which I find a bit impressive considering how much faster boosting is. 

I played Runescape for many years, you can’t tell me any game with trophies that is more grindy than that. I spent upwards of 8000 hours or so on it, much of it grinding on rather tasteless, dull tasks. For a while it consumed my life until I finally decided that it just wasn’t worth it anymore. 

In the over 25 years I’ve been gaming I’ve had my share of mind numbing grinds and dozens of hours spent towards reaching a goal that seemed rather pointless. 

31 minutes ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

Honestly I've done this, I've looked at something and remembered part of my life. Without a cluttered list of trophy whore games it's easy to look at my account that's basically 10 years old and remember parts of the last 10 years. I was young, finishing high school when I made it, I've been through so much in that time and games have always been a part of that journey.

Also, sorry if this is a double post... I don't know how to add a new quote to and edit on mobile, whenever I hit quote it goes to a new post and I can't drag or cut/paste it...?

It’s funny that people are saying this because I was already out of high school by the time trophies came out. Guess that shows how old I am, but I’m always interested in hearing what young people think, especially when they haven’t even hit 20 years old yet.

7 hours ago, Zombie-Valentine said:

Personally, I'd say a perfect profile is something you can look back and get happy memories from it.

Probably the best definition yet. Though I'd drop "happy" from it. I think it's just as worthwhile to look back at the less good memories, of the games that frustrated you or caused you grief. Like, when I look through my profile, the one game that always catches my eye is The Witness. I have no good memories of that game. I was angry and annoyed, and I had stacks of drawings strewn all across my desk because I was too stubborn to cheat. And yet, deep in the recesses of my mind, I knew I was having a good time. Maybe it's denial or repression, but I walked away from that game with something. There was some meaning to the game, and my efforts to complete it.

While I don't care what other people play -- because what I enjoy, and how I enjoy it, isn't necessarily going to be comparable -- I do feel the games you play should be memorable. That's ultimately my problem with skipping VNs or using walkthroughs 100% of the time. If you're not actively playing the game, or engaged with it in some way, then the only thing you're really gaining is trophies. For some, that might be fun, but where's the substance? Isn't a trophy that takes effort or provides a backstory better than one that's just handed to you by spamming the X button?

To me, it's all about the experience. Without it, trophies are just numbers.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Probably the best definition yet. Though I'd drop "happy" from it. I think it's just as worthwhile to look back at the less good memories, of the games that frustrated you or caused you grief. Like, when I look through my profile, the one game that always catches my eye is The Witness. I have no good memories of that game. I was angry and annoyed, and I had stacks of drawings strewn all across my desk because I was too stubborn to cheat. And yet, deep in the recesses of my mind, I knew I was having a good time. Maybe it's denial or repression, but I walked away from that game with something. There was some meaning to the game, and my efforts to complete it.

That's practically how a lot of old games were. Many of them were difficult to where you had to practice, over and over, and when you finally got over the hurdle it was one of the best feelings you ever had.

The Witness is an easy game with a walkthrough, I can probably get that game done in under a day if I really wanted to. Coming from you who grew up on point and clicks I can definitely understand not consorting a walkthrough. Sadly I think point and clicks have been mostly ruined by looking up a walkthrough, because everybody does that these days and nobody has the patience to sit through a puzzle for hours trying to figure out what exactly needs to be done.

5 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

While I don't care what other people play -- because what I enjoy, and how I enjoy it, isn't necessarily going to be comparable -- I do feel the games you play should be memorable. That's ultimately my problem with skipping VNs or using walkthroughs 100% of the time. If you're not actively playing the game, or engaged with it in some way, then the only thing you're really gaining is trophies. For some, that might be fun, but where's the substance? Isn't a trophy that takes effort or provides a backstory better than one that's just handed to you by spamming the X button?

Plus you have to consider that Japanese visual novels aren't cheap. The ones I found online were fetching $30 - 50 for an imported copy, many of which you have to buy physically for the Playstation Vita console.

I'm a bit surprised you haven't played Heavy Rain or any of the Quantic Dream games yet. I definitely recommend you try them out, since by looking at your profile you enjoy point and clicks and interactive dramas. Definitely going to get Detroit: Become Human at some point, since it looks great.

On 8/8/2018 at 10:22 PM, MythRaider1994 said:

I just play games that I enjoy and like the sound of. I don’t care if they’re easy or hard. Unfortunately, a lot of the games I’ve been interested in over the last few years have had easier lists.

To be honest perfect is what you make of it. hard vs easy, long vs fast etc..... That can mean so much or so little. Theres really no point in thinking anyone list is better then the next or even making a thread about it. All in all if it aint yours why "really" care about it. i can understand admiring and appreciating hard work and whatnot. Just not something to get hung up on. Every trophy list in the world needs work. Thats the point to them, theres always a new game or another game i should say. If you feel like you have peaked you aint really doing it right.  

23 hours ago, Spaz said:

The early Playstation 3 days seemed to focus a lot more on multiplayer based games, multiplayer that was tacked on to a single player game, and games that really tested your patience and determination. You don't see trophies like kill 10,000 enemy players anymore like you did in Resistance 2 and Battlefield Bad Company 1. I don't think I've seen too many point and click games that were released back in 2008 - 2010. The Walking Dead didn't take off until 2012, and even then it was just that game.

Movie licensed games are generally bad and poorly made. I've played my share of bad movie licensed games that barely follow the plot and script of the movies.

The Order 1886 is quite alright for $10 - 15. Anything more than that it's not worth getting for.

Yeah I felt like the MP was tacked on needlessly to a lot of single player experiences. The Assassin's Creed games for instance, though they did make the online trophies easier as they went on. And don't get me started on Bioshock 2 or The Darkness II, both sequels to great games, that really didn't need to have online multiplayer to pad it out. I fondly remember the single player, more than my online experience. And I really despise my online experience in Resistance 2, since it took me so long to finish.

Yeah most movie licensed games aren't worth buying, I've only played two on the PS3 I felt were worth playing. And the TV Licensed ones, can be even worse. You only need to look at that awful Rambo Rail shooter, Battleship the video game or the hilariously awful Saw game as examples from the PS3. (At least with Saw there's some entertainment value in mocking it as you play. And hilariously beating the pig Mask boss, by just punching him repeatedly.) But it is important to recognise when one of these games is actually pretty decent, hence my own praise for the Godfather II and Wolverine. 

19 hours ago, Barbell-Disciple said:

Reading through all of these replies, I think it's fair to say that there are alot of assumptions being made on how people enjoy or don't enjoy their gaming habit's. 

My personal opinion is this: The perfect profile is the one that reflects your own individuall gaming tastes. Not what you think looks the best to a bunch of people that you've likely never met. Not any specific stat, be it completion percentage, UR count or overall average rarity etc. Just straight up, a list of games which showcase what you wanted to play and when you wanted to play it. Your completion on each title will likely be telling of how much you enjoyed it. 

There is nothing cool about forcing yourself to finish any trophy list if you are seriously not into the game, whether it be super easy or super hard.

Just my thoughts. Cool topic OP. 1f44a.png

You a bodybuilder by any chance?

To be honest, I think if you can stick above the 90% completion, you're doing wonderfully. Gives you wiggle room for the odd server shutdowns and games that glitch, etc.. and as far as rarity goes? Meh. I love playing tough games and easy games. I did a bunch of easy games after spending 4 months getting platinum on warhawk and starhawk, felt good to get 100% on some games with no depressing vibes haha! Plus I love playing the most awful/tacky and cheaply made games that exist on the PS too. Hannah Montana, life of black tiger, super kids racing, the unknown city, my name is Mayo, etc.. I see them the same way as watching awful 80s cheesy action films - fun and silly. So with them on my list people are obviously gonna judge my profile as imperfect even though I've got some good'ns like Warhawk, Star Trek online, umbrella corps and nearly platinum on elder scrolls online (I got emperor ;D)

• Like 4