Perfect Profile

Matrim_Drasgen

On 13/08/2018 at 7:33 PM, Matrim_Drasgen said:

Easy games doesn't mean bad. The Order: 1886 was a great game. Amazing story, good action, and fun. It was just very simple, short, and easier than most. It is also one of the first PS4 games and I wonder how that played into the game's creation  I was going to get the game right off the bat but was told how short it was. So I got Thief instead as I waited for Dragon Age: Inquisition to come in the mail. I ended up getting The Order when PS Store had a major sale on the game. As trophy hunter it was perfect. Fast plat and no bronze trophies. Great to add some number and points to the resume. Always hope there will be a sequel or even prequel.

I also enjoyed that game.

8 hours ago, MiamiNights89 said:

To be honest, I think if you can stick above the 90% completion, you're doing wonderfully. Gives you wiggle room for the odd server shutdowns and games that glitch, etc.. and as far as rarity goes? Meh. I love playing tough games and easy games. I did a bunch of easy games after spending 4 months getting platinum on warhawk and starhawk, felt good to get 100% on some games with no depressing vibes haha! Plus I love playing the most awful/tacky and cheaply made games that exist on the PS too. Hannah Montana, life of black tiger, super kids racing, the unknown city, my name is Mayo, etc.. I see them the same way as watching awful 80s cheesy action films - fun and silly. So with them on my list people are obviously gonna judge my profile as imperfect even though I've got some good'ns like Warhawk, Star Trek online, umbrella corps and nearly platinum on elder scrolls online (I got emperor ;D)

eyes-popping-emoji.jpg?w=614

goes to show you how easily some really grand achievements (almost) go unnoticed...

So someone glances at your profile and sees Mayo and never sees anything else...

This one little gold trophy...

Plus going after an  ESO MMO plat.... likely not for the plat but for the endless experience....

... who are we to judge anything?....

This would be another fun thread on its own btw, but then there are only about 600 emperors that could even comment and you ppl have got to be busy....you know, running the universe and all....

So you didn't get the fishing trophy from ESO yet? No time to kick back and relax? ?

3 hours ago, journaltalk said:

eyes-popping-emoji.jpg?w=614

goes to show you how easily some really grand achievements (almost) go unnoticed...

So someone glances at your profile and sees Mayo and never sees anything else...

This one little gold trophy...

Plus going after an  ESO MMO plat.... likely not for the plat but for the endless experience....

... who are we to judge anything?....

This would be another fun thread on its own btw, but then there are only about 600 emperors that could even comment and you ppl have got to be busy....you know, running the universe and all....

So you didn't get the fishing trophy from ESO yet? No time to kick back and relax? 1f602.png

Hahahahaha, I got emperor within a few months of playing the game, took like 2 days of non-stop play, but yeah haha. The fishing trophy starts of as relaxing but it's ALL RNG. And some of them fishing spots are so tiny, slow respawn rates and pathetic RNG chances.. some fish took me about 8 hours to get each at a time but then my girlfriend would get the same fish first bloody time -_-. I burnt myself out and took time away. I'll be back on it at some point though, no rush :) I just know when I jump back on ESO, that'll be another year without any other trophies on any other games again.. xD MMO addictions are hard to kick!

On 8/15/2018 at 11:50 PM, tuddeee said:

Yeah sometimes it would be nice to get some easy plats to get some motivation. Example I am working on Borderlands 2 and Dark Souls Remastered. Both of them takes hours and hours to get plat. 

Agreed. Easy plats are a great motive builder when other games are time consuming and skill intensive. Nice to throw up 15+ trophies in a day or so. I have a few but The Order was for me to finally play the game. Defense Grid 2 was because I lover tower defense games but hard to find on console and its RNG is one of the worse I have seen so you tend to bog down on the last one and the grind for it is draining. Though, I am sure some can argue I do not have a challenging game list, I like about 95% of the games on my list. The rest, I tried and just fell out of for some reason or another. Some I am one or two trophies short of the plat and just need to grind out like One Piece. Some are I don't currently have the skill to beat the hardest difficulty and get the plat like all the God of Wars. Never thought of on my own nor have I tried since learning about it here of starting a game on another profile to get a feeling for it and its trophies.

Edited by Matrim_Drasgen

On 8/17/2018 at 8:07 AM, Matrim_Drasgen said:

Agreed. Easy plats are a great motive builder when other games are time consuming and skill intensive. Nice to throw up 15+ trophies in a day or so. I have a few but The Order was for me to finally play the game. Defense Grid 2 was because I lover tower defense games but hard to find on console and its RNG is one of the worse I have seen so you tend to bog down on the last one and the grind for it is draining. Though, I am sure some can argue I do not have a challenging game list, I like about 95% of the games on my list. The rest, I tried and just fell out of for some reason or another. Some I am one or two trophies short of the plat and just need to grind out like One Piece. Some are I don't currently have the skill to beat the hardest difficulty and get the plat like all the God of Wars. Never thought of on my own nor have I tried since learning about it here of starting a game on another profile to get a feeling for it and its trophies.

You seem to specifically avoid Hard difficulty and beating the Challenge of the Gods in the God of War games. You don't have a single platinum from that franchise.

The hardest thing you have to do in all the God of War games is beating Challenge 10 in the first game. That will piss you off. To be frank the original God of War is the most difficult one in the franchise. The others aren't that bad at all.

Look up Youtube guides on how to beat the Challenge of the Gods in all the games, and on Hard difficulty focus more on dodging and rolling from your enemies.

But it looks to me you sold your Playstation 3 console years ago and just play on the PS4.

20 hours ago, Spaz said:

You seem to specifically avoid Hard difficulty and beating the Challenge of the Gods in the God of War games. You don't have a single platinum from that franchise.

The hardest thing you have to do in all the God of War games is beating Challenge 10 in the first game. That will piss you off. To be frank the original God of War is the most difficult one in the franchise. The others aren't that bad at all.

Look up Youtube guides on how to beat the Challenge of the Gods in all the games, and on Hard difficulty focus more on dodging and rolling from your enemies.

But it looks to me you sold your Playstation 3 console years ago and just play on the PS4.

I don't specifically avoid hard games, I play games I think I will enjoy, games part of franchises that I like or games close friends talk me into. Difficulty has nothing to do with it and plenty of my games have difficulty settings. The God of Wars on hardest difficulty and the challenges are probably possible for me but would take way too many tries and too many hours to get. Don't care enough to waste all that time and energy not having any real fun. Yes, currently don't have access to my PS3. Might go back, re-try and get the plats but I doubt it. Too many other games I have never played that I want to play that I have already bought. Cleaning up my backlog with not only trophies but games. Appreciate the advice about which one is the most difficult and the videos.

15 hours ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

I don't specifically avoid hard games, I play games I think I will enjoy, games part of franchises that I like or games close friends talk me into. Difficulty has nothing to do with it and plenty of my games have difficulty settings. The God of Wars on hardest difficulty and the challenges are probably possible for me but would take way too many tries and too many hours to get. Don't care enough to waste all that time and energy not having any real fun. Yes, currently don't have access to my PS3. Might go back, re-try and get the plats but I doubt it. Too many other games I have never played that I want to play that I have already bought. Cleaning up my backlog with not only trophies but games. Appreciate the advice about which one is the most difficult and the videos.

God of War is generally easy, even on Hard. I'm very average at hack and slash games, I'm definitely not a master at them. Something like Devil May Cry would be a lot more difficult, I played that game back on the Playstation 2 and I found it difficult as fuck.

I don't know, kinda surprised to see someone who doesn't have any of those platinums because just about everyone I see these days on this website has at least one platinum from God of War.

Or it could be you didn't enjoy the franchise that much. God of War 2018 is very easy, only troublesome parts are likely the fights with the "Stranger" and the Queen Valkyrie. So if you are interested one day I would definitely grab that game and earn the platinum in it. A little time consuming, about 30 hours to get all the trophies.

On 8/20/2018 at 3:53 AM, Spaz said:

God of War is generally easy, even on Hard. I'm very average at hack and slash games, I'm definitely not a master at them. Something like Devil May Cry would be a lot more difficult, I played that game back on the Playstation 2 and I found it difficult as fuck.

I don't know, kinda surprised to see someone who doesn't have any of those platinums because just about everyone I see these days on this website has at least one platinum from God of War.

Or it could be you didn't enjoy the franchise that much. God of War 2018 is very easy, only troublesome parts are likely the fights with the "Stranger" and the Queen Valkyrie. So if you are interested one day I would definitely grab that game and earn the platinum in it. A little time consuming, about 30 hours to get all the trophies.

When those games first came out (PS2), Hard difficulty wasn't for me. Tried them again when they came to PS3. I re played to re play, but that is when I caught the trophy hunting bug. Tried God of War on hard and tried the Challenge of the Gods. Still beyond me. Figure I play the other games, see what I could do. Trophies started flowing in and I was okay with not getting the plat. Was fine nit having 100%, in fact wasn't until I joined PSNP, made friends, saw other profiles, and explored what the site offers with stats and such that I even thought about getting 100% for games. Again, last I played and had time for, it was not about 100%. I might try again but other games to play first, some for trophies but most because I think the game will be fun, interesting, and I would like to learn the story as well as get trophies.

If I didn't like God of War series, wouldn't have bought all them, especially the remastered ones. I do have the new God of War but I have too many active games and clearing out my backlog of unearned trophies as well as games unfinished. Once I complete two more games, I believe it will be my next game to play. Hear it is the easiest of the bunch. Who knows, maybe I will finally get a Gof of War platinum and maybe that will inspire me to go get the others.

Forum Post #200!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Matrim_Drasgen

I have been on and off with 100% profile for several years, I like to think that if my profile has like 5 unfinished games it's still a perfect profile (I even have the trophy cabinet to spell that lol). Keeping constant 100% is annoying since you would have to play offline on PS4, which is annoying. Anyway, I hope to see my 100% this year and gratz to all of you 100%rs - profiles look more clean when you have everything finished.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, skroq said:

I have been on and off with 100% profile for several years, I like to think that if my profile has like 5 unfinished games it's still a perfect profile (I even have the trophy cabinet to spell that lol). Keeping constant 100% is annoying since you would have to play offline on PS4, which is annoying. Anyway, I hope to see my 100% this year and gratz to all of you 100%rs - profiles look more clean when you have everything finished.

That trophy cabinet is of yours is awesome!

I couldn't be bothered to read the entire thread but I'm at 79.25% now and could go straight to 100% within a few minutes, just by hiding all my incomplete games from public. Of course it wouldn't be truly 100% but it would look like that to everyone who checks out my profile.

Edited by GTRP_Lancerlover

grabs microphone

I am not impressed by accounts with 50% average rarity or more. Of course there's the obvious, "play what you want to play who cares about anyones opinion but your own" blah blah and it's true but when I'm comparing profiles, rarity % means more than just about anything. All completion percentage tells me is that you strategically picked games that you always knew you were capable of beating. That's fine, and it looks solid, but I compare it to supermodels getting air-brushed for magazine covers. 90% completion still looks great but ya had to go for perfection even though it's unrealistic in all reality eh?

If I see you have games like the Little Adventures Pirate or Who Needs Mayo I kinda skim past it. If you own them, great, but they are more of a detractor to your account than a boost for platinum # or level IMO. Now, if you're out here popping with NBA2k plats, Stardew Valley, and Injustice I'll think damn this dudes a beast. Especially when comparing my own account to others, whenever I see people who have the platinum for The Last Guardian and LittleBigPlanet 3 I think DAMN they are a patient gamer(because I don't know how you could play bashing your head with Trico numerous times) and it adds a new level of respect for their account. Once again, just my thoughts. ?

• Like 1

Agreed. It is awesome to see high percentage on profiles that have tough games and ones that take hours of dedication. Some people do pick simple games to have complete control over their profile. That is fine. Rack up 100% and get fast, easy plats. Some profiles are more impressive but that is still based on our biases of what we think is impressive or worthy. Your mention of little planet 3 means nothing to me and when I see that plat, I juat skim over it only seeing a plat because I got no care for it, the game or the series. My profile has some easy games, some hard games (for me), games I love and some I was disappointed with and others I would like to finish. A couple games were because of trophies and plats but I got the game on sale, it provided fun, and met some friends. So a win 4 ways. Others would knock me but it is what it is. Happy with my games. Think my profile is very good. I make it better and grab trophies. Challenge myself with tough or time consuming games and reward myself with easy plats. All about fun in the end. 

Edited by Matrim_Drasgen

No offense to those in pursuit of a perfect profiles....but in my view it seems it would be detrimental to enjoying video games. It would put most people like that out of playing games that should otherwise be considered worthy of their time because they may be intimidated by trophy/achievement lists. I like too many different types of video games to commit to that, but bravo to those that want it......if deep down they truly want it and accomplishing it isn't too hollow of a feeling. 

I could only imagine how they feel when late DLC arrives to mess their percentage up :o

• Like 1

On 09/08/2018 at 6:25 AM, FawltyPowers said:

If there were no trophies anymore and instead just a list of games you had played on your profile, would you be happy with that list?

If the answer to the question is Yes, then you have a perfect profile, regardless of 100% completion.

You said everything!! 

Edited by gamers527

On 9/2/2018 at 0:22 PM, UrbanaSupernovA said:

No offense to those in pursuit of a perfect profiles....but in my view it seems it would be detrimental to enjoying video games. It would put most people like that out of playing games that should otherwise be considered worthy of their time because they may be intimidated by trophy/achievement lists. I like too many different types of video games to commit to that, but bravo to those that want it......if deep down they truly want it and accomplishing it isn't too hollow of a feeling. 

I could only imagine how they feel when late DLC arrives to mess their percentage up :o

100 percent profiles are a huge risk.

Something like Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus is sure to get some people stressed out simply because of Mein Leben. You have to beat the entire game from start to finish in one go, without saving or having any checkpoints to help you out. So would it still be worth getting 100 percent? Or admit it's too time consuming and difficult and move on?

Not everyone can do Hard Core difficulty in Dead Space 2 or New York Minute Hardcore in Max Payne 3, and that's fine. But in my opinion, having 85 percent or higher completion rate for your profile is already pretty solid.

Speaking of which, Crash Bandicoot: Warped added DLC a little over two months ago, despite the game being out an entire year after release.

On 9/1/2018 at 2:02 PM, realm722 said:

grabs microphone

I am not impressed by accounts with 50% average rarity or more. Of course there's the obvious, "play what you want to play who cares about anyones opinion but your own" blah blah and it's true but when I'm comparing profiles, rarity % means more than just about anything. All completion percentage tells me is that you strategically picked games that you always knew you were capable of beating. That's fine, and it looks solid, but I compare it to supermodels getting air-brushed for magazine covers. 90% completion still looks great but ya had to go for perfection even though it's unrealistic in all reality eh?

If I see you have games like the Little Adventures Pirate or Who Needs Mayo I kinda skim past it. If you own them, great, but they are more of a detractor to your account than a boost for platinum # or level IMO. Now, if you're out here popping with NBA2k plats, Stardew Valley, and Injustice I'll think damn this dudes a beast. Especially when comparing my own account to others, whenever I see people who have the platinum for The Last Guardian and LittleBigPlanet 3 I think DAMN they are a patient gamer(because I don't know how you could play bashing your head with Trico numerous times) and it adds a new level of respect for their account. Once again, just my thoughts. ?

As someone who has earned trophies for a decade, I can tell you that sometimes you play Prairie and Mayo to take a break from the huge grinds. I have Stardew Valley, LBP 3, Fortnite, and other grindy games. Nothing really hard on my list except PAIN. I personally struggle with some compulsion and would never willingly start a game I couldn't finish, but again that is just the way I play. 

Ultimately, grinding trophies is a personal journey and all of our paths are slightly different. As long as your having fun, you are doing it right!

• Like 2

On 9/1/2018 at 0:02 PM, realm722 said:

grabs microphone

If I see you have games like the Little Adventures Pirate or Who Needs Mayo I kinda skim past it. If you own them, great, but they are more of a detractor to your account than a boost for platinum # or level IMO. Now, if you're out here popping with NBA2k plats, Stardew Valley, and Injustice I'll think damn this dudes a beast. Especially when comparing my own account to others, whenever I see people who have the platinum for The Last Guardian and LittleBigPlanet 3 I think DAMN they are a patient gamer(because I don't know how you could play bashing your head with Trico numerous times) and it adds a new level of respect for their account. Once again, just my thoughts. 1f914.png

4 hours ago, iamthedotcom said:

As someone who has earned trophies for a decade, I can tell you that sometimes you play Prairie and Mayo to take a break from the huge grinds. I have Stardew Valley, LBP 3, Fortnite, and other grindy games. Nothing really hard on my list except PAIN. I personally struggle with some compulsion and would never willingly start a game I couldn't finish, but again that is just the way I play. 

Ultimately, grinding trophies is a personal journey and all of our paths are slightly different. As long as your having fun, you are doing it right!

The thing is, this can go several ways.

At the end of the day we really don't care about others accounts but our very own. But every once in a while I like to compare my own account with someone else.

I look at people like Hakoom and Roughdawg4 to have just bought their way to the top of the leaderboards. It comes down to how much money someone has and how many games they can stack, such as Steins Gate and the hundreds of Arcade Archives available. It's not cheap, you have to pay thousands of dollars through PSN. It's literally impossible to get anywhere on the leaderboards without stacking, and truthfully I just think they're meaningless.

Most people, including myself like to hunt for trophies because we enjoy it. For the past year I've bought games that I specifically wanted to get and I feel much happier for it. I found that stacking Sound Shapes and playing shit games like Orc Slayer just wasn't worth it. Nobody would really consider playing Orc Slayer at all if it wasn't for trophies.

Games like The Witcher 3, Bloodborne, God of War and the like I would of played without any virtual achievements attached to them, and that's really what matters.

In this digital age we can try anything and everything we want to play.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Spaz said:

I look at people like Hakoom and Roughdawg4 to have just bought their way to the top of the leaderboards. It comes down to how much money someone has and how many games they can stack, such as Steins Gate and the hundreds of Arcade Archives available. It's not cheap, you have to pay thousands of dollars through PSN. It's literally impossible to get anywhere on the leaderboards without stacking, and truthfully I just think they're meaningless.

by bought i assume you mean we spent alot of money on buying games and platting them?
or do you mean we payed others?
please be clear :)