Perfect Profile

Matrim_Drasgen

On ‎9‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 7:23 PM, Spaz said:

I look at people like Hakoom and Roughdawg4 to have just bought their way to the top of the leaderboards. It comes down to how much money someone has and how many games they can stack, such as Steins Gate and the hundreds of Arcade Archives available. It's not cheap, you have to pay thousands of dollars through PSN. It's literally impossible to get anywhere on the leaderboards without stacking, and truthfully I just think they're meaningless.

I've noticed you mentioned this specifically a couple of times. It makes no sense for a couple of reasons.

Firstly, you're naturally going to have many easy games when your profile has 60000 trophies and you're on top of the trophy leaderboards. The leaderboard is based on trophy count, so it's obviously going to happen.

Secondly, both of these guys have more trophies below 2% rarity than you have Ultra Rare, Very Rare or Rare altogether. I'm not sure how you get off saying that it's simply a matter of 'they can afford more games.' It's like those people who claim, 'oh, if I had more time I could do it too...' as if it somehow means anything. You have no need or way to back it up and it makes you feel better about not being at that level.

On ‎9‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 7:23 PM, Spaz said:

Most people, including myself like to hunt for trophies because we enjoy it. For the past year I've bought games that I specifically wanted to get and I feel much happier for it. I found that stacking Sound Shapes and playing shit games like Orc Slayer just wasn't worth it. Nobody would really consider playing Orc Slayer at all if it wasn't for trophies.

Also, this, for example... don't you think the guys who have 50000 trophies enjoy it? If you're happy with playing whatever you want for whatever reason you want, that's great for you. But that doesn't mean that people who unlock a hundred trophies a day can't enjoy it. It simply mean YOU don't enjoy it. And that's kind of the whole point here. Your definition of enjoyment is not the universal definition and what you would do is not the universally correct way of doing things.

Edited by kraven_15
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, kraven_15 said:

I've noticed you mentioned this specifically a couple of times. It makes no sense for a couple of reasons.

Firstly, you're naturally going to have many easy games when your profile has 60000 trophies and you're on top of the trophy leaderboards. The leaderboard is based on trophy count, so it's obviously going to happen.

Secondly, both of these guys have more trophies below 2% rarity than you have Ultra Rare, Very Rare or Rare altogether. I'm not sure how you get off saying that it's simply a matter of 'they can afford more games.' It's like those people who claim, 'oh, if I had more time I could do it too...' as if it somehow means anything. You have no need or way to back it up and it makes you feel better about not being at that level.

First, that's why I mentioned stacking.

Also it helps a lot to stack Japanese visual novels, which you have to import since you can't really get them through the Playstation Store. I'm sure there are ways to reduce the costs of importing these games but I find they're not cheap. Especially when you're talking about getting hundreds of them at a time that is going to cost thousands of dollars.

And I'm sure it's just about mashing the X button or whatever to skip through the cutscenes and dialogue to get the trophies as quick as possible.

Second, I never said I'm all that good of a gamer because quite frankly, I'm not. I'm just an average guy who enjoys playing video games. Every once in a while I may look at a profile that has lots of rare trophies and say "Wow, that's impressive", but I don't entirely judge the person just on that. There will always be someone who has a more impressive profile, and that especially applies to me since I really don't have anything that sticks out as far as difficult and time consuming games go. I don't go out of my way to try to be impressive nor do I spend my time hunting for games to specifically try to increase my rare trophy count.

Third, someone who has over 60,000 trophies is obviously going to have more rare trophies than me, who only has just over 7500. We all spend our time differently, they just spend more time on video games than I do. Doesn't mean I'm better nor are they.

On 8/8/2018 at 0:47 PM, Sergen said:

100% completion doesn't mean the profile is perfect. Most profiles that have 100% completion don't take any risks with the games they do and stick to really easy games that anyone can do. I'd much rather see a trophy list that has 50% completion with 500 ultra rare trophies than one with 100% completion and 100 ultra rare trophies. I'd only be impressed if they had some games that take time and effort to get but most people just aren't impressed by the whole idea of a "perfect profile". My own profile has 100% potential but I'm too lazy to go back to old shit at the moment but maybe some day I'll finish off what I need. 

Woah, guess I am doing all right.  85% completion but 438 ultra rares, ha ?

• Like 1

On 9.09.2018 at 4:37 PM, Hakoom said:

by bought i assume you mean we spent alot of money on buying games and platting them?
or do you mean we payed others?
please be clear :)

Yeah come clean Hakoom! LOL

It's funny how it's easy to accuse someone and not have a proof. @Spaz I think what you are looking for is a leaderboard without easy game? So not the real one, but your personal customized LB where you decide which game should be included. The so called official (main, whatever) leaderboard includes all those easy game, arcades, VNs, etc. etc. I think you should be mad at Sony that they realase so many EZPZ games and worse yet, they add trophies too for those.

The reality is if you want to be high on the LB you need to play all the craps that are out there and their stacks too :P Sooner you come to terms with this, sooner you will feel better.

PS. @Roughdawg4 doesn't spend that much on VNs, we simply are in a group where we share our VNs, so it's not all bad:P

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, skroq said:

The reality is if you want to be high on the LB you need to play all the craps that are out there and their stacks too :P Sooner you come to terms with this, sooner you will feel better.

You may see crap Sir but I see pure gaming enjoyment. As far as I am concerned if a game doesn't have a skip button it ain't a real game. 

26 minutes ago, skroq said:

It's funny how it's easy to accuse someone and not have a proof. @Spaz I think what you are looking for is a leaderboard without easy game? So not the real one, but your personal customized LB where you decide which game should be included. The so called official (main, whatever) leaderboard includes all those easy game, arcades, VNs, etc. etc. I think you should be mad at Sony that they realase so many EZPZ games and worse yet, they add trophies too for those.

PS. @Roughdawg4 doesn't spend that much on VNs, we simply are in a group where we share our VNs, so it's not all bad:P

You should be mad at Ratalaika games for exploiting us :)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, I need more BIOSHOCK said:

Ratalaika are truly wonderful!  Not only do they give us an absolute shit tonne of stacks to get on but the games are actually decent :)

I agree the games are fun, but I just meant they are making sure every game stacks at least 4 or 6 times.

I am honestly shocked they have not made an Antarctica region for their games.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skroq said:

you know what is really funny skroq

the same people crying about the competition sony created some years back where you can bet gold trophies to buy game cosplays

ppl just said why not just make this a top 10 competition since there is no way the low lvls wil win

the same low lvls dont want to play disney games or ezpz games :D ...same guys say why play shit games bla bla....

i worked for it while u just wanted to play AAA games and it payed off in the end xD

that spaz guy should throw his accusations at the 2 "other" frauds *cough *cough who realy spent 100k+$ on buying there way to the top 10 ;)

10 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Interesting :hmm:, I've been looking to buy IA/VT for a while now, but it never goes on sale on Play-Asia.

if i can just finish the last 2 songs il put it up for sale >.< LOL

been trying for years xD

I would've had a 100% profile if it wasn't for FIFA 10's shitty DLC servers shutting down. In the past few years I've found myself caring about getting the 100%'s and platinums less and less, even though I was never really someone who bought or avoided certain games because of their trophy list. I've always played the games I want to play and the trophies were something I went for during subsequent playthroughs. 

So, the fabled 100% completion profile will never be mine and that's fine. Fair play to anyone who manages to maintain one over the course of many years - keep doing what you enjoy doing!

42 minutes ago, Hakoom said:

if i can just finish the last 2 songs il put it up for sale >.< LOL

been trying for years xD

Need some help with it? ;).

52 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Interesting :hmm:, I've been looking to buy IA/VT for a while now, but it never goes on sale on Play-Asia.

I can borrow you one if you are interested ;).

Edited by Smashero

On 09/09/2018 at 10:23 AM, Spaz said:

At the end of the day we really don't care about others accounts but our very own.

You seemed to care an awful lot about mine the other day when you went out of your way to judge me for having 99% completion and a bunch of stacks after I made a post that was completely unrelated to either of those things.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

You seemed to care an awful lot about mine the other day when you went out of your way to judge me for having 99% completion and a bunch of stacks after I made a post that was completely unrelated to either of those things.

Looking over his posting history shows he has a lot to say about me (and many others) even though I have no clue who he is.  He is definitely not practicing what he is preaching

I will say this though, the username checks out :)

• Like 3

I came back here after posting earlier to see if there's been any more discussion. Turns out I only read the first page of replies before posting, and now after checking back in and reading through the newer replies...

giphy.gif

I guess it's time to whip out the dicks and compare sizes? Maybe that's too preemptive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smashero said:

Need some help with it? ;).

I can borrow you one if you are interested ;).

wel with tips or tricks yes pls :D
thanks for stealing my customer xD lool

26 minutes ago, skroq said:

You mean the guys who took ferry to China? @Hakoom

Oh and the guy from Germany is on the way as well :)

i know if i comment on this il  get banned which i dont want lol

so il just leave it as is :P
the time wil come skroq just wait ;)

46 minutes ago, Hakoom said:

well with tips or tricks yes pls :D

Just do not give up and panic! Practice, practice and practice again!

Took me almost a week to get those 3-songs-in-a-row with S rank or A rank, do not remember :P.

46 minutes ago, Hakoom said:

thanks for stealing my customer xD lool

Ops! Right... Pardon, didn't mean to...

(Even that I know that you are joking ?).

Edited by Smashero