New Game+ Coming August 20

Aeir_

"God of War New Game+ will be available as a free patch update on August 20 (that’s our four-month anniversary already). Remember, to access all the greatness of New Game+, you’ll need to complete the story campaign of God of War on any difficulty. If you already did, New Game+ will be ready and waiting for you on August 20 once you’ve patched." 

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/08/08/god-of-war-new-game-launches-august-20/

Excited to see this option. Do you think they will add new trophies requiring a playthrough in NG+? Horizon did something similar.

• Like 2

After toying with the game off and on since release and finally obtaining the platinum, I would personally be ok with no new trophies. It's getting a bit exhausting thinking I've obtained 100% in a game and trying to move on, only to have previously unanounced DLC add more! Going for 100 games at 100% is a personal goal of mine (all DLC included, achievements/trophies along with Xbox), and I'm at 77 right now. I've got all the GoW games done so far, but maybe I'll just start going after completions for older games where I am CERTAIN no more DLC will be added.....I totally understand that others would want them though! :)

• Like 2

It would be nice to have 4 trophies as follows:

1) Finish the game on Give me God of War

2) Finish the game on Give me God of War +

3) Obtain all new armor upgrades for Kratos

4) Trophy Name: "Here we go again, BOI!" 

Trophy Description: Defeat all Valkyries on Give me God of War +

After obtaining these I would probably take a vacation on an island far away from all technology for at most 2 days...

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Viper said:

The real question is...will there be an actual point in playing NG+? I mean...if you're a trophy hunter and got the Platinum, you did pretty much everything the game had to offer, you obtained most of the important upgrades you needed to get through the game (most notably to beat the Queen Valkyrie). So what would be the point in having NG+ if Kratos can't improve any further? Are we getting new, higher level gear? Will Kratos be able to achieve a new level? New Weapons? Upgrades for Atreus?

People have been asking for a NG+ since the release, but I never understood the need for one in a game where the progression system is finite and linear. Replaying the game with a maxed out Kratos for the entire game doesn't seem very fun to me...other than possible trophies, what goal are you really working towards?

According to the blog post, the patch will include some higher level upgrades to be worked towards in NG+ and some enemies will have new move sets. I agree that a new playthrough with maxed gear doesn't sound too enticing, but at least it looks like there is something to work towards. 

• Test your skills against higher level enemies; some of which might even have a few new tricks up their sleeves!
  • Unique to New Game+ is a brand new rarity level of equipment to craft and upgrade! Collect ‘Skap Slag’, a new resource to upgrade your gear to the best of the best from our finest blacksmiths.
  • Play the game in a whole new way by exploring new customization options with extremely powerful new armor sets and enchantments.

Well if they add a Give Me God of War trophy I've already got a save file right before the end of the game set up just in case ?

I'll probably do a bare bones run just to see what the new features are like though. Kinda wish they had added a new optional boss or area though

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Aeir_ said:

According to the blog post, the patch will include some higher level upgrades to be worked towards in NG+ and some enemies will have new move sets. I agree that a new playthrough with maxed gear doesn't sound too enticing, but at least it looks like there is something to work towards. 

Well that's good to hear. I probably still won't replay it if there's no new trophies though. I loved the game, but I was good with one playthrough...I'd be more content if they just focus on the sequel

50 minutes ago, Aeir_ said:
1 minute ago, RockyRoller said:

No mention about the locked realms though?

Highly doubt those were ever meant to be accessed. Guarantee they were meant to be left for the next game. Give us something to look forward to.

• Like 2

They're adding the ability to skip cut scenes too.

I think that's the best bit of news for me. I love the gameplay enough to play it multiple times but not with sitting through the cutscenes every time. Don't know why that's not standard in games yet. I understand it on first runs but cutscenes definitely kill replayability.

• Like 2

I can finally stop checking for an update everyday hoping the patch would be here. Now i'll just wait for August 20th =)

14 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

They're adding the ability to skip cut scenes too.

I think that's the best bit of news for me. I love the gameplay enough to play it multiple times but not with sitting through the cutscenes every time. Don't know why that's not standard in games yet. I understand it on first runs but cutscenes definitely kill replayability.

Speedrunners will probably love that.

Edited by Quink666

On 8/8/2018 at 0:48 PM, Aeir_ said:

"God of War New Game+ will be available as a free patch update on August 20 (that’s our four-month anniversary already). Remember, to access all the greatness of New Game+, you’ll need to complete the story campaign of God of War on any difficulty. If you already did, New Game+ will be ready and waiting for you on August 20 once you’ve patched." 

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/08/08/god-of-war-new-game-launches-august-20/

Excited to see this option. Do you think they will add new trophies requiring a playthrough in NG+? Horizon did something similar.

Not gonna lie. Wouldn't mind a NG+ trophy, but glad there will never be a "give me gow difficulty" trophy.