Where can i find the M40 Sniper rifle ?

Krove-34

13 hours ago, Krove-34 said:

Hi ! I didn't find the M40 , he's supposed to be in the dropping I think. But I have never seen it. Is he hidden somewhere on the map ?Or it's just in the box ?

They upped it to the ultra rare boxes ( Golden ) you can find em out normal crates iirc but its rare

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, lilpain97 said:

They upped it to the ultra rare boxes ( Golden ) you can find em out normal crates iirc but its rare

So they put a sniper in golden boxes , when the area is small ? ?

It's will be the hardest trophy. You need to be in the top 30-40 , see where the box falls, get lucky to get the sniper without diying and get kill with it.

I hope they change that. Thank for the information !

5 hours ago, Krove-34 said:

So they put a sniper in golden boxes , when the area is small ? 1f610.png

It's will be the hardest trophy. You need to be in the top 30-40 , see where the box falls, get lucky to get the sniper without diying and get kill with it.

I hope they change that. Thank for the information !

To make things worse, the sniper is garbage. It's not even a one shot kill to the head (which is ridiculous imo). 

32 minutes ago, Smzthy said:

To make things worse, the sniper is garbage. It's not even a one shot kill to the head (which is ridiculous imo). 

You are wrong, the M40 is the best weapon and will 1 hit through bike helmets not sure on about military helmets.

I just got 8 kills with it in 1 game all headshots through helmets. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, lilpain97 said:

You are wrong, the M40 is the best weapon and will 1 hit through bike helmets not sure on about military helmets.

I just got 8 kills with it in 1 game all headshots through helmets. 

To be fair, I've only managed to find the sniper once. I ended up with a couple of hitmarkers, even when it was clearly a headshot.

Edit: Yeah, you're right. According to the patch notes it's one shot to the head, regardless of the helmet. 

Edited by Smzthy

I tought I was the only one who didn't find them at all, knew they drop in boxes but didn't know it was only the gold ones, or very very rare in purple or green as lilpain mentions.

The golden boxes are by far the most dangerous ones to get, only ones I got in my hands was the basic hunting rifle and a B1 sniper (purple). 

I'm also wondering off topic since we're talking about weapons etc. Grenades are also hard to find most of the time, and I'm not even talking about the fact to get a kill with it.. Are these also found just in boxes or around the map? I still remember I found them once randomly, so that may be very rare. Guess the 10 kills with grenades will be a pain in the ass too, or am I just not skilled enough on that, would love to hear a response about this.

Edited by VLAAMINGK_N1

7 minutes ago, VLAAMINGK_N1 said:

I tought I was the only one who didn't find them at all, knew they drop in boxes but didn't know it was only the gold ones, or very very rare in purple or green as lilpain mentions.

The golden boxes are by far the most dangerous ones to get, only ones I got in my hands was the basic hunting rifle and a B1 sniper (purple). 

I'm also wondering off topic since we're talking about weapons etc. Grenades are also hard to find most of the time, and I'm not even talking about the fact to get a kill with it.. Are these also found just in boxes or around the map? I still remember I found them once randomly, so that may be very rare. Guess the 10 kills with grenades will be a pain in the ass too, or am I just not skilled enough on that, would love to hear a response about this.

Same for grenade. I never found them. Only on dead body. I'm trying to see if kill in training mode count. I've one kill in solo ( maybe 2 if they count the car explosion cause by grenade ) and 4 training. 

15 minutes ago, Krove-34 said:

Same for grenade. I never found them. Only on dead body. I'm trying to see if kill in training mode count. I've one kill in solo ( maybe 2 if they count the car explosion cause by grenade ) and 4 training. 

Yeah I have one grenade kill too (caused an explosion near a car which killed the guy). Also wondering if this counts as grenade or not, and keep me up-to-date about the trainingmode, I had this in mind too but didn't start it. Curious about the result!

Edited by VLAAMINGK_N1

1 hour ago, Krove-34 said:

Grenades spawn from uncommon ( green ) crates. They aren't great I managed to get a team on 3 with 2 but thats all. I have toooooo much time on this game so if anyone wants to know spawns or best guns just ask.

4 hours ago, natanthegodofgod said:

where can i find those crates

What crates? The uncommon ( green ) spawn early on, the purple ( rare ) spawn mid game and the legendary ( Gold ) spawn end game.The crates are the lights you see around the map they will spawn in random areas around you.They fall from they sky so keep an eye out. 

There are also crates that spawn in buildings, camps and under bridges that make beeping noises ( use headphones or headset to know exactly where ) these can spawn ANYTHING from an uncommon to a legendary. This is probably the best bet for the M40, well at least early game M40 but RNG will probably just drop and AK or Shotgun?

3 hours ago, wolker4 said:

Has anyone else issues with the M40 Sniper trophy? I got way more than 25 kills with it but no trophy.

I guess there's no bug, if you look to the NA version there's a guy with 100% already, so it means it's achievable; maybe you're just really close (1/2 kills)

45 minutes ago, VLAAMINGK_N1 said:

I guess there's no bug, if you look to the NA version there's a guy with 100% already, so it means it's achievable; maybe you're just really close (1/2 kills)

No, I have more than 50 kills with the M40 Sniper. I stopped counting after 50 and for the trophy I only need 25. 

So there's now a 100% achiever.

I messaged him and he said that the trophy unlocked normally. He did specify that he always aimed for headshots. I'm not sure if this could have any impact on the trophy, since the description doesn't mention headshots at all.

On 16/08/2018 at 9:50 PM, wolker4 said:

If the M40 trophy is glitched for anyone then post it here:

https://forums.h1z1.com/discussion/283/one-eye-closed-trophy-bug#latest

Looks like it'll be fixed in today's update...

https://www.h1z1.com/news/ps4-update-august-23-2018

Hopefully you won't need to get the 25 kills again for it to pop.

Edited by Smzthy

The new arcade game with only sniper and shotgun is perfect for the trophy , but it's does'nt work , right ? 

I haven't seen one M40 again. Gold or basic crate , it doesn't matter , i can't find one ?

EDIT :  The arcade eliminations will maybe count because it's also in solo. 

Edited by Krove-34

This trophy is literally impossible, you have no chance of picking up a M40 since everyone’s watching each other of not opening up the gold crates.

Can just the developers make this shit easier? It’s very irritating of surviving minutes... then dying in seconds? Minutes of efforts from your unique life completely wasted, no reward, nothing to progress in the trophies.

Edited by Maxie Mouse
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 25. 8. 2018 at 0:01 PM, Maxie Mouse said:

This trophy is literally impossible, you have no chance of picking up a M40 since everyone’s watching each other of not opening up the gold crates.

Can just the developers make this shit easier? It’s very irritating of surviving minutes... then dying in seconds? Minutes of efforts from your unique life completely wasted, no reward, nothing to progress in the trophies.

Throw smoke grenade near the crate and loot it.

• 3 weeks later...