New 2 TB limitted edition PS4 Pro

Gr4de_04

On 10/08/2018 at 2:01 AM, Death_Ninja said:

It's a gorgeous looking console, really hope they sell the controller separately like the 20th Anniversary one.

Yeah, they are selling it separately too.

I just pre-ordered mine. ^_^

9200000097133741.jpg

Edited by SGRevan
  • Like 2

On 8/9/2018 at 9:09 AM, kidson2004 said:

Damn, 500 million consoles sold! That’s a impressive number!! And to be honest, I do like this, but I feel like a 2TB HDD system should’ve been launched instead of the 1TB HDD version. But nowadays, you can just buy a 2TB HDD and install it yourself. Still, I do like the system. 

Edit: I want that controller! 

You're right, they should've launched with a 2 TB drive- why did they bother with a 500 GB model, or even a 1 TB?  500 GB is nothing, & 1 TB will get ate up surprisingly fast.  Ten games can easily suck down that 1 TB.

OMG it's beautiful.  If I didn't have a PS4 Pro already, I'd get this. I love how the metallic PS4 logo pops against the dark blue.

What is that game at 0:39-0:40?

• Like 1

On 2018-08-09 at 3:21 PM, Dragon-Archon said:

Damn that looks cool. I'd love to get one of those, but just bought a PS4 last year. The 2TB should be enough to last a while too. Slowly, but surely were moving towards petabyte. Curious to see how long it takes before consoles have a memory space of at least 1PB.

1PB. Isn't that 1024TB? Guess maybe 25-50 years from now? Gaming will be cloudbased long before that?

On 8/9/2018 at 8:51 AM, gamesfourever said:

Playstation reached 500 million console sales and it celebrating it by releasing this limited edition PS4 Pro. I think it looks really cool and I'm tempted to get it myself. Although there are only 50 000 Units of this worldwide so it will be hard to get and it costs $499. what are your thoughts? More information up on their blog: https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/08/09/introducing-the-500-million-limited-edition-ps4-pro-commemorating-500-million-systems-sold/

Here is the announcement video (which I somehow missed) from August 6: 

I want this, but I feel the scalpers would've taken all of them by now. :( 

So...only UK gets preorder, and US has to wait till release date? That's bogus. 

Was lucky enough to be able to pre-order one on Wednesday. Got it at my local Game store and there are so few, they only had 13 in stock. I'm just chuffed that it comes with the Playstation Eye etc as i have been thinking it may be about time to have a crack at PSVR. 

Seen some of them being put on eBay already and they are going for £1,300!! i can't imagine the price if someone has the following serial No's:

1) 09995 / 50000 (launch date of original PlayStation)

2) 01115 / 50000 (launch date of PS4)

3) 01013 / 50000 (launch date of PS VR)

The 2tb hard drive was a massive draw for me. Got an extra controller as well just to complete the set. BRING ON THOSE RPG's!

In the mean time... is anyone in the UK up for a second hand PS4 Pro? haha

Read it sold out in 60 seconds, but a few are on ebay starting at $900+ 

A beautiful system....would really love to get my hands on one.  Too bad about all those just looking to flip it for a profit

Edited by waeush84
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, waeush84 said:

Read it sold out in 60 seconds, but a few are on ebay starting at $900+ 

A beautiful system....would really love to get my hands on one.  Too bad about all those just looking to flip it for a profit

I hate that when people scalp LEs of a game or system on Day One.  There should be a 1 per customer limit, just in case someone wants to buy multiples with plans to flip them tomorrow.

There's even one with a BIN of $2000.

On 8/16/2018 at 7:01 AM, NefariousDreamer said:

Was lucky enough to be able to pre-order one on Wednesday. Got it at my local Game store and there are so few, they only had 13 in stock. I'm just chuffed that it comes with the Playstation Eye etc as i have been thinking it may be about time to have a crack at PSVR. 

Seen some of them being put on eBay already and they are going for £1,300!! i can't imagine the price if someone has the following serial No's:

1) 09995 / 50000 (launch date of original PlayStation)

2) 01115 / 50000 (launch date of PS4)

3) 01013 / 50000 (launch date of PS VR)

The 2tb hard drive was a massive draw for me. Got an extra controller as well just to complete the set. BRING ON THOSE RPG's!

In the mean time... is anyone in the UK up for a second hand PS4 Pro? haha

What sucks is that USA can't be preordered, afaik. 

1 hour ago, Dr_Shaneman said:

Only in North America? Us UKians helped on the milestone too though.

This is first limited edition style that looks the business though. I would happily buy that.

UK can preorder, USA can't. 

On 8/14/2018 at 8:53 PM, dzstrpc said:

1PB. Isn't that 1024TB? Guess maybe 25-50 years from now? Gaming will be cloudbased long before that?

Yeah, and I wouldn't be so sure about that. The PS3 started using GB and now the PS4 starts having TB, so who knows, the PS5 might have PB in ~10-15 years.

3 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Yeah, and I wouldn't be so sure about that. The PS3 started using GB and now the PS4 starts having TB, so who knows, the PS5 might have PB in ~10-15 years.

I think you might be right about the evolution of harddrive sizes.

In 1996 my family got a top-of-the-line computer that had a 2GB harddrive. That was the limit for the FAT file system.

Those GB has become TB in 15 years, so why shouldn't they become PB in another 15 years.

The PS3 though started with a 60GB drive and the PS4 with a 500GB drive. It's no like thats a 1000x leap in size.

My guess is the PS5 will start with a 2TB drive then a Slim model will release a few years later with a 4TB drive.

Sorry for being of topic.

The LE PS4 looks cool. Good luck getting one.

27 minutes ago, dzstrpc said:

I think you might be right about the evolution of harddrive sizes.

3 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

so who knows, the PS5 might have PB in ~10-15 years.

Petabyte hard drives are likely not going to be available for a long long time, if ever, at least to the public.  The most realistic obstacle is cloud/online storage technology being the popular choice and the direction we're moving and that it won't be an economical for anyone to choose that size drive.  Also, the technology just isn't there yet to really get passed the current limits without redesigning everything.  Of course, technology is always evolving, but I don't see this one happening for 30+ years.