New 2 TB limitted edition PS4 Pro

Gr4de_04

On 8/9/2018 at 8:51 AM, gamesfourever said:

Playstation reached 500 million console sales and it celebrating it by releasing this limited edition PS4 Pro. I think it looks really cool and I'm tempted to get it myself. Although there are only 50 000 Units of this worldwide so it will be hard to get and it costs $499. what are your thoughts? More information up on their blog: https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/08/09/introducing-the-500-million-limited-edition-ps4-pro-commemorating-500-million-systems-sold/

Here is the announcement video (which I somehow missed) from August 6: 

Well I tried, no hope. But fuck it, I managed to score a Spider-Man pro from GameStop before it sold out again. The only redeeming factor of the 500 million one is the 2tb hdd, but I can easily swap the harddrive of Spider-Man. 

20 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

Yeah, I'm really disappointed.

It sold out an hour before it was supposed to be available...  GOOD JOB GAMESTOP!  Give them away to the scalpers before anyone has a chance.

Sorry to hear you missed out but it went on sale at 12:05am EST thru Gamestop... that is when it was supposed to go on sale. It sold out in less than a minute as well. I was lucky enough to get me a $600 bundle with the matching headset. Best Buy had theirs available at 1am for ordering and I tried to get a second one to have for anyone that may have been unlucky enough to get one but when I put it in my cart and went to checkout it said it was no longer available. Again sold out there in around 30 seconds lol. This makes PS4 #6 for me, my wife is gonna kill me when it arrives lol. She is always telling me what the hell do you need 5 PS4s for, I said SELF BOOSTING! I am such a sucker for the limited edition systems. I have the Uncharted 4 OG model, the FF15 1TB Slim, the Days of Play Gold 1TB, the Monster Hunter World Pro and the God of War Pro... but fuck that spider man console... ITS TOOOOOO MUCH RED, VERY FUGLY!

10 minutes ago, PViddy said:

Sorry to hear you missed out but it went on sale at 12:05am EST thru Gamestop... that is when it was supposed to go on sale. It sold out in less than a minute as well. I was lucky enough to get me a $600 bundle with the matching headset. Best Buy had theirs available at 1am for ordering and I tried to get a second one to have for anyone that may have been unlucky enough to get one but when I put it in my cart and went to checkout it said it was no longer available. Again sold out there in around 30 seconds lol. This makes PS4 #6 for me, my wife is gonna kill me when it arrives lol. She is always telling me what the hell do you need 5 PS4s for, I said SELF BOOSTING! I am such a sucker for the limited edition systems. I have the Uncharted 4 OG model, the FF15 1TB Slim, the Days of Play Gold 1TB, the Monster Hunter World Pro and the God of War Pro... but fuck that spider man console... ITS TOOOOOO MUCH RED, VERY FUGLY!

Spider-Man was all I was lucky enough to get :( 

On 8/24/2018 at 9:24 PM, PViddy said:

Sorry to hear you missed out but it went on sale at 12:05am EST thru Gamestop... that is when it was supposed to go on sale.

This is incorrect. Polygon confirmed with a GameStop rep multiple times the system would go on sale at 12:01 AM CST, though unfortunately they jumped the gun and released it an hour earlier:

https://www.polygon.com/2018/8/23/17773014/ps4-pro-500-million-limited-edition-bundle-how-to-buy-amazon-gamestop

GameStop sold out within seconds on my end due to bots, with the only thing left being their extremely expensive "ultimate edition". The only way I even found the link to purchase one was thru an aggregator (GameStop's website is unnavigable). 

Best Buy for me sold out instantaneously despite the fact I used the app, and Target abruptly changed from "coming soon" to "temporarily out of stock". 

A shit sandwich all around, though that is to be expected with something as limited as this. The vagueness cast over the proceedings is classic Sony and has resulted in scalpers winning yet again.

• 3 weeks later...