The 3rd secret... wtf??

VirtualNight

I just began the game, and just 30 seconds and i'm stucked. The 3rd secret, after the sledgehammer, seems impossible for me to pick. I'm supposed to jump on the ledge of the balcony in the opposite building (the one i started from) but i can not land there at all, i'm always rejected or simply is like i do not land on the ledge but just quickly go down like if i jump on a wall, and i saw detailed explanations on internet, and no one ever seemed to have problems.

EDIT:

Edited by VirtualNight

57 minutes ago, Saionji said:

I remember this bs, I had to pratcice this a bit before I could pull it off. You have to jump at the right angle, heres the video of all secrets. Skip to  00:36

Is so annoying to be stucked right when you begin a game, that secret's location seems like a shortcut that speedrunners usually use, i was never good in mimic such jumps... i hope this is the hardest secret to pick.

40 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

You have to be careful when using videos for the PC and Xbox versions of SS3, because some of the secrets are in a different place in the PS3 release and others are either buggy or completely invisible :(.

Yes i read that. Such a buggy game that seems something made by Ubi.

5 hours ago, VirtualNight said:

I picked it, i used another way explained in a comment of a yt vid. This is much easier than the original way.

After picking the sledgehammer, go on the opposite direction to land on the 3rd building with railings, continue on the same direction and you will see a satellite antenna above you; on your right side is a small platform between 2 buildings, jump on it and turn 180 degrees; now you will be facing the building that has the secret; run jump on it to land on a small edge below (you will lose 10 health), and slowly follow it and move around the corner until you are under the secret, now jump and you should pick it. Hope this helps!

Good stuff.

Secret 5 in Level 5 has a different jumping method to get to as well on PS3. The boxes got taken out so you'll have to use white dumpster to jump to the blue dumpsters to get to the ledge on the wall that all the videos just jump up to from the boxes. The A/Cs are also really finicky to jump up but the Cannon is still up there.

On 8/10/2018 at 8:29 AM, VirtualNight said:

I picked it, i used another way explained in a comment of a yt vid. This is much easier than the original way.

After picking the sledgehammer, go on the opposite direction to land on the 3rd building with railings, continue on the same direction and you will see a satellite antenna above you; on your right side is a small platform between 2 buildings, jump on it and turn 180 degrees; now you will be facing the building that has the secret; run jump on it to land on a small edge below (you will lose 10 health), and slowly follow it and move around the corner until you are under the secret, now jump and you should pick it. Hope this helps!

Hmmm...that YT comment that helped sure sounds familiar. Wonder who wrote it....hmmmmm

:D

• 7 months later...