Greetings everyone!

ArrenDusk

10 hours ago, Squirlruler said:

Welcome to the site! HZD is a great game. Loved playing that. You might be interested in The Witcher 3. Another really good game. Also, can't recommend Nier Automata enough. Lol. Enjoy your stayand happy hunting!

Thank you! The Witcher series are indeed in my hall of shame, I know it’s great and I’m pretty sure I’d be into it, but I want to be fully immersed into the story by the time I play Witcher 3: starting with the books, and going through Witcher 1, 2, and then finally 3. I have the first two games and I’ll probably end up getting 3 for the PS4. Saving that experience for a rainy day.

Nier is in a similar position. I want to play the first one, but that’s on PS3. I really like my continuity, so when I do get around to that I’ll definitely pick up Automata after!

• Like 1

Hello! Welcome to the site ^^

I see you are quite the PlayStation guy considering all the Sony consoles you have gone through. Much more than me, that's for sure. Even though I played with PS1 and PS2 consoles in the past, my first Sony console was a PS3 I got at some point during 2011. Been stuck with it ever since. Great gaming machine so far.

You've got a quite a good selection of games to start enjoying your PS4 Pro. Gran Turismo Sport is a game I'd like to check if I ever get that console.

I take it that you enjoyed Persona 4 Golden on your Vita so much that you quickly ended up purchasing Persona 5 afterward, right? I got a Vita not so long ago and I am still hunting for a physical copy of that game in particular ;)

As far as PS3 exclusives, for when you eventually get one, I'd definitely recommend Demon's Souls and Tales of Xillia as must play games for the console. You might also want to check on titles such as 3D Dot Game Heroes, Catherine or Vanquish. Granted, some of them were also available on Xbox or are being ported out to PS4, but you might have a good chance of finding them at a lower price point on older hardware. Other than those, be sure to check some of the obligatory Sony exclusives for the time like Gran Turismo 6, and series like InFamous, LittleBigPlanet and Uncharted if you want to know more about the games that were popular back on its generation.

Hope you enjoy your time around here. See ya! :D

• Like 1

@Lorajet: Thank you! 

@Honor_Hand: Thanks for the warm welcome! The PS3 still looks highly playable nowadays, that's for sure. Graphics from that era are still pretty good in my opinion, so I'm sure it'll get a lot of playtime once I do get it.

Having lots of fun with Gran Turismo Sport so far, though I'm only playing that in short bursts for the time being: You get a free car every day if you do a couple of races per day, so for the purposes of getting the best car for the meta as well as saving tons of ingame credits, I find that's the optimal way to play it right now. Yes, it has microtransactions, but the game's so generous that I have had no reason to spend extra for those.

As for Persona 5, I wish! I only got a Persona 5 theme to go with my PS4 home screen, because the game's classy style is just that good. 

In fact, I'm currently fighting the urge to pick it up right now since my backlog's bad enough as it is, but Persona 4 Golden was such a good game that it got me hyped enough to try out the entire franchise. Definitely worth picking that up for the Vita. I've found that P4G in particular tends to be cheaper than the average Vita game, so you might be lucky soon enough. I too prefer to get my games physically nowadays, unless I absolutely cannot.

As for the PS3 exclusives, I always do a bit of research first to make sure if there isn't a PS4 version already out, because newer hardware's normally the best choice. So stuff like Uncharted 1-3, The Last of Us or God of War 3 are all going to be PS4 purchases. And while I do have a 360, I'm only getting exclusives for that: multiplatform games of that generation (Vanquish, Bayonetta, etc) are all going to my PS3 because I'm simply more invested in PSN right now. With that in mind, there's a lot that I still need to take a look at. Which is awesome.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2018 at 6:02 PM, ArrenDusk said:

Hey there fellow trophy hunters! I already had a profile for a few months but decided to chime in seeing as this seems like a pretty cool crowd!

I'll play anything but I do have a preference for good JRPGs. I've always been a Playstation dude at heart: Grew up with the PS1 and PS2, and after unfortunately having to skip on the PS3, my Sony console fix was way overdue.

So last December I grabbed a PS4 Pro, the Star Wars edition because it just looked great, and it's been a blast. Great console, awesome exclusives: so far Bloodborne and Horizon: Zero Dawn have been the best in that regard but I know I've got a lot more to play!

To try to avoid getting sidetracked from all the stuff I've decided that I'd focus on my physical backlog first: the five games that I got with the PS4 last December: Crash, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Battlefront 2, Uncharted: Lost Legacy and Gran Turismo Sport. I've got a feeling it'll take a while, but that's okay, they've all mostly been great.

Also got my hands on a Vita a couple months back because I was initially interested in Remote Play with the PS4 and also because I wanted to take advantage of the Plus titles that I was getting for the Vita, but I was thinking that I should get a game to go along with it, so I get the one that everyone was talking about. 

Enter Persona 4 Golden. Did I like it? Well.... let's just say that a few weeks after discovering P4G, I strangely ended up with a Persona 5 theme on my PS4, and a burning desire to play it, propelling it to the top of my wishlist. Can't wait.

After these initial games on the PS4 and Vita, I plan on getting a PS3 in the future since there's a few games I definitely need to check out. The ones that come to my mind are MGS4, Ni No Kuni, Demon's Souls and a couple of Tales Of games, but I'm sure I'm forgetting a few good exclusives. 

While I do have a good idea of what games I'll be getting down the road, I'll take any suggestions or ideas of what you guys might think I might be into!

Looking forward to getting to know the community, join in the many discussions out there, and have fun in the inevitable future boosting sessions we may have! 1f601.png

Might I suggest getting the God of War series when you eventually get a PS3. They're still not remastered for PS4 (aside from III), so PS3 (or Vita for a couple) is the only way to go to get the greatest experience. Also one of my favorite CODs is on PS3: Black Ops 1, such an awesome campaign, though Veteran can get brutal with the spawns. I know some people might recommend the inFamous series or [PROTOTYPE], but since you've played Battlefront, you might be interested in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed I and II?