TWD: The Final Season Trophy Thoughts

From the looks of things, it won't be a simple "play through the game, earn the plat" list anymore. Looks like they're adding collectibles and such to encourage exploring. My guess is they're testing the waters for a new formula and future installments will be like this. Obviously there will be spoilers.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8023-the-walking-dead-the-final-season

Edited by BlindMango
Merged both trophy thoughts threads
  • Like 3

Only four episodes? If not for how TWD2 was handled, I'd be worried it was a shorter season this time 'round. 

I'm all for harder trophies, emphasis on the *er*, but tbh I don't care. I'm here for the story, not the plat. 

...Plus I preordered it on Xbox and netted myself the complete series as a complimentary bonus, with I think 4000 GS for just playing through the lot, so either way, the purchase of season four will eventually lead to a shitload of GS (again, not that I care really), so change up the formula all you want, chivo hunters will still be getting a buttload of them from the purchase.

I haven't even played season three yet... I'm tired of Telltale stuff.

TWD1 was a cool game, though. TWD2 was disappointing (especially that crackhead character that made me wear a coat I didn't want and who didn't think about walking on thin ice instead of crawling - I let her die in the water on my second playthrough). I've heard much negativity about TWD3.

Here's hoping TWD4 marks the beginning of a new (fresh) era. Possibly with TWAU2.

• Like 1

I'm curious how it will end, I'm hoping

Spoiler

Clem will survive, but that's very unlikely.

19 minutes ago, Ezio Auditore said:

TWD1 was a cool game, though. TWD2 was disappointing (especially that crackhead character that made me wear a coat I didn't want and who didn't think about walking on thin ice instead of crawling - I let her die in the water on my second playthrough). I've heard much negativity about TWD3.

Here's hoping TWD4 marks the beginning of a new (fresh) era. Possibly with TWAU2.

I'd love a TWAU2 and TFTB2. Those are my favourite TellTale games so far.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ezio Auditore said:

The final season is the beginning of a change for Telltale, they lost a lot of staff recently, which seems to have made them change the way they were doing things since 2012. They have a Stranger Things title in the mix and we’ll probably see that before we see The Wolf Among Us 2 But we do know it will come next year at some point.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, jdizzle0420 said:

That deal is on PSN as well. Except its only 1 plat for all the games...

Yup. Bummer about that I guess, but oh well.

I was always gonna get the game, but I was gonna wait until it went on an inevitable sale, but since I had the main 3 on PS4 and only Michonne on Xbox, the deal was too sweet to pass up, since I barely touch my PS4 anymore, I've found myself picking up games I had there quite a few times when they hit a particularly good deal on Xbox. Rebought Just Cause 3 for 8 bucks a few weeks back, Titanfall 2 for 7, and so on. Ended up trading the PS4 versions for more than that anyway so win win for me. And that ends this long ass story you didn't need or want to hear anyway.

15 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Reveal hidden contents

Think they already confirmed season 2 of The Wolf Among Us, as for Tales from the Borderlands 2 - My bet is that it'll release close to or a bit after Borderlands 3 as a tie-in game.

4 minutes ago, StarMadeKnight said:

Think they already confirmed season 2 of The Wolf Among Us, as for Tales from the Borderlands 2 - My bet is that it'll release close to or a bit after Borderlands 3 as a tie-in game.

Any news on the Game of Thrones season 2? Ive been waiting for that forever.

Edited by Quink666

3 minutes ago, StarMadeKnight said:

Nice, I completely missed that. Looked it up and found something about TWAU2 being released in 2019. Couldn't find anything about TftB2 though.

2 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

It was announced after season 1 ended, but nothing so far.

29 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Reveal hidden contents

As far as I know they said that it's up to Gearbox if they make another season of Borderlands or not. I'd like to see what they do next with it. Season 1 was great.

I think there was some rumours going around a while ago that there waiting till the show ends. Just rumours though, sounds plausible though.

You mean after the hype dies off and people lose interest in the brand?

Game of Thrones is by far my least favorite Telltale series. To me the meaninglessness of choices in their games was never more obvious than in that series.

Edited by soniq

Just now, Dragon-Archon said:

Nice, I completely missed that. Looked it up and found something about TWAU2 being released in 2019. Couldn't find anything about TftB2 though.

It was announced after season 1 ended, but nothing so far.

Yeah glad Wolf among Us 2 is coming, i never really got into the first, gunna give it another go in a few weeks when i do all the TWD games.

Can't wait for GoT season 2, first one was pretty sweet.

25 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Reveal hidden contents

Well, if you read the comics, it's kind of about Carl growing up. I can see the games doing the same for Clem. That secret trophy in the last episode is annoying, though, and exactly why I don't usually look at trophy lists of games I want to play.

25 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

3 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Yeah, announcements don't mean anything when it comes to Telltale until any official screens or logos have been revealed. TWAU S2 was "confirmed" back after closing S1.

18 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

The final season is the beginning of a change for Telltale, they lost a lot of staff recently, which seems to have made them change the way they were doing things since 2012. They have a Stranger Things title in the mix and we’ll probably see that before we see The Wolf Among Us 2 But we do know it will come next year at some point.

Didn't know they have Stranger Things coming up. Could be cool.

6 minutes ago, Paleblood said:

A New Frontier was amazing! If the first episode is free you gotta try it. I found the intro to the game the best work Telltale has ever done.

But I really liked it so... you will probably hate it or find it boring xD

If it's ever free, I definitely will try it.

But yeah, you liking it doesn't really bode well for the game.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Reveal hidden contents

Im curious when TWD tv show will end, that thing drags on forever. Atleast Telltale know when to much is simply to much. Four season in total is a good number, especially with one the of those seasons beeing rather booring(season 2). Season 1 and The New Frontier was great. Here hoping this season will deliver aswell .

Edited by Quink666

10 minutes ago, soniq said:

As far as I know they said that it's up to Gearbox if they make another season of Borderlands or not. I'd like to see what they do next with it. Season 1 was great.

You mean after the hype dies off and people lose interest in the brand?

Game of Thrones is by far my least favorite Telltale series. To me the meaninglessness of choices in their games was never more obvious than in that series.

Sorry for late reply, weather has been pretty bad here today and Internet keeps cutting out.

Agree with you about the first TFTBL i loved season 1, never seen about that, definitely sounds right.

Yeah while i liked season 1 of GoT the impact of your choices were never really felt imo - Compared to say TWD.

16 minutes ago, Ezio Auditore said:

Well, if you read the comics, it's kind of about Carl growing up. I can see the games doing the same for Clem. That secret trophy in the last episode is annoying, though, and exactly why I don't usually look at trophy lists of games I want to play.

Yeah, announcements don't mean anything when it comes to Telltale until any official screens or logos have been revealed. TWAU S2 was "confirmed" back after closing S1.

Didn't know they have Stranger Things coming up. Could be cool.

If it's ever free, I definitely will try it.

But yeah, you liking it doesn't really bode well for the game.

Yeah, there’s no details about it yet, but they said It would be the first game using the Unity Engine, as this season of Walking Dead will be the last telltale game to use the engine that they’ve used for the last 15 years or so. Wolf Among Us 2 will probably be the second to use the Unity Engine.

Also it seems we may not be getting a Plat for this Season.

Edited by DarkHpokinsn

7 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Im curious when TWD tv show will end, that thing drags on forever. Atleast Telltale know when to much is simply to much. Four season in total in a good number especially with on the of those seasons beeing rather booring(season 2). Season 1 and The New Frontier was great. Here hoping this season will deliver aswell .

Don't think it'll end for a while, the show will seem strange now that Rick has left - But for them to pay Norman the amount they did to stay on the show definitely seems that there planning to keep it going for awhile.

Just now, StarMadeKnight said:

Don't think it'll end for a while, the show will seem strange now that Rick has left - But for them to pay Norman the amount they did to stay on the show definitely seems that there planning to keep it going for awhile.

Are there any numbers out there how much he got to stay on the show? Only thing ive heard is that it was a significant sum. Would be cool to  know how much that might be.