TWD: The Final Season Trophy Thoughts

2 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Are there any numbers out there how much he got to stay on the show? Only thing ive heard is that it was a significant sum. Would be cool to  know how much that might be. 

About 20 million for the season supposedly. Will probably be the same for each consecutive season. (If its true)

20 minutes ago, StarMadeKnight said:

Yeah glad Wolf among Us 2 is coming, i never really got into the first, gunna give it another go in a few weeks when i do all the TWD games.

Can't wait for GoT season 2, first one was pretty sweet.

Definitely give it another try, I liked how the ending made me question a lot of things that happened throughout the entire season.

I was looking forward to GoT a lot, but it turned out to be a huge disappointment. Especially the way how

Spoiler

the traitor was handled and how Ramsey suddenly returns at the start of episode 4 and wipes out all the progress I made.

17 minutes ago, Ezio Auditore said:

Well, if you read the comics, it's kind of about Carl growing up. I can see the games doing the same for Clem. That secret trophy in the last episode is annoying, though, and exactly why I don't usually look at trophy lists of games I want to play.

Haven't read the comics, but I heard that in the tv show

Spoiler

Carl dies and it seems to be all about Rick.

11 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Im curious when TWD tv show will end, that thing drags on forever. Atleast Telltale know when to much is simply to much. Four season in total is a good number, especially with one the of those seasons beeing rather booring(season 2). Season 1 and The New Frontier was great. Here hoping this season will deliver aswell .

I know what you mean, I stopped watching after season 6 because it drags on so that it can be milked for years.

Good to know season 3 is better, didn't buy that one due to season 2 being disappointing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Haven't read the comics, but I heard that in the tv show

Reveal hidden contents

Carl dies and it seems to be all about Rick.

Yeah, but then again the television show is slow-as-fuck soap drama shit if you've read the comics. They did some things better, like Shane, who was offed too quickly in the comic book, but overall ever since they fired Darabont it's been a declining spiral of stupid. Not to mention the very blatant "we got a new black actor, now we've got to kill off one of the other ones!" they've been doing.

Some collectible related trophies would be nice. I imagine the platinum will still be easy just not 'just make it to the end of the game' easy. I still plan on checking this out. I still think the first season was my favorite. Oh Lee :( As far as the TV... I gave up on it around season 5 or 6. I've heard it's going to shit lately.

8 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I'm curious how it will end, I'm hoping

Reveal hidden contents

Clem will survive, but that's very unlikely.

The hidden trophies from the last episode don't sound too promising if that's what you want and I think many are expecting that.

I've heard some speculate this won't have a plat. Not sure why, though. :hmm:

Edited by Spyro

On 8/10/2018 at 3:40 AM, Dragon-Archon said:

I'm curious how it will end, I'm hoping

Hide contents

Clem will survive, but that's very unlikely.

I'd love a TWAU2 and TFTB2. Those are my favourite TellTale games so far.

Highly unlikely.. they kind of spoiled it a bit with the US ps blog story.. I could say more.. but I will respect people and not spoil it.. but, well, it’s kind of obvious, from the comics and the show.. and don’t be an idiot and say that has nothing to do with the game.. 

?

Kinda happy it is not just play through the story once and get the platinum, I think finding the collectibles and doing the specific trophies will be interesting.

6 minutes ago, Letenko22 said:

I like that they added trophies for collectibles, that's always welcomed in my book, I just hope they aren't too tedious.

From the demo that I played, the collectibles don't look too hard to find.

33 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

I like that they have done something different with the trophy list this time around. Hoping all future Telltale games follow suite.

They even put a little effort into the trophy images this time.

Still you're basically mostly following the story, collecting trophies along the way.

The Wolf Among Us had missables if you just did the entire game through without backtracking to an earlier point.

9 minutes ago, Walt the Dog said:

I'm gonna go ahead and be that guy and say that I'm kinda disappointed with the direction this list took. Everything about these games is designed around making your own choices and playing blind, so having trophies that could potentially work against that point by either requiring certain choices to be made or just outright forcing you to make both sides of a decision seems fairly ill-advised. Also doesn't help that one of my favorite parts about TT games was not having to follow a guide at all for the plat unlike so many other EZPZ games, which will almost certainly not be the case here given the existence of collectables and miscellaneous trophies, particularly given how those manifested in The Wolf Among Us and Minecraft S1, the other post-TWD S1 TT games to have trophies outside of just clearing the story.

The games prior to The Walking Dead had missables, but nothing really major.

Personally I just don't understand the gripe people have when they find that not every trophy can be gained blind. The Wolf Among Us was still enjoyable to play and experience even with those missables, so I don't see why the last season of The Walking Dead is any different from that. You're still experiencing the story, you're still getting a lot of trophies, you're still seeing the characters evolve.

Then when someone makes a trophy list like Broken Age that has a ton of missables and potentially frustrating trophies, people gripe and complain.

• Like 1

While i know it is choice to do. But i cant stop thinking about how trophy in story choice matter heavy game force you to do the playthrough in specific way just to get the trophy. I think my PT of David Cage game ruined because of trophy. I dont want to mess up trophy so i decide to follow soft walkthrough so i didnt missed something important that could be time consume to comeback later.

Telltale one mostly play at my own story as i always get 100% is one of the thing i like about it. As my career of trophy hunter. It's relax, tension free playthrough and get platinum for participate in story.

Edited by FielVeredus

Another thing to consider is that maybe this might require multiple playthroughs. Telltale games always had multiple endings to some extent but since this is the final season they can go nuts with multiple endings without having to worry about future seasons canon too much.Case and point the first 3 episodes trophies seem like either story related or are random easter eggs but some of the trophies in episode 4 seem kinda suspicious as 3 of them(and one of the collectible trophies) seem to hint at the possibility that you know what will die, but the other 3 could possibly relate to the alternate ending where you know who actually survives as its kinds suspicious that half of episode 4s story related trophies hint at death while the other hint at something more hopeful.

12 minutes ago, Spaz said:

The games prior to The Walking Dead had missables, but nothing really major.

Personally I just don't understand the gripe people have when they find that not every trophy can be gained blind. The Wolf Among Us was still enjoyable to play and experience even with those missables, so I don't see why the last season of The Walking Dead is any different from that. You're still experiencing the story, you're still getting a lot of trophies, you're still seeing the characters evolve.

Then when someone makes a trophy list like Broken Age that has a ton of missables and potentially frustrating trophies, people gripe and complain.

Had things been different and this was, say, God of War Lite or one of Telltale's earlier and more puzzle-oriented games, I'd be praising this list since, to its credit, it does actually show some creativity on TellTale's part, which is generally a highlight for any trophy list. Thing is, the usual post-TWD TT game doesn't follow the core design philosophy of many other games, focusing on story and, in particular, making the player feel relatively comfortable making their own decisions with no particular desired outcome.

They are fairly close to visual novels in this manner, though whereas those games tend to focus on a completionist endgoal where one must get all of the endings and see everything there is to see, even going so far as to implement features such as multiple save slots, the ability to save anywhere, and even flowcharts on occasion to encourage this type of play, TT games take the exact opposite approach, explicitly giving each playthrough one save file which works solely on autosaves, giving you a rundown of how many people made choice X on decision A instead of choice Y at the end of each episode, and, IIRC, having a rewind ability so fucked that it will just randomly generate choices regardless of previous data to discourage abusing it, all of which serves to enforce a mentality of making your own choices and living with their consequences instead of working towards some specific goal that the game assigned you. There's also the matter of how the choices often don't really matter due to the story often taking a linear path that it never really strays from despite one's choices as well as their mentality of making meaningful choices render themselves pointless (i.e. how the various TWD S2 endings were all taken care of for TWD S3 or how utterly pointless 400 Days ended up being in relation to TWD S2), though that has more to do with the episodic nature of the games making more diverse story branches impractical to implement than anything else.

To this matter, the fact that the trophies do assign external goals is something that worries me as someone who enjoys the kind of experience that a TT game provides since now it forces a decision on whether to specifically go for the trophies and risk dulling the usual TT experience or do a blind run as normal and risk having to redo parts of it again to get shit that I missed (as someone who has stacked TT games before, I can testify that replaying them is really not as fun as the first run, especially when it's close together).

It's not a game-ruiner by any means, though when I had to deal with it for The Wolf Among Us, it was certainly not something I felt actually benefited the game in any way, and Minecraft S1 having a particularly dumb trophy duo for Episode 2 is one of the reasons for my general apathy towards going back and actually finishing that one (though its lesser quality and the fact that there are eight fucking episodes definitely doesn't help).

Now if you wanna talk Broken Age, while I feel that the speedrun trophy was a dumb idea given that the point-and-click genre is really not one suited to speedruns, not to mention it all but requires a guide unless you have a memory like an elephant, most of the list is actually alright. The point of that genre is to puzzle oneself to begin with, so the trophies generally just extend on and compliment that idea in ways that would be too frustrating if they were required to make any progress, which is something a trophy list should do, not to mention it has a few other little challenges related to stuff you would be doing anyway.

• Like 1