the_game_nerd

Green Cities DLC, will this come to PS4?

19 posts in this topic

It's not stated as being part of the season pass so my guess it's either not coming or it'll be part of another season pass

5 hours ago, Cleggworth said:

It's not stated as being part of the season pass so my guess it's either not coming or it'll be part of another season pass

I couldn't see a second season pass happening, that would defeat the purpose of a season pass in the first place.  Maybe it might come as a free DLC for everyone, or it will just be included in the season pass even though it is not currently listed....??

9 hours ago, the_game_nerd said:

I couldn't see a second season pass happening, that would defeat the purpose of a season pass in the first place.  Maybe it might come as a free DLC for everyone, or it will just be included in the season pass even though it is not currently listed....??

It wouldn't be the first game with a season pass that didn't include everything. Isn't rainbow six siege up to its 3rd season pass now? The steam version also has a parks DLC as well. Maybe they'll just charge separately for them but they definitely won't be free

Edited by Cleggworth

Just logged on to see a trophy pop for the new DLC. Guess it hasn't been updated to the main site yet?

2 minutes ago, xav2010 said:

It should be available tomorrow ;-)

Cool stuff. Wonder if it's going to be free for those who bought the complete edition.

The trophy that popped for me is Greenest City. There are five more, but they all look extremely easy.

I'm surprised to see this. Free for season pass holders?

Edit- most likely not. The Xbox store supposedly has a new listing for a premium edition 2019 and a season pass 2 so presumably it'll be the same for our version. It'll contain green cities, parklife and industry expansions

Edited by Cleggworth

7 minutes ago, Cleggworth said:

I would think so. You wouldn't be able to pop trophies from the DLC unless you own the DLC, right?

I don't see any new content in the game yet, but you can get one of the trophies for simply not having any industrial areas in your city. The others require building all the new schools (one trophy), producing all electricity without using raw materials (one trophy), and converting all zones to a new specialization (one for residential, one for office, and one for commercial). None of those should take long, once you have the necessary stuff unlocked.

17 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

I would think so. You wouldn't be able to pop trophies from the DLC unless you own the DLC, right?

Potentially. If you are able to fulfill the requirement for the trophy not using assets from the new dlc then maybe. There were trophies in the Witcher 3 DLC hearts of stone you could earn without owning it

Edited by Cleggworth

Just now, Cleggworth said:

Potentially. If you are able to fulfill the requirement for the trophy not using assets from the new dlc then maybe. There were trophies in the Witcher 3 DLC hearts of stone you could earn without owning it

Yeah, that's true. When I go to the main menu, it lists Green Cities under "Available to purchase," along with European Suburbia and Carols, Candles, and Candies (which I think they're a little late on).

If they do charge for it, I hope we can at least pick up the season pass 2 right away.

1 hour ago, Cassylvania said:

The trophy that popped for me is Greenest City. There are five more, but they all look extremely easy.

I just hope there are no What The...? type of trophies there. 😕

3 minutes ago, theomgkitteh said:

I just hope there are no What The...? type of trophies there. 1f615.png

Seriously. I've been leaving my PS4 on overnight for the past few days just to get that thing to pop.

Good news, though! Frenetic Player is no longer bugged. I don't know if anybody else was having that issue with the digital version, but I was able to get it right now just by spamming X and O on a newly built police HQ.

11 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Good news, though! Frenetic Player is no longer bugged. I don't know if anybody else was having that issue with the digital version, but I was able to get it right now just by spamming X and O on a newly built police HQ.

Thanks!  I was having trouble with this before too, but just tried it now after the new update and it popped with no issues.

11 hours ago, Cleggworth said:

Edit- most likely not. The Xbox store supposedly has a new listing for a premium edition 2019 and a season pass 2 so presumably it'll be the same for our version. It'll contain green cities, parklife and industry expansions

Yeah, it looks like we're getting the same.  Here's a thread on the developer's forums about it: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/season-pass-2019-coming-january-31st.1148339/

In that thread there's also a link to the playstation blog here: https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2019/01/28/new-on-playstation-store-this-week-kingdom-hearts-iii-genesis-alpha-one-8-bit-hordes-more/  Scroll down and you'll see Cities: Skylines Premium Edition 2 listed as being released January 31st.  Also a Mayor's edition, which seems to be season pass 1 & 2 along with the base game.

I'd love to get everything with the first premium edition, but it looks very unlikely.  I guess we'll find out soon.

Edited by dmland12

You gotta pay for Green Cities. Just started the game and it didn't listed new DLC as installed. But rather available for purchase. 😕

On one hand, I'm happy about new DLC (or, most likely, DLCs) with trophies. But on the other hand, I was hoping that 1 season pass would be enough to cover them all and I wouldn't have to spend additional money on another one. Oh well... Can't have everything in life.

Edited by theomgkitteh

There's a season pass called " Season Pass 2 - Included 2019's DLC " on the Australian PS Store.... So, i think we will have to pay another season pass...

17 minutes ago, xav2010 said:

There's a season pass called " Season Pass 2 - Included 2019's DLC " on the Australian PS Store.... So, i think we will have to pay another season pass...

Eh, all good with me since they actually went ahead and patched the troubling trophies for the base game in order for the plat to be obtained without going through all the DLC... Can't wait to build me some more cities!