Neocarleen

[NA] PSN Flash Sale | Ends 8/13 8AM PDT

43 posts in this topic

A second Flash Sale this month?

Edit: Despite it being listed as a Flash Sale under the Sales menu on the PSN store, it's also referred to as Deals under $10, apparently.

Edited by IntroPhenom

Would anyone recommend Road Rage? I have fond memories of it from the PS1 era but curious if the remake lives up to it.

i decided to save money. going to ditch kings collection and adam for now. otherwise i would need to find a card but 3 games is good enough for me.

daganronpa 2: goodbye despair (vita) had to add this to my collection as a possible boss game
stranger of sword city (ps4) strangely i like those command rpg games i didn't want to miss out on this.
knee deep (ps4) not part of the flash sale.

Edited by kingdrake2

5 minutes ago, kingdrake2 said:

i decided to save money. going to ditch kings collection and adam for now. otherwise i would need to find a card but 3 games is good enough for me.

daganronpa 2: goodbye despair (vita) had to add this to my collection as a possible boss game
stranger of sword city (ps4) strangely i like those command rpg games i didn't want to miss out on this.
knee deep (ps4) not part of the flash sale.

How are the Danganronpa games?  What are the controls/combat like?

i have no idea. i kinda got scared of tackling the first game because the guide was confusing but i think i'll get the guts to handle it someday.

for a 3/10 difficulty it's completable by any means on my end though.

Edited by kingdrake2

23 minutes ago, Aeir_ said:

Would anyone recommend Road Rage? I have fond memories of it from the PS1 era but curious if the remake lives up to it.

I didn't really like it either when i played it, but just decide it for yourself if you wanna buy it or not.

1 hour ago, IntroPhenom said:

All the Danganronpa games (that I know of) are visual novels.

10 minutes ago, Masamune said:

All the Danganronpa games (that I know of) are visual novels.

Ultra Despair Girls is a weird shooter, that me and maybe 5 other people enjoyed.

56 minutes ago, mako-heart said:

Ultra Despair Girls is a weird shooter, that me and maybe 5 other people enjoyed.

Oh, really? I thought all of them were VNs. xD I may like it then, I usually enjoy shooters. 

Speaking of Danganronpa, that looks about like the only interesting thing for me in this sale... I may get 1 & 2 for now. :hmm: I've been wanting to watch the 3rd anime, but I wanted to wait till I at least played the second game first.

1 minute ago, Masamune said:

Oh, really? I thought all of them were VNs. xD I may like it then, I usually enjoy shooters. 

Speaking of Danganronpa, that looks about like the only interesting thing for me in this sale... I may get 1 & 2 for now. :hmm: I've been wanting to watch the 3rd anime, but I wanted to wait till I at least played the second game first.

Yeah... should probably do

1 > 2 > UDG > animes > V3

On 8/10/2018 at 2:28 PM, IntroPhenom said:

They're primarily visual novels, so it's mainly just reading. It does have a point-and-click like nature. I'd say they're just as gameplay heavy as a Telltale game.

On 8/10/2018 at 2:55 PM, mako-heart said:

Yeah... should probably do

1 > 2 > UDG > animes > V3

Personally, I found V3 to be the best entry in the series. Realized that this is supposed to be the play order xD 

Edited by Golden Devil Gamer

Sigh* it's a shame, nothing to me again on this new flash sale /: maybe the next time.

38 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

The Danganronpa games are amazing. They're not really pure visual novels. Not sure how to describe them, but they're usually compared to the Phoenix Wright games. They're very dark games where you try to solve who among you murdered another, and there are usually some minigames involved. 

25 minutes ago, mako-heart said:

And then there's this one. :lol: I enjoyed the story, but not so much the gameplay. 

I made a US account about a year ago for these kind of sales but never used it so far. But Titanfall 2 for $6 is very tempting. In the EU it has never been below €15.

1 hour ago, Aeir_ said:

Exact same situation here except I played it on PC :). 

From what I heard the remake is a glitchy mess

Edit: ok I just watched the video review and my goodness I'm not touching that... 

Horrible horrible animation when swinging the bat. Also the bike just explodes the moment you touch something which my guess is that they couldn't animate ragdolling. Imo this makes the game a lot more dull. 

Wow.. can't believe that the ps1 road rage is better than this.

Edited by PooPooBlast

3 minutes ago, PooPooBlast said:

Exact same situation here except I played it on PC :). 

From what I heard the remake is a glitchy mess

Yeah, after reading a few reviews I think I'm going to pass for now. Maybe someday I'll try it out, but for now, I have plenty or arguably better games on my backlog.

Had sales been bad? Why we getting another...lol. Cmon! I prefer quality sales over quantity! Give us those 90% discounts back!! I miss buying those 99cent games....

10 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

Had sales been bad? Why we getting another...lol. Cmon! I prefer quality sales over quantity! Give us those 90% discounts back!! I miss buying those 99cent games....

in the 5 years of joining the sony family. only 2 times they had those type of sales.

1st time i was able to scoop alot of games

2nd time. i couldn't. ran out of money so i could make sure my cat can eat for the month.

Edited by kingdrake2

14 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

This is absoul fact.

MAIN REASON I BECAME A PS PLUS MEMBER LOL