Did they screw up the game with adventure pack?

Holy hell I left the game with really high level characters I'm definitely a good 5-10levels higher than mousenger and hes just 1 hitting my characters etc and I'm on lowest difficulty and have good armour and weapons and I'm not even denting him before he wipes the floor with me like I cant even knock off a sliver of his health I gotta beat him to do the trials for the dlc

Edited by Taliesin_2943

He definitely hits pretty hard. You can't really fight him head on, just watch and learn his attacks, after some of them there's a pretty clear window to damage him. Once he goes to the throne and starts the fire show just hang back with something like Bracken's health hub to sustain your hp and go in when he's done.

As for your damage, if it's really that bad you probably need some of the weapons crafted from the dreamer's maze materials. Just make the research to start from specific floors of the maze and do runs of floors 21 to 29 to grab some mats. 

Edited by STK91

43 minutes ago, STK91 said:

He definitely hits pretty hard. You can't really fight him head on, just watch and learn his attacks, after some of them there's a pretty clear window to damage him. Once he goes to the throne and starts the fire show just hang back with something like Bracken's health hub to sustain your hp and go in when he's done.

As for your damage, if it's really that bad you probably need some of the weapons crafted from the dreamer's maze materials. Just make the research to start from specific floors of the maze and do runs of floors 21 to 29 to grab some mats. 

The problem is the fight starts I move for an attack and he teleports and cuts down my party sometimes I have a couple seconds to lay into him for damage but it didn't do much but 9/10 times the fight starts and he just teleports around 1 hit killing everyone so I can't really hang back

He teleports and then attacks, it's not really an instant thing, when you see him teleport start dodging. The hang back tip is for a phase of the fight where he shoots fireballs, not for the whole thing. And yeah, if your party members die there's not really much you can do, just learn his moves and try to stay alive with your character, it's not too hard to do the fight without taking hits, you just need some practice.

Also, to be perfectly honest, 5-10 levels above mausinger might be enough to kill him with good gear, but the other fights of the dlc become harder and harder, you might as well start levelling now to avoid unnecessary frustration.

34 minutes ago, STK91 said:

He teleports and then attacks, it's not really an instant thing, when you see him teleport start dodging. The hang back tip is for a phase of the fight where he shoots fireballs, not for the whole thing. And yeah, if your party members die there's not really much you can do, just learn his moves and try to stay alive with your character, it's not too hard to do the fight without taking hits, you just need some practice.

Also, to be perfectly honest, 5-10 levels above mausinger might be enough to kill him with good gear, but the other fights of the dlc become harder and harder, you might as well start levelling now to avoid unnecessary frustration.

Oh I plan to try maxing out my favored team before I try again

One of the higgledies you need for the quest gives you a large area when activated that you're immune to fire attacks - and Mausinger only uses fire attacks. So use that higgledy (I forget the name, but it's a red one), and then stand in the large red barrier it makes. Mausinger will teleport to you and you can attack him without worrying about taking damage. Then just dodge attacks until you can activate the barrier again.

4 hours ago, madbuk said:

One of the higgledies you need for the quest gives you a large area when activated that you're immune to fire attacks - and Mausinger only uses fire attacks. So use that higgledy (I forget the name, but it's a red one), and then stand in the large red barrier it makes. Mausinger will teleport to you and you can attack him without worrying about taking damage. Then just dodge attacks until you can activate the barrier again.

He physically attacks me and 1 hits my party members I think I'm gonna get the exp necklaces and kick the horned ones butt till I Max out that should help some I hate that the best gear requires copious amounts of ingredients randomly and rarely found in the most boring "maze world" thing like I was looking for a string for a necklace I needed 6 it took 3 days hours upon hours going from lvl 1 to I think 30 in there and I found like 3? They could at least tie the items to certain enemies or level range and not be like let's make it RNG but let's make it RNG for the rng's rng

3 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

He physically attacks me and 1 hits my party members I think I'm gonna get the exp necklaces and kick the horned ones butt till I Max out that should help some I hate that the best gear requires copious amounts of ingredients randomly and rarely found in the most boring "maze world" thing like I was looking for a string for a necklace I needed 6 it took 3 days hours upon hours going from lvl 1 to I think 30 in there and I found like 3? They could at least tie the items to certain enemies or level range and not be like let's make it RNG but let's make it RNG for the rng's rng

I think his sword counts as a fire attack too because his melee attacks got nullified by the fire shield too for me.

11 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

So how hard are these new dlc's trophies actually if your full team is 99. Currently finishing another game first before going back to nino kuni

not very tough, just have a ton of consumables for reviving and healing. final boss of floor 40 is just a long fight, not a particularly hard one.

Edited by dansomekid

41 minutes ago, dansomekid said:

not very tough, just have a ton of consumables for reviving and healing. final boss of floor 40 is just a long fight, not a particularly hard one.

Good to know. I'll stack everything 99. I've got my base maxed out for a while :awesome:

On 13.8.2018 at 7:29 PM, Deluziion90 said:

Good to know. I'll stack everything 99. I've got my base maxed out for a while :awesome:

Sadly you can only use a limited amount in battle, even if you have tons of them. 

Leveling to 99 makes it easier. 

Edited by Rhevarr

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

Hmmm. I'm not super excited for this DLC (not that the game excited me all that much, either). Probably pick it back up in a few months (though I should plat the game earlier).

Finish it now if you wanna go for the 100% eventually. It feels weird coming back to this game and fight hard bosses after a certain time gone.

Btw. I can't imagine how the 2 story dlcs will look like. Everybody who completed the adventure pack is at level 99, has a maxed out kingdom and the best equipment. So is Level 5 raising the level cap and put in even stronger enemies? What if more casual players want to check out the new story dlcs? Will it be too hard for them or too easy for us? Right now it feels like they messed up their future dlcs and screwed with the balance of the game, especially in regards of levels and loot. 

Edited by Gommes_

35 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

Finish it now if you wanna go for the 100% eventually. It feels weird coming back to this game and fight hard bosses after a certain time gone.

Btw. I can't imagine how the 2 story dlcs will look like. Everybody who completed the adventure pack is at level 99, has a maxed out kingdom and the best equipment. So is Level 5 raising the level cap and put in even stronger enemies? What if more casual players want to check out the new story dlcs? Will it be too hard for them or too easy for us? Right now it feels like they messed up their future dlcs and screwed with the balance of the game, especially in regards of levels and loot. 

This adventure pack was completely unnecessary imo. This were basically just overpowered bosses which forced us to level to 99, even then they still could onehit you.

The DLC has to be an alternative Story -> Save. Otherwise they really screwed up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rhevarr said:

This adventure pack was completely unnecessary imo. This were basically just overpowered bosses which forced us to level to 99, even then they still could onehit you.

The DLC has to be an alternative Story -> Save. Otherwise they really screwed up.

Absolutely agree!

• 2 weeks later...

I think part of the "difficulty" is because the game is far too easy, You can blindlessly pound everything without thinking. So when they suddenly added overpowered bosses it took everyone by surprise.

Zeta and Mausinger actually require a bit of strategy. I think i killed Mausinger at level 80 and Zeta at level 85.

For That fucking uninspired dragon i had to level up to 99 (super fast to level up on horraune, just spamming astra), not because he is hard, but because the battle is far too long.

His attack pattern is a joke, the only hard part are his summons.

The game is a letdown though. Unbalanced, lame story. The first one was better everywhere.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Finally getting to the adventure pack, and I have to agree it's not a good fit with the rest of the game. Whose brilliant idea was it to go from ultra-casual milk run to fairly hardcore ultra bosses? Having to slog through 10-20 Dreamer's Door levels just to get to the final extra boss is insult to injury. Whatever criticisms people had of the game, I can't imagine anyone wanting this.