Having Trouble with Site on Mobile...

not sure if this is just my smartphone and i but for about a week now the site has been acting strange...for clarity, this is only on mobile which is how i access the site 99% of the time...the issues :

• i'm unable to sign into the forums section...i can enter the username, password, remember me, forgot password?, privacy policy, terms and conditions fields but the sign in button doesn't work for some reason...no matter how many times i press it, it just doesn't respond...
  • the same thing as above happens when viewing the forum index in the "all activity" view...i can click on the user name of the last person who posted, and the section of the forum the thread is in but i cannot browse thread contents by pressing the thread title...they are completely unresponsive...

i'm able to access forum content only from the main page on the right side where it says "recent forum posts" or something like that but it always starts at to the first post (which is normal but inconvenient)...what this means is that currently, i can barely use the forums on my phone...

i'm using a sony g3223 which i purchased last year and is up-to-date on software and app data...the browser i use is the latest version of chrome and have not changed any of the settings in recent history...i tried clearing cache and data then restarting my phone but am still unable to use these features...all other sites work fine on mobile and this includes forums similar to the ones here which i use regularly for business...has something changed with the site recently?...is my phone dying?...or am i just retarded?...any solutions would be appreciated...thanks...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

hmmm...seems to be my auto-save settings...the sign in button option no longer works...i need to hit enter (the checkmark on my phone keypad) after my password...not sure what changed or whether it's on the site or android side of things, since I've been using the sign in button for years without issue...

will see if I can access all the threads...

edit : nope...can't access most of the threads unless I'm signed in...strange...used to be able to access them all without doing so...no idea what's going on...

2nd edit : really weird...i looked through my recently posted threads...i can click on this one but not the camp platapalooza or liberty city minute ones when I'm not signed in...90% of the recent ones in the "all activity" stream I can click on...but about 10% don't work...

Edited by ProfBambam55

The links i have trouble with seem to be shorter ones. If they are short enough the link will not work at all. I have to go to the most recent poster's profile then go to the topic by clicking the post they mode. Longer links only work on the extreme right edge of the link. It's not all links though. I've only noticed it on forum topic links. anything related to what you are experiencing?

UPDATE: Oddly enough, right after I posted this I checked again at all links seem to work fine. I even checked some of the same exact links that didn't work before. Have your issues resolved as well @ProfBambam55?

Edited by clickclick-uhoh

6 hours ago, clickclick-uhoh said:

The links i have trouble with seem to be shorter ones. If they are short enough the link will not work at all. I have to go to the most recent poster's profile then go to the topic by clicking the post they mode. Longer links only work on the extreme right edge of the link. It's not all links though. I've only noticed it on forum topic links. anything related to what you are experiencing?

UPDATE: Oddly enough, right after I posted this I checked again at all links seem to work fine. I even checked some of the same exact links that didn't work before. Have your issues resolved as well @ProfBambam55?

when I'm not signed in I still can't click on some thread titles to view them...disputes and the perfect profile thread come to mind today but there have been a few others...i've been trying most of the recent post threads to see what happens and if there's a pattern...

sign in is also still buggy...i have to hit enter on the password and sometimes that's enough...other times it then allows me to hit the sign in button which previously wouldn't work without hitting enter...

I started having some issues with some thread titles not allowing me to click on them as well while I'm in unread content- specifically the Perfect Profile thread as well. Also 'Freeze Issue', 'Looks fun', 'Game Trading'... Lol, okay so I can't click on thread titles that are two words long 

I'm using Chrome on a Moto G Play running Android 7.1.1

Welp...I spoke too soon. I'm having issues with the links working again. 

14 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

I started having some issues with some thread titles not allowing me to click on them as well while I'm in unread content- specifically the Perfect Profile thread as well. Also 'Freeze Issue', 'Looks fun', 'Game Trading'... Lol, okay so I can't click on thread titles that are two words long 

I'm using Chrome on a Moto G Play running Android 7.1.1

For me it seems to be number of characters not number of words. there are some two word topics I can click on as long as the words used are longer words.

I was able to re-create one of the issues with android and chrome.

Went here:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/forum/12-off-topic/?page=3

and tried to click on the thread called LGBTQ+. It's a one-word thread title, and it was impossible to click on the title. In fact, couldn't click on the page numbers either.

@Sly Ripper

If no changes has been made to the actual forum code, it might just be the styling, which I know has been changed lately @BlindMango

Edited by MMDE

10 minutes ago, MMDE said:

If no changes has been made to the actual forum code, it might just be the styling, which I know has been changed lately @BlindMango

I've done styling changes? :dunno:

Also I'm not too sure if Sly updated the forums over the past days, but that could be a possibility

1 hour ago, BlindMango said:

I've done styling changes? :dunno:

Also I'm not too sure if Sly updated the forums over the past days, but that could be a possibility

Sly told me he hadn't before he logged out.

And idk who does the styling. :P 

Edited by MMDE

6 hours ago, MMDE said:

https://psnprofiles.com/login

That page?

Have you tried to clear browsing data?

What browser do you use?

Screen resolution?

Blocking ads?

JavaScript allowed?

What version of the browser are you using?

this page... 

PcNTE3K.png

the sign in button doesn't work...also my password is usually already displayed here as ********** in a yellow box like username...i removed for privacy purposes in the screenshot... 

yes, I tried clearing cache and all data...I use latest version of chrome app on android...screen resolution, no idea but haven't changed it ever...no ad block other than standard google popup block...javascript allowed...chrome version is 68.0.3440.91 on android 8.0.0...

the site was working fine until about a week before I created this thread (perhaps a little longer)...i haven't changed any settings on my phone and haven't had troubles on any other site...this includes ones that have forums similar to psnp...i don't think any of them use invision though...

the links for the threads that i can't click on work on the recent forum post section of the home page but not on any of the activity or category specific pages...

example :

can click on all of the titles in this view but it starts me at the first post of each thread...

o4uQjDz.png

cannot click on many of the titles when scanning down the list in this view although I can click on the usernames and forum sections below them...

c7CWvj3.png

Edited by ProfBambam55

On 8/16/2018 at 6:20 PM, MMDE said:

I was able to re-create one of the issues with android and chrome.

Went here:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/forum/12-off-topic/?page=3

and tried to click on the thread called LGBTQ+. It's a one-word thread title, and it was impossible to click on the title. In fact, couldn't click on the page numbers either.

I use a windows 10 pc with chrome(latest update), no ad block, browser cleared, everything else normal. I also have tried in Incognito mode and have similar results. I have trouble with the hyperlinks and other buttons as mentioned but it isn't consistent. Some days I can click on the links, some days I can't. Sometimes when I move my cursor to the extreme bottom right corner (pretty much off the word) I can click the link. In gamer terms It's almost like the hitboxes are loading incorrectly. It's also on two or three word topics as long as they are short words.

• 2 weeks later...