Is Michael Myers op?

Nope he isn't overpowered at all. Hillbilly, Nurse, Hag and Clown are the top tier. All other killers are mid and bottom. With Myers as he gains his evil within levels his speed is increased. Also if in a chase with a survivor for long periods of time blood lust is gained, but this applies to all killers. Hope this answer helps. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, FaelynWinters said:

Nope he isn't overpowered at all. Hillbilly, Nurse, Hag and Clown are the top tier. All other killers are mid and bottom. With Myers as he gains his evil within levels his speed is increased. Also if in a chase with a survivor for long periods of time blood lust is gained, but this applies to all killers. Hope this answer helps. 

Thank you. Don't have his dlc so was just wondering how he worked. Thanks for answering insightfully too! :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

Thank you. Don't have his dlc so was just wondering how he worked. Thanks for answering insightfully too! :)

Your very welcome. As you play you learn the strength and weakness of each killer. When you are in a match try to scout. Scouting in this game is by learning what perks the killer is running, add ons and strategy. Most of the time they use the same method. Playing both sides is good as you can see map layouts and pallet locations. Watching how other survivor play can be helpful in staying alive. Dont be afraid to mix up perks and see what works for you best. ☺️

59 minutes ago, ZireaelSan said:

The most op is the regular chainsaw guy, can literally cross the map in seconds wich is just ridiculous

Myers is pretty strong though

Hillbilly is one of the harder killers to survive against. But certain maps can give the survivor the upper hand.

I tried hillbilly for a few games, I personally didn't think he was all that great. 

For me Wraith is OP, Using the add-ons that increase your uncloak and give you a 1 m/s speed boost after uncloaking.. You can hook all survivors in 3-4 minutes.

My close 2nd is The doctor due to survivors auras showing up every minute or two.

I've not played any of the others yet wraith is just too good to switch, I've been a survivor against The Nurse and that is an easy killer to escape so I've avoided using so far. (Only IMO*)

No, he is not OP, the only instance he might be is if he had the offering called "Fragrant Tuft of Hair" and "Judith's Tombstone" which makes him go slower than normal, so it's not really OP, it's just slightly favoring Myers if he's doing his job right, his job is supposed to be a mix between sneaking around, and stalking the survivors

By default, there's no such thing as OP characters in this game. It's the players that play as those characters that make them overpowered. Overpowerness (I know that's not an official word) is all based on skill and the acclimatising qualities of the players. You can get into a lobby where the player that controls The Hag is just amateurish, thus there is no element that is overpowered (perhaps just the survivors compared to this amateurish player). However, you can also get into a lobby where a player knows how to take advantage of The Hag and knows how to trick your minds. That's how it is with all characters. All characters in this game have cons and pros, however it's up to the players to take advantage of exactly that and develop skills that will make them win.

My advice to you. Try playing with different kinds of characters and find out what works best for you. I, personally, turn The Shape, The Huntress and The Wraith into very overpowered characters as I've been practising with those for way too long that I can remember. Who is overpowered and who is not is based on the player who controls that character.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, NK_9419 said:

I tried hillbilly for a few games, I personally didn't think he was all that great. 

Depends how you play/what perks you use (but then again, that can be said with every killer). Personally, he is my favourite killer and I play rather well with him. Barbeque & Chilli and Whispers combination would help me track down survivors on the opposite side of the map very quickly (after having hooked a survivor). 

7 hours ago, jackmadrox said:

Survivors just complain about anything that robs them of teabagging at the exit and acting like complete douchebags

Here we go again. Strange, I play mostly killer and this type of survivor is 1/10 I'd reckon. Of course, go online and you must imagine a mob of asshole playing this game only, if you have never played yourself.

8 hours ago, jackmadrox said:

Nope, he isn't overpowered, survivors just complain about anything that robs them of teabagging at the exit and acting like complete douchebags. Everytime I make them pay for it using Myers, a large grin creeps over my face.

I can confirm I don't do this childish shit.

But i have seen it (not on this game yet but haven't played Killer yet) and it truly makes me hate the gaming community by a small percent (goes up each time) the more and more games I see it happen it. Unfortunately since this is free it'll draw more trolls in. 

Edited by Dangisuckatgamin

Well, I've barely had the game 2 weeks, and all I do is play killer. I'll say at least 3 out of 5 matches someone taunts/teabags at the exit before running out.

Newcomers to this game be advised: If you play killer more often than survivor, you better have some thick skin. You will get hate mail from salty survivors that you killed claiming that you camped, tunnelled, or some other ridiculous accusation that they've invented to excuse the truth which is that they just suck at the game. If the exits get opened, survivors will hang around said exit until you find them and that is where the taunting and teabagging commences. Survivors want to complain about camping and tunnelling and yet one of the most annoying tactics I've seen from survivors is HOOK BLOCKING. They know that is weak, but they don't care, so why should the killer care? Survivors hook block and pallet loop? Then Killers should  be able to camp and tunnel.  

It is a VERY toxic community, and I played Friday The 13th: The Game for a year, which is one of the most toxic communities in the gaming world. But F13's toxicity levels pale in the name of Dead By Daylight's community. I love this game, but much like F13, the community is toxic garbage.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jackmadrox said:

Well, I've barely had the game 2 weeks, and all I do is play killer. I'll say at least 3 out of 5 matches someone taunts/teabags at the exit before running out.

Newcomers to this game be advised: If you play killer more often than survivor, you better have some thick skin. You will get hate mail from salty survivors that you killed claiming that you camped, tunnelled, or some other ridiculous accusation that they've invented to excuse the truth which is that they just suck at the game. If the exits get opened, survivors will hang around said exit until you find them and that is where the taunting and teabagging commences. Survivors want to complain about camping and tunnelling and yet one of the most annoying tactics I've seen from survivors is HOOK BLOCKING. They know that is weak, but they don't care, so why should the killer care? Survivors hook block and pallet loop? Then Killers should  be able to camp and tunnel.  

It is a VERY toxic community, and I played Friday The 13th: The Game for a year, which is one of the most toxic communities in the gaming world. But F13's toxicity levels pale in the name of Dead By Daylight's community. I love this game, but much like F13, the community is toxic garbage.

Thanks for the heads up though. I haven't been playing it much as the servers were horrible the last few times I've tried.

One nice thing I've done is turn messages off from unknowns. I used to just ignore hate mail but it's getting worse it seems these days and really annoying.

• Like 1

IMO Nurse is the best character and also the one i like to play most of the time. But its hard to get used to her so most people you see playing her are not good. 

On 8/14/2018 at 8:02 PM, jackmadrox said:

Hook blocking is not a tactic to annoy killers, it's just a effective way to help your fellow survivors. On the other hand camping a hooked survivor is gay and utterly useless especially if all 4 survivors are friends and talking on party. You're annoying 1 survivor but in the time you've been camping him the other 3 would have almost finished the game by themselves. So really dont understand why people like to do this. Most killers who do this dont even win.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HcG Clawz said:

Hook blocking is not a tactic to annoy killers, it's just a effective way to help your fellow survivors. 

It's a weak tactic, same as camping. If survivors hook block, killers should be able to camp. If we are being realistic, would a person crouch down in front of a killer to try and block his path? I think not. It just undermines the killer and it looks ridiculous.

On the other hand camping a hooked survivor is gay and utterly useless especially if all 4 survivors are friends and talking on party. 

I agree, but on the other hand, survivors are overly cocky and toxic. And seem to find it necessary to teabag the killer any chance they get, so why not camp them, and insure they get taught a lesson? Even if it costs the killer? 

So really dont understand why people like to do this. Most killers who do this dont even win.

I really don't understand why every group of survivors I run across have to act like assholes. But hey, it's the Internet, right? ?

1 hour ago, jackmadrox said:

It's a weak tactic, same as camping. If survivors hook block, killers should be able to camp. If we are being realistic, would a person crouch down in front of a killer to try and block his path? I think not. It just undermines the killer and it looks ridiculous.

I agree, but on the other hand, survivors are overly cocky and toxic. And seem to find it necessary to teabag the killer any chance they get, so why not camp them, and insure they get taught a lesson? Even if it costs the killer? 

I really don't understand why every group of survivors I run across have to act like assholes. But hey, it's the Internet, right? 1f644.png

Honestly all you do is hit them and they're gone. Its not even really usefull. Most of the time they only have them selves with it. 

You do realise survivor gets more points the longer its being chased right. Thats what most people are going for, at least thats what i see and hear most streamer talking about.

• Like 1

Guys, don’t compare hook blocking with camping. Just like blinding the killer with a flashlight when he’s picking up a survivor, hook blocking is done to help your teammates. Camping as a killer nearby a hook is just ridiculous. Sure, if you want just a single sacrifice, go for it, but then you’re never getting better. For me, this game is based on skill and luck. If you’re not skilled and don’t want to get better than just camping, why even bother playing? It’s just ridiculous and it takes away the fun for both the killer and the survivors when that happens.

• 5 years later...

Nah, his power is pretty weak you can literally just loop him till his tier three expires, and at some point you will max out stalking from all survivors, making it impossible to reach tier three again. His addons are pretty scary, though no terror radius at Tier 1, plus wallhacks when stalking, insta kill grabs at Tier 3, and infinite tier three.

Edited by Yukiko Miyamoto