Death’s Gambit Trophy Thoughts

NaseemJohn

OK,  the last trophy seems to be platinum breaker and put this game on ultra rare unless you are very skilled.

Looking forward to this but the last trophy make me wait for sale personally as im not looking forward to overly challenge that the game force you not to use the tool the game provided for you to have fun. I hate without quitting the game part the most. Unless there are glitch/exploit to skip level (dark souls any% style) to make this easier or skip entirely for only speed run part. I am out for time being unless heavily on sale.

Edited by FielVeredus
  • Like 3

That trophy list does look very appealing, that last trophy really.

I wonder if heroic difficulty is permadeath?

It may still be easy, maybe there are certain routes/abilities.....

Are Devs finally catching on to savescummingm?? :)

Also, it should be noted that it says 'quitting the game'! It may be possible to quit to game main menu, although doubtful

Theres just to many games to play nowadays, I will probly never get to this unless it pops up cheap one day or on the switch

20 minutes ago, optimusmart said:

I wonder if heroic difficulty is permadeath?

Heroic difficulty is unlocked for each boss after you defeat them. You can attempt it right after beating a boss for the first time but it's better left for later since the boss gets a damage boost as well as new abilities from what I've gathered.

Anyway, I'm still getting the game but I won't be going for the Plat. I hate speedruns and low level runs so good luck to anybody who goes for that trophy.

• Like 1

I don't know if the Perfect Run trophy is going to be quite as hard as some people are thinking. It doesn't say anything about not dying, just one 4 hour sitting. From what I heard the devs say, this game isn't really linear, and you can probably get to the final boss while ignoring most of the game's content, you'll just probably want to know what you want to grab, and the best route. It'll probably still be pretty insane doing the final boss at base lvl though. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, MagicSandwych said:

I don't know if the Perfect Run trophy is going to be quite as hard as some people are thinking. It doesn't say anything about not dying, just one 4 hour sitting. From what I heard the devs say, this game isn't really linear, and you can probably get to the final boss while ignoring most of the game's content, you'll just probably want to know what you want to grab, and the best route. It'll probably still be pretty insane doing the final boss at base lvl though. 

I agree. I'm hoping the game is like Souls in the sense that upgrades/equipment level is more important than character level. Knowing where upgrade materials are located/which enemies drop them (same with Feathers) will be crucial.

Some bosses in Heroic could be harder than the Perfect Run trophy. But in any case trophy list looks fun as hell. Nothing too easy, nothing too extreme (deathless run, max NG+ run, Heroic bosses in NG+, to name a few).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Neme-ita said:

Last trophies is so stupid i think not buy for now i'm busy with Dead Cells and i have preordered Guacamelee2 ! 

I agree ... I will pick up soon but with other games coming I will pass for now! I thought about passing altogether but I will get it a shoot soon. Looks to good to just pass cause of that trophy HAHAH 

8 hours ago, MagicSandwych said:

Man these speed run trophy, I will never understand why put such a trophy.

Edited by FlareZero

10 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

I bought this on pre-order but man that last trophy will be incredibly tough to do. It might be as tough as Max Payne 3's The Shadows Rushed Me or The Evil Within's Akumu Mode or Wolfenstein II's Mein Liebe. 

I expect 4 hours is a pretty lenient time.

In fact, out of all the metroidvania speedrun trophies on PSN, I think 4 hours is the longest by far, and there are quite a lot of them. Although I suppose there's a chance that this game is just the largest of all of them, as well.

The main challenge is probably in being consistent without wasting too much time on deaths. Especially after people figure out the best routes. I mean, if before launch you had said that somebody would complete any of the Dark Souls games in less than an hour, it would have been unbelievable.

You can even defeat Salt and Sanctuary's final boss within half an hour. Granted, it's done by masters of the game, but we have eight times that amount of time here.

well i think i will pass on this game till it goes on sale or till my hand recovers a bit lol. Been playing Dead Cells non stop and my carpal tunnel is becoming worse. That final trophy is kind of lame and awesome at the same time. maybe one day i will go for it

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, rubhen925 said:

well i think i will pass on this game till it goes on sale or till my hand recovers a bit lol. Been playing Dead Cells non stop and my carpal tunnel is becoming worse. That final trophy is kind of lame and awesome at the same time. maybe one day i will go for it

Have to wait and see how brutal that trophy will be ... But If its to brutal you think the developers will ease it down a bit .. Another wait and see ;)

1 minute ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Have to wait and see how brutal that trophy will be ... But If its to brutal you think the developers will ease it down a bit .. Another wait and see ;)

HAHAHA Devs don't give a shit anymore when people complain. Like Machine games ever dumbed down the requirements for mien leben in wolfenstein. I think we just have to tough through it

2 minutes ago, rubhen925 said:

HAHAHA Devs don't give a shit anymore when people complain. Like Machine games ever dumbed down the requirements for mien leben in wolfenstein. I think we just have to tough through it

indeed ;) this list seems easy then that last trophy SIgh! I mean at least put a few hard ones mixed in ... Like beat game on hardcore and beat game on epic lol But you get the picture ;)

Edited by Titanomachy_75

The devs said the game is about 9-10 hours, more for a complete run getting all the things and killing all the heroic bosses. I think once you conquer the heroic versions of bosses, you'll have the chops to go back through and speedrun it. 

There is also a class that lowers the stat requirements to equip weapons, that might be useful for this run. I really don't think people will have any trouble getting to the final boss in the time limit, I think it'll be more about gearing up correctly and being able to take the boss in that state. There are also 3 lore pages on most of the bosses that give passive advantages if you find them before facing that boss. 

3 hours ago, Shadiochao said:

I expect 4 hours is a pretty lenient time.

In fact, out of all the metroidvania speedrun trophies on PSN, I think 4 hours is the longest by far, and there are quite a lot of them. Although I suppose there's a chance that this game is just the largest of all of them, as well.

The main challenge is probably in being consistent without wasting too much time on deaths. Especially after people figure out the best routes. I mean, if before launch you had said that somebody would complete any of the Dark Souls games in less than an hour, it would have been unbelievable.

You can even defeat Salt and Sanctuary's final boss within half an hour. Granted, it's done by masters of the game, but we have eight times that amount of time here.

WHAAAT? for real???? seems impossible to me.