[FIXED] Trains! Mass Transit Scenario Glitch

Shadiochao

Edit: The scenario has now been fixed in patch 5.01.

Original message: It doesn't seem to be possible to complete one of the new scenarios in the Mass Transit DLC. One of the objectives in Trains! is to transport 200,000 passengers using trains, but no matter how many passengers I have, the counter doesn't budge from 0/200,000.

It's not a visual glitch either, since I left it running for 5 years at 1.1k passengers per week, so I've definitely met the requirement in my game.

The good news is that these three new scenarios are significantly easier than the ones included in Natural Disasters, but at the moment it doesn't look like you can get the trophy for them.

In the meantime, here's the quickest and easiest method for the harder of the three scenarios:

Edited by Shadiochao
  • Like 2

It's a shame that the last trophy is glitched. I tried tricking it by beating one of the scenarios multiple times like you could do in the previous dlc for 5 wins, but as this trophy states, it has to be all three scenarios beaten instead of just three total wins. Hopefully they'll patch this quickly.

• Like 1

Not sure what everyone else tried to by pass the glitch however I spend time to do a couple of things; let the time run out without doing anything, let the timer run half way then start to build, have no industrial, have no commercials, have only residents, have only wind power, have no connection to main road. All this I have tried on different runs in hopes to find a way to bypass the bug and guess what, nothing worked. Please help us gamers with fixing this soon and while your at it, since it’s a great game and all, add another expansion or more scenarios. Thax!!

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Bombstriker said:

Anyone hear about an update? Do the developers even know about the glitch?

Yeah, I sent them a ticket before I made this thread and got a reply a few days later;

(Paradox Interactive)

Aug 13, 08:54 CEST
Good morning!
Thank you for the report! I've escalated this to the developers and asked them to investigate this further. You aren't the only one reporting this so there does seem to be an issue :P! Sadly I don't know how long it may take for them to fix it but rest assured that they've been informed and are looking into it.

4 hours ago, hotdog_president said:

It's out now, 1.637GB.

My win conditions are still listed as 0/200,000 and aren't increasing, though. Might need a new save file, assuming it's fixed at all

Edit: It's working on a new save file. There do seem to be issues with the scenario failing at random, though

Edit 2: Managed to finish, trophy unlocked normally

Edited by Shadiochao

1 hour ago, Bombstriker said:

What version update is it? I’m checking for updates and it says it is up to date. I have 5.01 right now and it is still glitched where it automatically fails at 20 weeks.

That's just something that happens. Reload an earlier save and hope it doesn't happen next time. Reloading once was usually enough for me.

The issue that got fixed was not being able to make any progress on the second objective