Please add this feature.

I can't speak japanese or chinese. Alot of other people can't either. I think it would be a good idea to add a direct link to a game's store page when the title of the game on psnprofiles is in english (borderlands 1, cat quest, etc.) but the psn store game name is in japanese thus resulting in a sherlock holmes-esque quest. I think this would also make it easier to buy games for specific regions

Thanks in advance

-LLegend_Fox

• Like 3

6 hours ago, LLegend_Fox said:

I can't speak japanese or chinese.

You don't need to speak to search the store 375369048038572035.png?v=1

Hm... the easier solution would be adding (or keeping? I'm pretty sure Mango purposely removes them :ninja::awesome:) the Japanese name of the game.

That way you could just copy it and search for it on the store.

You can also use PSPrices afaik.

• Like 2

On 12/08/2018 at 11:49 PM, SunnyCrappyYT said:

One Google search gave me the answer I was looking for. You just need to use the right words. :) 

Googling "psnstore japan cat quest" arent the right words then? 

On 12/08/2018 at 8:40 PM, Dark said:

I think truetrophies links regional stacks, so I guess you could use that in the meantime. 

Thnx dude

• Like 1

I looked for "キャットクエスト ps4" [kyatto kuesuto ps4) and got tons of results for the Japanese version.

I just realized you said you didn't know Chinese or Japanese, though you still could've put "cat" in Google translate I guess. It should be able to properly translate simple words like that.

Edit: I just looked up "キャットps4" and it came with results for Cat Quest. :)

Sorry for the misunderstanding though.

Edited by SunnyCrappyYT

On 8/12/2018 at 8:34 AM, LLegend_Fox said:

I can't speak japanese or chinese. Alot of other people can't either. I think it would be a good idea to add a direct link to a game's store page when the title of the game on psnprofiles is in english (borderlands 1, cat quest, etc.) but the psn store game name is in japanese thus resulting in a sherlock holmes-esque quest. I think this would also make it easier to buy games for specific regions

Thanks in advance

-LLegend_Fox

An easier way is to just use GameFAQS or possibly Renascene (comes up a lot on Google, only helps for Vita games) to find the titleid of the game you're trying to find. In your case of Cat Quest, I'd go to https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/210365-cat-quest/data and find the Japanese region of it, take the titleid, CUSA-10638, and just Google it without the dash, like so: bVlSmJx.pngso you automatically get the PSNStore link for the game: https://store.playstation.com/ja-jp/product/JP3347-CUSA10638_00-0000000000000000

But of course, all that has to be done manually, which can take some effort, but maybe the PSNProfiles doesn't do PSNStore linking, because the game might become delisted and the link would give you error? 

Edited by ArmoredSquirreXD
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Well, that would probably show Neko and searching that shows different games =D

猫 is more official yeah, but you can use キェット as well, which the developers of this game did.

It's kinda like how we have both "kat" and "poes" in Dutch. One is more commonly used than the other, but they mean the same. ?

Edited by SunnyCrappyYT
fixed a typo
  • Like 1

On 16/08/2018 at 11:37 AM, SunnyCrappyYT said:

猫 is more official yeah, but you can use キェット as well, which the developers of this game did.

It's kinda like how we have both "kat" and "poes" in Dutch. One is more commonly used than the other, but they mean the same. 1f638.png

It's not about officialities. 

Neko is the Japanese translation.

Kyatto is the transcription of 'cat'. But if you go on any translator, they are guaranteed to translate cat as neko.

Thus, for someone not knowledgable about Japanese, it would be confusing since using the kanji, the game won't be found.

Heck, I just tried and Google Translator doesn't even show Kyatto as an option =D

• Like 1