Is this game totally broken?

Quink666

Wherever i go there are enemies, i can not hunt anywhere. Even with silenced rifle. Contantly throwing enemies at me. If i find a quiet place deep in the woods i takes about 10-15 seconds before i get swarmed and killed. Dont have the ammo to kill 15 enemies since i have 1 weapon and 60 bullets.

Cant take over any outpost because there are 3-4 tigers right outside each one. I have 60 bullet and 1 tiger takes 20 bullets to kill.

If you fall from anything higher than a chair you die....

Was looking forward to replaying this game but right now it is totally unplayable.

Also changing difficulty drains all your hp to one bar. What a joke this Classic Edition is.....

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

Stop trying to hunt in area’s that still have enemy outposts. Hunt once you have cleared all camps in the area

if you have a slinced rifle, then you have all you need to take over any camp in the game. No need to get anywhere near them, just pick them off one at a time

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 4

On 4/7/2019 at 9:58 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

Stop trying to hunt in area’s that still have enemy outposts. Hunt once you have cleared all camps in the area

if you have a slinced rifle, then you have all you need to take over any camp in the game. No need to get anywhere near them, just pick them off one at a time

Agree with this - I played it on PS3 (have still to play the remastered version), but the only weapons you need to take over ANY outpost undetected are a silenced rifle (preferably a sniper) and the bow.  Hang back from the camp, shoot out the alarm boxes, and then snipe each enemy one by one.  When they notice a dead body, they'll often walk over to it, meaning that you can just aim at one spot in the camp and most of the enemies will walk straight into your line of sight.

• 1 year later...

Step one: Find 10 Relics.

Step two: Buy Bull shotgun.

Step three: Kick ass.

I've been having a blast revisiting this game. As others have said, I think the issue may be with you. Although I do agree that the fall damage is a joke, even with the skill that makes you take 25% less fall damage.

• Like 2

This Classic port IS rough. I wish it ran at 60 fps, as it is it's a lag fest technical wise. Graphics are meh and somehow bringing my ps4 pro to it's knees?

But yeah once you get a second and third weapon holster, it's pretty easy. Even though "easy" still means enemies will kill you quickly even on easy if you get cornered by more than 1-2.

Fun nostalgia trip but if it wasn't for the easy plat and the pretty fun story, game is pretty trash for 2020 standards.

• Like 3

On 8/12/2018 at 5:44 PM, Quink666 said:

Wherever i go there are enemies, i can not hunt anywhere. Even with silenced rifle. Contantly throwing enemies at me. If i find a quiet place deep in the woods i takes about 10-15 seconds before i get swarmed and killed. Dont have the ammo to kill 15 enemies since i have 1 weapon and 60 bullets.

Cant take over any outpost because there are 3-4 tigers right outside each one. I have 60 bullet and 1 tiger takes 20 bullets to kill.

If you fall from anything higher than a chair you die....

Was looking forward to replaying this game but right now it is totally unplayable.

Also changing difficulty drains all your hp to one bar. What a joke this Classic Edition is.....

I noticed this also happens in Farcry 5, I trying to hunt rabbits and enemy planes spawn in to strafe me

10 hours ago, NetoStyle said:

Is this game totally unplayable? I'm deciding on buying and platting this game

I platinumed this game on Sunday and it is totally playable. I had no issues with this game at all (unless you count the atrocious vehicle handling).

• Like 2

Bro, you don't start off as Rambo in this game! It takes time to gain skills, ammo, weapons, etc. to be a little more brazen in your attacks. At first, stealth is your best friend. As others have said, taking out outposts calms that sector down. So stay off the roads until then. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 6.5.2020 at 1:40 AM, Jables_The_Hutt said:

Fun nostalgia trip but if it wasn't for the easy plat and the pretty fun story, game is pretty trash for 2020 standards.

Are you talking about the classic edition or the game in general?

I think the game itself is still pretty decent even for 2020 standards but the Ps4 version is awful.

Like you said the graphics are pretty much the same but for some reason, the framerate is worse than the original.

The input delay/lag is (much) worse too, probably the worst port I have ever played. I started the Ps3 version and the gameplay of the Ps4 version is rather bad in comparison. What a shame, this port ruins FC3s reputation.

Edited by GoDBoss173
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GoDBoss173 said:

the worst port I have ever played

Does anyone think this port is worse than Destroy All Humans PS4? This is in my backlog ($3, hell yeah) and was hoping for a smooth experience.

the gameplay is fine. but this version is beyond shit. for a start the controls have such insane input lag that they just could not be arsed to fix, they tore through the gamecode removed the multiplayer and left it as is. it was just a cash in to make it feel like you got more then you did if you bought the gold edition of odyssey.

i got it but haven't been bothered to do it

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Helyx said:

Does anyone think this port is worse than Destroy All Humans PS4? This is in my backlog ($3, hell yeah) and was hoping for a smooth experience.

The game is ok, had no problems with it. Just don't play the last mission on easy because it's impossible to beat on easy. Your helicopter takes too much damage and dies too fast.

• Like 1