Would you recommend this game?

BlacknWhite098

I bought it because i also liked Tropico but didn't enjoy Skylines quite as much. It was a while ago so i cant really remember why i felt that way but i remember feeling like there wasn't much to do or if there was i certainly missed the explanation.

What i do remember is that it felt like a lot of elements were left to figure out on your own and not much help existed for solving these problems like the biggest of which i encountered was roads. All mine were congested to the point that my city couldn't operate, so naturally i attempted to put in bigger roads, but having not known of this early i built all the buildings in my gigantic city against the roads so to put in new roads meant literally demolishing all the buildings around it. Since this meant literally rebuilding my city from scratch i took to it slowly one road at a time and then the new roads had problems like noise pollution or people for no fathomable reason would just refuse to use them so i attempted to make an ugly mess of roads that could be used as shorter routes between common departures and destinations and for again for no fathomable reason the cars would prefer to do a lap around the highly congested roads of the entire city rather then take the direct empty route there. Honestly it just felt like there was no winning and eventually my city started failing more and more because of problems that seemed unsolvable when i was very close to some lengthy trophies so i just got cranky and quit.

I never felt like this at all with tropico, it always felt that whatever problem i encountered there was a solution, a balance to be struck and it might have taken a while but the missions and explanations slowly prepared you to deal with everything and have fun. Skylines seemed like it just wanted me to fail. Again it could just be possible i missed things or wasn't exploring things as i should but this was my experience with the game that was otherwise fun.

tl;dr: don't put me in charge of city designing please.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BlacknWhite098 said:

I’m a big fan of tropico on pc would this game interest me?

Play Tropico, the Sims (Any) and City Skylines on the PC like they're meant to be played, have you ever had the displeasure of trying to navigate the UI in the Sims 3 on the PS3, then proceeding to input faster than the fucking console can handle, thus causing the game to freeze trying to cancel "Jog to here." you're either a masochist or a dumb ass if you want to play God games ported to a console.

Tropico is a patient game, everything moves at a pace where you have time to coordinate your efforts. City Skylines has 101 things going on at once. the Sims? Just you fucking try and manage six Sims at once with their free will on Normal.

All from a Console perspective of course, these games on PC are REALLY fun to play. No I'm not trying to sell you PC Master Race; some games just don't work as ports and are literally pointless as ports. I can't speak for Tropico 5 though, that might have improved the entire experience to be honest, we'll see.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Terarded said:

I bought it because i also liked Tropico but didn't enjoy Skylines quite as much. It was a while ago so i cant really remember why i felt that way but i remember feeling like there wasn't much to do or if there was i certainly missed the explanation.

What i do remember is that it felt like a lot of elements were left to figure out on your own and not much help existed for solving these problems like the biggest of which i encountered was roads. All mine were congested to the point that my city couldn't operate, so naturally i attempted to put in bigger roads, but having not known of this early i built all the buildings in my gigantic city against the roads so to put in new roads meant literally demolishing all the buildings around it. Since this meant literally rebuilding my city from scratch i took to it slowly one road at a time and then the new roads had problems like noise pollution or people for no fathomable reason would just refuse to use them so i attempted to make an ugly mess of roads that could be used as shorter routes between common departures and destinations and for again for no fathomable reason the cars would prefer to do a lap around the highly congested roads of the entire city rather then take the direct empty route there. Honestly it just felt like there was no winning and eventually my city started failing more and more because of problems that seemed unsolvable when i was very close to some lengthy trophies so i just got cranky and quit.

I never felt like this at all with tropico, it always felt that whatever problem i encountered there was a solution, a balance to be struck and it might have taken a while but the missions and explanations slowly prepared you to deal with everything and have fun. Skylines seemed like it just wanted me to fail. Again it could just be possible i missed things or wasn't exploring things as i should but this was my experience with the game that was otherwise fun.

tl;dr: don't put me in charge of city designing please.

Thanks for the detailed experience! These type of games are made to have fun with not to struggle with and fail so i would agree with you i am currently waiting for tropico 6 to see how it goes.

44 minutes ago, Cynicaljam96 said:

Play Tropico, the Sims (Any) and City Skylines on the PC like they're meant to be played, have you ever had the displeasure of trying to navigate the UI in the Sims 3 on the PS3, then proceeding to input faster than the fucking console can handle, thus causing the game to freeze trying to cancel "Jog to here." you're either a masochist or a dumb ass if you want to play God games ported to a console.

Tropico is a patient game, everything moves at a pace where you have time to coordinate your efforts. City Skylines has 101 things going on at once. the Sims? Just you fucking try and manage six Sims at once with their free will on Normal.

All from a Console perspective of course, these games on PC are REALLY fun to play. No I'm not trying to sell you PC Master Race; some games just don't work as ports and are literally pointless as ports. I can't speak for Tropico 5 though, that might have improved the entire experience to be honest, we'll see.

you are right the sims wasn't fun on the ps3 when i played it it was simply not made for it however tropico 5 was fun i was thinking about getting civilization VI on pc i never tried that series i hope tropico 6 is gonna be an improvement on the last one.