Can´t find all animals

Pinselneo

56 minutes ago, Pinselneo said:

On every planet  I cant find the last 1 or 2 animals. I searched for hours but I only see the other ones. Has someone tips to find all of them?

Same problem.. Found 6/7 animals and the last one couldn't find... Can they be underground, in caves or smth? Does anyone know?

Edited by PhantomBlade19

Thanks guys! I am going to look more arround the world.

2 minutes ago, PhantomBlade19 said:

Same problem.. Found 6/7 animals and the last one couldn't find... Can they be underground, in caves or smth? Does anyone know?

Yes they can be in caves.

I heard that you need to analyze all plants to find the rare animals. Is that true??

Edited by Pinselneo

There are four biomes:

- land

- air

- water

- caves

Most will be on land but there are probably several in the other categories too. I have noticed more in caves since the Next update. Also the air and water animals are now quite annoying to scan. I have had to shoot down any air creatures I wish to scan and then hunt down their corpse... Haven't figured out water animals yet. 

It's doable though. I was about ready to give up with 9/10 on two planets in my last system, but I got 10/10 on both of them this weekend while playing with my husband. If you have a friend with the game playing with them can help. His playstyle is different than mine, so we spent a lot more time underground which made all the difference on one of the planets 

• Like 3

Having the same problem on a few planets. Not sure if it's the game glitching.

Trying to find other planets that have less creatures on it.

I've also looked everywhere, land, air, underground, caves, water, spent hours on the planets, and just could not find that last animal.

15 minutes ago, DysectorZA said:

Having the same problem on a few planets. Not sure if it's the game glitching.

Trying to find other planets that have less creatures on it.

I've also looked everywhere, land, air, underground, caves, water, spent hours on the planets, and just could not find that last animal.

Some animals just rare as hell and a pain to find, thus all you can do is either keep looking or give up and find another planet :(.

17 minutes ago, Ash Williams said:

Haven't played since release but there used to be two glitches with this:

- if you chose to upload before finding everything on a specific planet, that planet would never count any more for stats even if you found the other animals afterwards.

- lifeless planets counted too.

I never a saw a lifeless planet :o

4 minutes ago, Pinselneo said:

I never a saw a lifeless planet :o

Maybe one in six or so of the planets I visited was empty, and a few more had only a couple of life forms.

No Man's Sky as a whole felt pretty empty back then but I doubt they have did away with all of the lifeless planets, there's probably still a bunch out there.

Edited by Ash Williams

39 minutes ago, Ash Williams said:

Haven't played since release but there used to be two glitches with this:

- if you chose to upload before finding everything on a specific planet, that planet would never count any more for stats even if you found the other animals afterwards.

- lifeless planets counted too.

This not registering after uploading still exists and is what I was getting.

Btw, I encountered one planet without life and it didn't count for the 'all animals' trophy.

• Like 1

Best thing to do is to find a planet without water, you can see it in space (I had plenty systems with planets without it). These planets have just 5 to 9 animals max. Now land on one of these, look around, scan what you can and search for flying animals aswell. There will always be 1-3 small types, 1-2 medium and 1 large. Also 1-2 types of flying animals. 

With this strategy I was done in a few hours. 

Happy hunting. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Lowlliet said:

Best thing to do is to find a planet without water, you can see it in space (I had plenty systems with planets without it). These planets have just 5 to 9 animals max. Now land on one of these, look around, scan what you can and search for flying animals aswell. There will always be 1-3 small types, 1-2 medium and 1 large. Also 1-2 types of flying animals. 

With this strategy I was done in a few hours. 

Happy hunting. 

Thanks I am going to try it.

On 13.08.2018 at 2:50 PM, Pinselneo said:

On every planet  I cant find the last 1 or 2 animals. I searched for hours but I only see the other ones. Has someone tips to find all of them?

Same here - I have a lot of 4/5s, 7/8s or 9/10s... I just gave up after few hours of searching.
On one planet I even managed to find missing animal, but it was some kind of insect/glitch, that I wasn't even able to scan...

On 13.08.2018 at 6:20 PM, SolarCat02 said:

I have noticed more in caves since the Next update.

After over 40hrs of playing with the NEXT update (and every other patch afterwards) I have NEVER encountered an animal in caves...

Just recently landed on a planet with 13 animals.

I spent about 4 hours on the planet and only managed to find 7 out of 13 so far. Looked every where. Can't seem to find the rest.

Then afterwards I landed on a planet with 5 animals and managed to find all of them within 30 minutes.

I completed 5 planets so far, and man, it is hard to keep doing this ...

What i've noticed so far is that on planets where i'm missing just one creature and the planet has water, usually is a rare spawn underwater. 4 of the 5 planets i've completed was like that. I had to keep swimming for some time until it spawns.

I found that planets without water are usually harder, and i didn't see any cave creatures so far.

Today I found a planet with 5 animals, I upload all of them right after scanning the last one. It didn't count for some reason.

Should I upload every animal I find along the way or wait until I get them all and then upload them before I leave the planet? Also I found one creature in a cave in 20 planets I searched, they just don't spawn at all. Lost count how many 4/5, 6/7, 8/9 and 10/11 planets I have... 

Am I doing something wrong? Besides wasting my time running around like an idiot searching for "non-existent" malformed creatures...

Edited by PhantomBlade19

47 minutes ago, PhantomBlade19 said:

Today I found a planet with 5 animals, I upload all of them right after scanning the last one. It didn't count for some reason.

Should I upload every animal I find along the way or wait until I get them all and then upload them before I leave the planet? Also I found one creature in a cave in 20 planets I searched, they just don't spawn at all. Lost count how many 4/5, 6/7, 8/9 and 10/11 planets I have... 

Am I doing something wrong? Besides wasting my time running around like an idiot searching for "non-existent" malformed creatures...

Unfortunately, the upload can sometimes glitch and make it so the game thinks you've found all the animals when you haven't but all you can do in that case is sigh and move on to another planet and pray it works this time :(. Also, make sure you press the Silver Paw button after finding the final creature else none of them will count towards the trophy.

If you get desperate, start a new game offline without the patch installed then you will be able to access the original trophy requirements of just scanning 60 random animals.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1