All Boss Fights | Nightmare Difficulty (Stem Cell 4)

rubhen925

Ok, so i know i have a ton of posts here. Again sorry lol. Probably will be my last post for the game, and it involves Nightmare Mode (Stem Cell 4). Mainly the Boss Fights in this mode. Other have messaged me asked to share some tips for this mode, because the bosses are the easy part imo, it's the enemies during the levels that make it hard as well as the Malaise infection. But let's focus on the bosses in this post. I might make another post with a fully detailed Nightmare mode tips and strats.

I already made other posts on how to beat the bosses, and what strategies you can use. This one is more of a compilation of the boss fights.

First thing i will say is to avoid Conjunctivius in this mode, because that boss takes way too long and none of the ranged options really work, and if you are going for a tactics build like I was, fighting that monstrosity is a nightmare indeed.

The path I took was Start - Toxic Sewers - Ramparts - Black Bridge - Stilt Village - Clock Tower - Clock Room - Castle - Throne Room.

I avoided Promenade because of the dual bladed swordsmen who can teleport and screw you up!

Ancient Sewers sucks because of the Mushroom enemies who can hit you out of no where really.

I completely avoid the path after Conjunctivius because i hate going towards that boss, but for posterity i fight the boss and include it here.

You can go towards Slumbering Sanctuary but i get nervous about the enemies who make the other enemies invisible so yea

DO NOT go to the Forgotten Sepulcher. It's a total nightmare. Constantly trying to find a light source while avoiding hits so infection doesn't build up is not worth it.

I include my weapons and stats for all the bosses except The Time Keeper, because i honestly forgot lol. It's pretty much the same build I used on the No damage run, which is Turrets with increased damage to enemies frozen, poison, bleed, burn etc. Also Ice blasts and Ice Bows are a must!

Other than that you guys know how the bosses work at this point. Plus you guys are probably tired of reading my posts now :P i'll get going!

Lastly for those who want to know what my Forge stats were:

1000/1000

2859/3500

0/8000

So you don't need ridiculously strong weapons to do this! That should give people some confidence. But having weapons always maxed out helps as you don't need to spend money to get them upgraded.

Timeline:

1) The Concierge {Location: Black Bridge) - 0:05

2) Conjuntivius (Location: Insufferable Crypt) - 1:10

3) The Time Keeper (Location: Clock Room) - 4:35

4) The Hand of the King (Location: The Throne Room) - 5:13

Good Luck to all who attempt this crazy mode, and let me know what builds you guys used yourself in the comments :)

Cheers

Im pretty much scratching the surface with this game when it comes to skill and understanding the mechanics, i can't even beat it in the 2 cell mode. As you said, the bosses are actually the easy part. That being said, iIwould really appreciate if you could do a guide of "going through the levels."

37 minutes ago, Manowjoe said:

Im pretty much scratching the surface with this game when it comes to skill and understanding the mechanics, i can't even beat it in the 2 cell mode. As you said, the bosses are actually the easy part. That being said, iIwould really appreciate if you could do a guide of "going through the levels."

I'll get some tips for nightmare written and thought of, and give some advice for the path i take. I can't give tips for the other paths considering i don't normally use them, but a general outline of what you should be doing.

I'll get working on it as soon as I finish some work tomorrow :)

Cheers

On 8/13/2018 at 10:34 PM, Manowjoe said:

That being said, iIwould really appreciate if you could do a guide of "going through the levels."

This stuff is surprisingly easy. Since I took the same path as Rubhen925, it really boiled down to creatively using my go to build (ice grenade and turret or ice bow and two turrets and tactics and when I can't do that, whichever gives more health). 

Starting area? Ignore pretty much any enemy and just rush to find things to weapons/scrolls.

Sewer? Ignore everything unless I have a turret and then I mostly just hung out on the pipe and used turrets to do my dirty work. This was invaluable for killing an elite down there.

Ramparts? Opt out of hard fights, use the ram skill to stun and beat enemies and abuse narrow hallways for turret/ice choke points.

Stilt Village? By now you should have ice and a turret or you're doing something seriously wrong. What I typically did was froze enemies, threw down a turret and hung out somewhere safe. When I knew an enemy would spawn adds, I got ready to melee them. A great tactic is throwing a turret below you and just waiting above.

Clock Tower? Same basic tactic, though do not let the launcher guys live longer than you have to. When in doubt, throw a turret to distract them, run to the other side, rush them, freeze/throw a turret and watch them melt. Outside of them, nothing here should be able to hurt you.

Castle? Just follow this video.

More advanced tips:

For elites, there are three basic ways to deal with them. Kite them into turrets (run in a circle and constantly have them appear near your turret), run back to a place to teleport and then teleport forward (you'll be out of their range and won't follow/lose aggro), do a tactical retreat (move somewhere else, have them follow, attack while adds spawn, repeat). A lot of times you can simply opt out of pissing them off too.

Mutations? The one that lets you drop turrets quickly, increase damage when near turret and heal when cursed (break paid doors/open cursed chests whenever you need to heal). When you fight bosses, remove the curse one and replace it with either the one that does increased elemental damage (roll your turrets until they do it and then roll all your gear to get that same bonus) or more arrows if you have ice bow.

By doing all of this the game is a joke. 

• 8 months later...

These strategies don’t even work any more.. not with the state of the game as it is currently.. BSC1 hand of the king is overwhelming and I’m trying pretty much the same strategy with the same stats as rubhen does on nightmare. I have ice bow and double turrets with 23 tactics and nocks bow.. and he’s fucking brutal.. 

edit: but I guess you guys already know that.. hell, alienation doesn’t work like that any more, like he uses it at the start of the video and the hourglass mutation... wtf is that? Don’t think it exists according to the gamepedia.. unless that’s ripper In which case that’s a pretty useless mutation.. the game is so different and it’s just pretty frustrating looking at all these easy ass strats that used to work that honestly have no place in BSC modes imho 

Edited by xxdmcgee2288xx
iPhone autocorrect

Disregard my rant.. just raging.. my stats weren’t where they needed to be and honestly I don’t think two turrets is the way to go against the hand.. maybe a wolf pack and a turret.. something to keep the fucker static.. the third phase is wild.. 4 or 5 to my brutality and survival and 22 to my tactics was nowhere near strong enough.. and the ice bow is good but I think the frost blast or whatever the fuck it is that rubhen is using as an ice attack is much better than ice bow.. wondering if maybe the Japanese bow that does damage over time might be the way to go.. the one that has the gauntlets and the boots that have the same name as it..

honestly I think the route I will try is start-promenade-prison depths-ossuary-black bridge-stilt-sepulcher.. extra stage means extra scrolls and better chances with RNG legendaries and the sorts..

if im at 65% on + should I just start investing all my points into ++ for the forge? We’re talking BSC1.. so I can’t invest in legendaries yet but seeing the grind on ++ and comparing ++ stats to L.. maybe ++ is the way to go.. seems I’ve a ways to grind still..