Tips and tricks H1Z1

VLAAMINGK_N1

TIPS AND TRICKS H1Z1

Based on own experience

Intro:

As you guys may know there is not a big source or forums for H1Z1 with tips and tricks to get better or to at least know some general stuff which you shouldn't discover after some games. That's why I decided to put some effort into posting this topic to inform you about some general knowledge and some small tricks to improve your gameplay and the trophyhunt (in case you care about them as me). I will write down a little 'guide' with some own experiences and situations that gave me the best chance to complete them. This isn't enough info to make a guide so I decided to make a forumpost about it, hopefully you guys can use these tips and tricks to accomplish some of this trophies.

1. Map and drops:

So first things first, after you drop down go hunt some weapons (AR15, riot shotgun). These 2 guns are always my priority, Ar15 for some far distances gunfight and riot for close combat after you get out of your car. IMPORTANT: Always drop near a car/quad, it's because of the simple reason if the loot isn't that good or even nothing on some spots, you can drive fast to another place where the loot is better. (Icons on minimap or villages). After you got locked and loaded it's time to go hunt down some enemies.

OR get ready for the first planedrops (green flares). These drops are filled with basic stuff which could give you some advantage even it's just simple stuff. Armor (75), Helmet (50), combat shotgun, grenades, emps etc..

I recommend hunt atleast one crate of these, these are not really hunted that much in the games. Watch in the sky for some lights or crates when you're on the right spot (you can hear and even see the planes when you're on some right spots). If you don't see anything you may drive a little more to the center of the green circle. Out of my experience they drop more frequently around the center of the green circle.

Purple flares: these are the second ones and are harder to catch, decreased to around 5-6 crates max. Same principe as the green ones, only harder to get. Includes some purple weapons and other stuff like the green ones.

Golden flares: These are the last and by far the hardest crates to get, only 3 crates will drop from the sky. Get ready for a war or be clever and look around to see if there's a crate where there are no near enemies seen. (Happens rarely but sometimes really happens). If you get that chance, don't waste time and just pick up the golden things you see and an armor in case you need one and get as soon as possible away from there.

A different situation is you let somebody else open the crate and they may run away because they're getting fired at. If this happens you may drive to it very quick and pick the things up as mentioned above, you will seriously have to consider this based on the M40 sniper trophy.

NOTE: There are also some soldier crates on the ground you can get on some places (tankstations, bridges and other places which are really hard to tell since they change alot). This contains 3 items which could be usefull in the beginning of the game, but nothing special to search continue for it. It will sound as a broken radiosignal, that's the only way to know if there's one close or not, they look like simple black boxes.

2. Strategies:

Most of the trophies will come naturally when you play the game, but a couple of them are really necessary to focus on them to actually complete them. In a short amount of time ofcourse, if you enjoy playing the game and don't really mind the trophies, just continue playing and enjoy it, they will come after all.

No gibs for you: 

Get 10 kills with grenades:

Grenades are found in the crates, green flares are the easiest to get them. I guess we all can agree they are most of the time just shit to use. Try to get sneaky behind some fences or rocks, when 2 players are fighting eachother or when an enemy is unaware of your position and isn't moving that much.

Another option is to get sneaky somewhere where a crate is going to drop (purple and golden are more success to get because the bigger hunting on it). Get into a building or whatever you feel comfortable and wait untill someone appears near the crate, if you think he will open it, quick throw a grenade or 2 and hopefully you will succeed.

One eye closed:

Get 25 kills with the M40 Sniper:

To get the sniper you really have to hunt down a golden flare crate, no matter what you will only get the sniper in the final circles and you will have to push out some kills with it. Hunt the crate down are wait for someone else to hunt it down and look if they have it. (Most of the M40 owners will take the camouflage with them)If you didn't really couldn't do both there's still one option left: try to hear where he is, the sound of the gun you will defenitly recognize.

Another great tip from Smzthy-!: Throw smoke grenades around the crate so you can't be shot from snipers nor cars, this is a very effective way that increases your chance to get a golden crate (hopefully with a M40 in it!)

If you have the sniper:

Try to hide behind a building, fence or your own car. NO QUAD. The best strategy seems to drive to the bounderies of the green circle, try to hide somewhere on the edges of it. Most of the people are focused to move on in the center of the circle. Try to look around and find some gunfights or guys hiding somewhere. If you feel like you will get attacked just move to another save spot, better safe than sorry in this case, because you wont have much chances to obtain this sniper. This is a hard trophy and is luckbased and skillbased, I can't really give much tips about this since you really have to get lucky with alot of things (timing, opponents, gas).

I'll add some extra tips if they're posted below and useful, so we can give you guys some more advice about these trophies/strategies. 

If you want to see another trophy with some extra information or just information about the game feel free to PM me or just post into this topic.

BUGS: It may be possible you can't throw grenades at some point ingame, this is under review and will be updated if we have more info about this.

Edited by VLAAMINGK_N1
  • Like 4

People are upset on social media and ask them to put the M40 in purple crate instead of gold . So we can maybe hope for an update one day. 

For grenades, the technique of waiting close to a crate is not bad. I almost made one, except that I could not throw it. Even afterwards in the game I could no longer throw my grenades. Another bug to add to the list.

• Like 2

For the M40 Trophy, I usually store a bunch of smoke grenades and wait for the gold crates to drop. As soon as one lands I instantly throw the smoke grenades, grab the M40 and drive away to the edge of the circle. 

Edited by Smzthy
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Smzthy said:

For the M40 Trophy, I usually store a bunch of smoke grenades and wait for the gold crates to drop. As soon as one lands I instantly throw the smoke grenades, grab the M40 and drive away to the edge of the circle. 

That's actually a smart way to do it, because most of the time cars drive around or snipers are waiting untill you will open it, will add this in the topic. I always did it on plain sight, which made it more difficult.

On 14-8-2018 at 11:38 AM, Krove-34 said:

People are upset on social media and ask them to put the M40 in purple crate instead of gold . So we can maybe hope for an update one day. 

For grenades, the technique of waiting close to a crate is not bad. I almost made one, except that I could not throw it. Even afterwards in the game I could no longer throw my grenades. Another bug to add to the list.

Hmm never saw this bug before, I know after you threw one there's like a timelimit untill you can throw another one. So you couldn't throw a grenade at all? And you were sure you still had grenades?

If it happens again try to look into it what may cause the problem, will add this and edit it if you have more info about it.

Thanks for the input both!