Yakuza 3 Remastered - English Translation & Narration Mini-Guide

TheElecPlay

CHAPTER 4: Mack Shinozuka “Revelations” & Message in a Bottle Substory 

Before heading to Tokyo, Kiryu introduces Saki to the children of the Morning Glory Orphanage.

Soon after, Kiryu and Haruka spend some time grocery shopping at the Public Market.

Before heading to the airport, Kiryu is interrupted by Mack Shinozuka: a photographer who travels the world in search of the greatest photograph.

Mack tells Kiryu about “Revelations” : A sudden inspiration from the world surrounding the individual, such as from the patterns of nature to the actions of people. A ‘gift’ or ‘insight’ from the heavens. 

In layman’s terms, Kiryu will be able to see certain events in the environment and be ‘inspired’ by them. As a result, he will learn new moves/Heat Actions. Kiryu will only be able to observe certain events once he receives an e-mail from Mack.

Revelations were a new mechanic introduced in Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan. 

In Kenzan, Kiryu used a brush and parchment befitting of the 1600s, but in the later games, he uses his cell phone and updates his ‘MySpace’ blog.

TIMESTAMPS

Skip Introduction: 01:09

Revelations with Mack Shinozuka: 07:34

SUBSTORY TIMESTAMP

Message in a Bottle (瓶詰めラブレター): 18:54

Edited by noahez92

UPDATE 1.04 was just released today and once again the only description given is "Bug fixes". 

If you've been following the guide so far, we've unlocked two trophies in Chapter 4:

1) 30 Substories Completed (サブストーリー30) - MISSABLE but you can play Premium Adventure Mode to complete all substories*

2) I started Blogging (ブログ始めました) - Unlocked once you meet Mack Shinozuka)

CHAPTER 4: Return to Kamurocho, Coin Locker Keys, School Girl Revelation & Hasebe of the Nishikiyama Family

Kiryu hops on a plane to Kamurocho.

We’re introduced to three new eclectic cast of characters: Yoshitaka Mine, Goh Hamazaki and Tsuyoshi Kanda

Upon arriving in Kamurocho, Kiryu discovers Stardust is ambushed by the Nishikiyama Family’s Captain, Hasebe.

Kiryu learns the Kazama Family’s Interim Chairman, Kashiwagi is in grave danger...

First Impressions: Mine uses a tumbler that USED to have the Gatorade logo in the original Yakuza 3. In Yakuza 3 Remastered, the Gatorade logo is missing.

TIMESTAMPS

Skip Introduction: 01:02

Gatorade Product Placement PS3 & PS4 Comparison: 02:43

Coin Locker Key Timestamp:
Kamurocho Coin Locker Key 15 - 16:51
Kamurocho Coin Locker Key 16 - 17:07
Kamurocho Coin Locker Key 04 - 17:32
Kamurocho Coin Locker Key 18 - 17:55
Kamurocho Coin Locker Key 06 - 18:16

CHAPTER 4 BOSS FIGHT:
Hasebe (長谷部) : 22:29

Trophies Unlocked: 

Boss 04: Hasebe Defeated ボス04(長谷部撃破)

• 2 weeks later...

Update: More Yakuza 3 Remastered video guides to be released soon. I'll be completing most of the substories in Chapter 5 in the next livestream/YouTube video. In the meantime, don't forget to Subscribe for more. If you have any questions about the game or need additional tips, ask here.

44 minutes ago, KatsuroMakoto said:

Disappointed in Yakuza 3 Remaster a little bit. The difference between Yakuza 1 and Yakuza Kiwami 1 was huge, but the difference between Y3 and this game is not much.. no much added value imo.  

The value in this one is being able to play it without having to get the physical disk which is somewhat hard to find now. Also I expect the load times to be much better which is nice because there's a lot of loading screens plus the better resolution and framerate. I mean what more do you want from a port?

1 hour ago, xh117 said:

The value in this one is being able to play it without having to get the physical disk which is somewhat hard to find now. Also I expect the load times to be much better which is nice because there's a lot of loading screens plus the better resolution and framerate. I mean what more do you want from a port?

This is what I meant.. I already played Y3 and being able to play without a disc is not attactive enough for me.. less loading time or not, it is just a HD remaster. I have played Y1 and Y2 on PS2, and I played Kiwami 1 and 2 on PS4... The difference was immense and it was better in all ways. This is just a HD remaster without touching the in-game content. 

On 04/12/2018 at 0:53 AM, KatsuroMakoto said:

This is what I meant.. I already played Y3 and being able to play without a disc is not attactive enough for me.. less loading time or not, it is just a HD remaster. I have played Y1 and Y2 on PS2, and I played Kiwami 1 and 2 on PS4... The difference was immense and it was better in all ways. This is just a HD remaster without touching the in-game content. 

Yeah this game is not a Kiwami remake but it does have a few features missing/replaced due to licensing which I will talk about in the video guide. I love the fact that the cinematics and the game run at full 60FPS. As far as cut content, Answer x Answer is gone, Ageha has been replaced with SHINE in the remaster and the missing Gatorade product placement as seen in:

Ryu ga Gotoku 1 & 2 HD incorporated some of the features in later installments which I loved. For example in the originals, you have to travel back to Serena (the hideout) and switch items you need/don't need. In the HD Editions, they've incorporated some of the features used in the later games - being able to move items in the inventory by simply going to a telephone booth in the city and having a 'check mark' on every item you've purchased.

I was surprised RGG 3 Remastered didn't use some of the nuances in later installments (check marks, sub story indicators etc.)

Edited by noahez92
  • Like 1

On 03/12/2018 at 11:05 PM, xh117 said:

The loadtimes are pretty much nonexistent the moment you start playing the game and because of the fact that they're able to use a lot more horsepower on the PS4/PRO, there's a lot more civilians walking around town making 'Runaway Train'/暴走機関車 trophy where you have to run over a 100 pedestrians easier to obtain.

It's actually cheaper to purchase the physical disc than on PSN. I think yesasia or Play Asia is having their Christmas sale. 

Edited by noahez92
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Is Ayana Tsubaki Talking About Me? (椿姫 彩菜 俺のこと?サブストーリー) Substory

One of the sub stories that was unfortunately removed in the Western release of Yakuza 3.

After a hard days work of beating up street thugs in Kamurocho, Kiryu decides to get a massage at the Love in Heart massage parlor (ラブインハート).

NOTE: This sub story is available during nighttime from Chapter 5.

Edited by noahez92

For those wondering, yes I will also be covering the infamous "Make the No.1 Hostess" minigame that was removed in the Western release. Unfortunately, if you can't read Japanese you might have some issues trying to satisfy the customers while surveying the club but I'll break it down in the video. Stay tuned.

Edited by noahez92

An extensive Chapter 5 Substories video will be released in a few days. Translated and narrated as always. Chapter 5 has the most substories in the game. It will also include the handful of substories that were from the Western release. Timestamps as always will be included so you can skip ahead to parts you need to watch.

Edited by noahez92

EXTENSIVE CHAPTER 5 SUB STORIES VIDEO

As soon as Kiryu receives a text from Mack, you can clear most/all sub stories and acquire a revelation. 

You may want to hold off the Hostess Clubs for the time being since you'll need a lot of ¥. 

Sub stories can be found by interacting with pedestrians, playing mini games or simply strolling around town. Completing them will reward Kiryu with Experience Points, miscellaneous items and money.  

Some sub stories have perquisites that must be met in order to start and complete them. The sub stories in the video were completed in order. 

However, The Manga Artist’s Debut and Making the Ultimate Instant Ramen cannot be completed in Chapter 5.

I also completed sub stories that were absent in the Western PS3 release.

Sub Story TIMESTAMPS:

Collect the Debt! 借金男を追え : 09:24

Death Bowler (Bowling) デスボウラー : 16:17

Cat Watcher 猫ウォッチャー : 21:37

(REMOVED FROM WESTERN RELEASE) The Manga Artist’s Debut 漫画家デビュー : 23:10

(REMOVED FROM WESTERN RELEASE) The Runaway テレクラ家出娘 : 32:15

The Jackpot Scam 大当たりの罠 : 40:13

The Art of Haggling 叩き売り : 45:13

Dine and Dash 満腹チェイサー : 59:04

An Old Gentleman's Memories 老紳士の思い出 : 1:03:40

The Artful Dodger 帰ってきた殴ってみろ屋 : 1:18:35

High-Tech Peeping Tom ハイテクのぞき : 1:23:24

Taxi Driver タクシードライバー : 1:33:19

Dragon Palace Restoration 龍宮城 再び : 1:37:18

Water Ya Purifying? 浄水器 : 1:54:53

(REMOVED FROM WESTERN RELEASE) I wanna visit Tokyo! Part 2 東京に行きたい第2: 2:03:16

Making the Ultimate Instant Ramen ラーメン物語 : 2:09:27

Photographical Evidence 真実を写す写真 : 2:25:47

Death Bowler Continued : 2:45:04

Swinging For The Fences (Batting Cages) 悩めるドラフト1 : 2:49:01

Darting For Love (Darts) 恋愛 ダーツ指南 : 2:58:41

TIMESTAMPS:

Skip my explanation about the two removed sub stories in Yakuza 3 Remastered: 2:09

Revelation Acquired “Essence of Pole Dancing” ポールダンスの極み 06:45

Nice Hit! ナイス·ヒッター Trophy Unlocked (Batting cages) - Hit two targets simultaneously in the Hard Course at the batting cage. 2:49:43

You can complete most of the side activities in Chapter 5 for the ミニゲームマスター Minigame Master Trophy. Just make sure you complete Dragon Palace Restoration 龍宮城 再び sub story to get access to the gambling hall. Check the timestamp in the Comments section or in the post above.

ミニゲームマスター

In the next few videos, we will learn new moves from two masters in Kamurocho. If you've been following the guide and the videos, Kiryu's Mind, Technique, Body and Kiwami/Ultimate should be at level 7 in all categories. This is important as one of the prerequisites for one of the masters requires Kiryu to reach level 7.

Edited by noahez92