Spoilers thread

First.. is that this allowed?

if so.. start out by some ground rules.. for courtesy, only spoil episodes currently out that everyone has had a fair chance to play.. for respect, don’t dis or downplay someone’s choices they made.. and don’t lie about outcomes.. i.e. an alternate route where X person didn’t die, and they’re still alive and kicking..

spoilers..

does marlon always die? Wtf man.. AJ killed his ass in cold blood.. I was so shocked... I just put my controller down and stared at the TV with a blankness in my eyes and put my hand over my mouth.. like holy shit.. wtf just happened..

good vibes with the episode.. I kinda liked Marlon.. even tho he was a coward.. he was a scared kid. Not making any excuses for what he did, but maybe his intentions weren’t evil.. trying to be empathetic for the pathetic lil shit.. 

excited to see how this all pans out.. I went with Louis. I don’t want Clem to be a lesbian with an emo misanthrope, no offense to that walk of life, I just generally like Louis’ character better

I gotta say... It's been quite a while since I truly loved a Walking Dead episode, but this one was absolutely fantastic. Season 1 was amazing because it had characters you cared about, it had high points, and low points the stopped everything for the moment. Then after season 1 was a lot of randomness, I dunno it seems like when Telltale split into all these teams and made a billion games they lost focus. This episode seems like the first one since season 1 that made me go "wow". Well done Telltale!

I kinda like the trophy layout too, well at least at the moment - they let you make multiple save slots in the main menu of the game:dunno:

• Like 2

I played through twice and as Far as I can tell Marlin and Brody always die. There is no way to get AJ to use the bullet before the finale. If you tell him to shoot at Abel he gets killed and you get a game over screen. The only thing I can think of is early on if you tell AJ to save the last bullet for himself, maybe, just maybe he wont fire. The other thing that stuck out from the end credits it says that Brody was upset about how you blew off the encounter with Abel. Maybe there is a way you can acknowledge the mistake and it will avoid her from freaking out but I doubt it. I think regardless of your actions they both die at the end. 

Either way, great episode, loved a lot about it!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BlindMango said:

I gotta say... It's been quite a while since I truly loved a Walking Dead episode, but this one was absolutely fantastic. Season 1 was amazing because it had characters you cared about, it had high points, and low points the stopped everything for the moment. Then after season 1 was a lot of randomness, I dunno it seems like when Telltale split into all these teams and made a billion games they lost focus. This episode seems like the first one since season 1 that made me go "wow". Well done Telltale!

I kinda like the trophy layout too, well at least at the moment - they let you make multiple save slots in the main menu of the game:dunno:

Yeah I can totally agree.. although there were moments in both season 2 and 3 that made me miss season one (flashbacks of Lee.. Kenny reminiscing on Lee..) and there were great moments, arguably, too (Jesus in season 3.. Kenny killing Jane, I thought it was done kinda well tbh..) idk..

point being, from start to finish, especially with the changes they brought about with it being more interactive in the sense of it being more like an actual game then just “Move the cursor here and click and now your characters will walk there and interact with X”.. the voice acting was actually done very well.. the plot, although very fairy tale-ish (kids? Come on, man.. these are kids in a richy looking boarding school..) and a bit far fetched, the story from start to finish in episode one made it feel very complete and like our choices actually mattered for once (although.. honestly, even if they only did matter a little bit in the long run, even a little more than they did in previous seasons, any improvement, is just that, an improvement)

i like the new style and it’s well welcomed.. it’s better than just, ohhhh let’s kick back, play the episode once and get ready for another easy plat.. honestly.. there’s enough of those out there already (I’m a sucker, too) but let’s make TTG, great again!!